View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I only have one major grip with my future main tbh and that's the running animation.

It's pretty stiff if you ask me, the arms just swing like pendulums and the legs move like it's a clockwork robot. Idk if they intended that but I get flashbacks to the way cataclysm worgen animations goofed the whole race for me.

Still maining it tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    To be fair, lizards don't have wings either.
    Google Draco. There is literally an entire genus of lizards with wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Can you point to me the dragons in wow you could tell what gender they were based off their dragon form?
    Can you show my the dragon titties?
    Where are the dragon titties?
    So why would this have dragon titties?
    Ehh who said anything about "titties"?
    First off these are not Dragons, they are dragon-humanoid hybrids (visually and lore-wise).
    Sleek and slender bodies look feminine, along with narrow shoulders and smaller jawlines.
    Very long legs compared to torso ratio also give the impression of feminine.
    Since these lizards are upright standing humanoid semi-dragons the chest muscles seem underdeveloped (utterly flat) unlike most other medium/tall races whose males got some body builder chest muscles (i think blizz later added an option for buff chest).
    Blizzard also usually gives beards for males which is for some reason also present on dragons, and i dont recall seeing any "powerful" beards for lizard race.
    Even on the screenshots you posted you can see that the shoulder width is same as humans - but the lizards are vastly taller, further enforcing the feminine body type.
    Lack of (ridiculous) blizzard shoulderpads armor (not usable for lizards) further adds to the visual slenderness of the lizard race.
    While somewhat typical for regular 4 legged lizards the "human-lizard" model also has an elongated neck compared to other males, and longer necks (not partially covered by developed shoulder/neck muscles) further adds to the sleek slender feminine look.

I could go on but honestly the topic is not worth it.
    When a race has visually 5++ things that make it look slender, sleek and less muscular then the obvious result is that they will look feminine.
    The option blizz later added for a more "buff" lizard does fix some things but overall not all that much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Lack of (ridiculous) blizzard shoulderpads armor (not usable for lizards) further adds to the visual slenderness of the lizard race.
    If you wanna talk about a subject, maybe do research?
    They literally have built in shoulderpads as a barbershop option, and also can transmog shoulders...

not even gunna bother with the rest as you have obviously spent all of 1 and a half seconds doing research, if even that, as i even linked EARLIER them with a small pair of shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Google Draco. There is literally an entire genus of lizards with wings.
    Not draconic wings ala Dracthyr or Dragons, which is what I was talking about.

Not draconic wings ala Dracthyr or Dragons, which is what I was talking about.
    Shifting the goalposts? You? Noooooo. Unheard of.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shifting the goalposts? You? Noooooo. Unheard of.
    Yeah, feel free to find a lizard with wings like this;

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Can you point to me the dragons in wow you could tell what gender they were based off their dragon form?

Can you show my the dragon titties?
    Where are the dragon titties?

So why would this have dragon titties?
    Dragons like Nozdormu have beards/hair on their chin. Don’t think I’ve seen a female dragon with such.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Been reading some of the replies, I don't see why wanting to play a bulkier character suddenly makes me want to bone them. I play bulkier races such as Orcs because I think they look cool, and the Dracthyr's visage form AND draconid form just doesn't look all that appealing to me. Why belittle others for wanting the option?

Sure, as soon as you show me a dragon with wings like those. Oh wait, dragons aren't real .....you really do have issues with this whole fantasy vs reality thing, don't you? You didn't say "no lizards have wings that look like the wings on this fantasy creature". You said "lizards don't have wings" which is not true at all.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So I have now perfected the Dracthyr model based on the feedback in this thread:
    -snip-
    9/10, needs the beefy Trogdor arm coming out of its back and its basically perfect

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

You won’t because those wings are unrealistic and would barely function in real life. Especially with as little muscle is attached to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Been reading some of the replies, I don't see why wanting to play a bulkier character suddenly makes me want to bone them. I play bulkier races such as Orcs because I think they look cool, and the Dracthyr's visage form AND draconid form just doesn't look all that appealing to me. Why belittle others for wanting the option?
    They’re probably still upset that Dracthyr were called furry bait when they were announced and can’t come up with anything better as a comeback for those that don’t like the Dracthyr.
    Chen isn't a Monk

imagine screwing up a dragon model. Really sad times for retail

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    100% you will play them xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, as soon as you show me a dragon with wings like those. Oh wait, dragons aren't real .....
    I wasn't the one who started this inane conversation of comparing a real animal to a mythological one.

The kobolds are draconic abominations not actual dragons.
    The dracthyr are literally that, they are not "dragons" they are abominations made to be draconic spellcasters using the essence of mortals mixed with the aspects powers.
    To be fair, lizards don't have wings either.

Dracthyr are simply bipedal dragons. Bipedal dragons is a concept that isn't alien to fantasy.
    Problem is they should look more like like wow dragons, not like D&D kobolds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Because they're crying about not getting this;

Which totally goes against the concept of the race/class, which is to be a caster (and is also ugly as sin).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    It's some mutant lizard raptor with weak chin. All of their snout options are either gentle or goofy.

Edits

Drakonids

Even those scrawny shits look better

WoW dragons have exposed teeth, underbites, big jaws, jutting chins and tendrils, none of which Dracthyr have access to.
    I like the edit and yes I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So I have now perfected the Dracthyr model based on the feedback in this thread:

Pointier nips and you've got my vote. It's a dragon. EVERYTHING must be sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    You won’t because those wings are unrealistic and would barely function in real life. Especially with as little muscle is attached to them.
    I mean if we wanna go down this particular rabbit hole, regular dragons would need a wingspan many, many times bigger than the one they have to even lift their mass, let alone be able to gracefully fly. Let's not get started on Deathwing.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.