Poll: Do you like Dragonriding?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Even the Guild Wars 2 Skyscale mount lets you flap in the air in place to avoid mobs. They just give you a meter that limits how high up you can go from the surface you take off from and moving forward with a slight decline keeps the meter full or it depletes if you try to gain height. Once it runs out you glide down.

Their Griffon mount is a bit closer to Dragonriding but even still it controls way better.

Dragonriding is part of Blizzard's current "throw rotted spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks" design philosophy.

It's not a substitute for understanding what customers would actually want.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They confirmed ages ago that regular flying will be coming to the isles.
    Yep. Excellent news. Choice is always good.

Sorry but the Dragonriding thing is bad.The rest is the same for me but the map is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Dragonriding is part of Blizzard's current "throw rotted spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks" design philosophy.

It's not bad it's just players have become so lazy and dependent on simpleness and there's never been a strive for more action oriented anything in the game. Plus the game engine is so old and archaic it's very hard to do physics based stuff well. World of Warcraft players are the least open minded mmo players I've seen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I don't want my movement to be a minigame. I just want it to get me from A to B so I can play the ACTUAL game there.
    It's fucking hilarious how people would literally rather spent double the amount of time travelling, just to avoid having to press a few extra keys under the pretense of "wanting to play the actual game" when the old system wastes your time a fuckton more than Dragonriding ever will.

Dragonriding is 3 times as fast as minecraft hovering, you will literally spend less time travelling and more time "playing the actual game" than you would with hovering.

My fucking god.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-10-02 at 02:25 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I've been waiting for more ui add-ons to come online (and a few more crash patches) before I hop in to try it, but I'm really curious!

Eh, I never liked conventional flying, it's basically pressing autorun and afking until the destination. Convenient but very unfun. Dragonriding at least feels like you're doing something. World content would be easier if you had a 'murder' button that just instakilled everything but I'd still prefer to use a number of abilities before the mob goes down. Same applies to conventional flying vs dragonriding.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'd rather go with not buying DF, thanks.
    So - DF makes getting from point A to be far far easier, and that's why you aren't buying it ?

Well that's just weird

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It's not bad it's just players have become so lazy and dependent on simpleness and there's never been a strive for more action oriented anything in the game. Plus the game engine is so old and archaic it's very hard to do physics based stuff well. World of Warcraft players are the least open minded mmo players I've seen.
    I think there are just different types of players. I want flying because in a decade they haven't managed to make me give two shits about the world content beyond I need to mindlessly farm X for Y.

WoW isn't a massive mmo like fornite with a 100 players engaging each other. It's a game mostly about smaller groups equipping themselves to join 20 man groups.

Don't get me wrong either making the world appeal to me would be disastrous to other groups of players. I doubt many want a world mob to become a mage tower fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - DF makes getting from point A to be far far easier, and that's why you aren't buying it ?

Well that's just weird
    It kinda is to me too. I might not care about dragon riding and see it as a down grade from flight but it's better then the "cheat" items of legion like the one that hops you into the air then let's you slow fall.

Some of ya'll are dramatic AF. Dragonriding is amazing, getting across vast distances in twice the speed while it feeling great is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It kinda is to me too. I might not care about dragon riding and see it as a down grade from flight but it's better then the "cheat" items of legion like the one that hops you into the air then let's you slow fall.
    Dragon riding is, in fact, a huge upgrade from flight - a massive upgrade in fact. Also, you don't have to do the mini game stuff if you don't want - you can just use the thing to fly around 3 times faster that fast riding.

In addition for the average person, you'll have it up and running within a few hours (because of my disability issues I had to spend 6 hours on beta to get it up and running for me), that's also way better than some pathfinder mechanic.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It's more annoying than regular flying for short hops, or to just go up a cliff.

Other than that it's great. Dracthyr Soar is a bit too much of a Wal-Mart version for my tastes but the real deal feels involved and fairly intuitive once you get used to it. Haven't found the glyphs that level it up yet but they sound like things you should beeline for.

Worst thing I've has happen are confusing instances of seemingly losing all my momentum right after taking off. Maybe it's a bug, maybe I pressed a key I shouldn't, but it happened a couple times.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

It feels amazing.

Current "flying" in wow is NOT flying. It is hovering with noclip. It is bad.

Dragonflying feels weighty and it is 4x faster than current noclip hovering.

In every single metric it is superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post
    Sorry but the Dragonriding thing is bad.The rest is the same for me but the map is huge.
    Dragonriding is awesome. You are just wrong.

/end conversation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

The majority of customers want flying to be like dragonriding. I do not know if you understand this but people who post and make threads on mmoc are the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    Sounds to me like blizz is adding something that they think people are excited about, but its kind of shit lawl
    Dragonflying is the single best thing theyve added since m+.

It os amazing. The people saying it is bad are just wrong.

Its awesome for what it is, but it doesn't replace flying. So if we still get regular flying after getting pathfinder etc. Im more than happy to use dargonriding until i get flying. But if its replacing it for good. Im gonna have some strongly worded words

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Its awesome for what it is, but it doesn't replace flying. So if we still get regular flying after getting pathfinder etc. Im more than happy to use dargonriding until i get flying. But if its replacing it for good. Im gonna have some strongly worded words
    Regular flying is returning, probably with Pathfinder like before so you're covered. But anyone going back to that will have to suck it up when dragonriders zoom over and steal herb/mining nodes from them 24/7 or get knocked off their mounts by bastards smashing into them at more than twice their speed using the 3 vigor ability.

I doubt I'd be able to resist the urge tbh if I spotted someone autoflying straight ahead, it's too easy of a target!

/end conversation

- - - Updated - - -

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post

/end conversation

- - - Updated - - -

-_-
    To be fair he produced as much reasoning for his argument as you did yours

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    To be fair he produced as much reasoning for his argument as you did yours
    Yes ofc your opinion sucks mine is better

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The majority of customers want flying to be like dragonriding.
    And your evidence for this is...?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"