Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

There needs to be more single player content

And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.

An MMO might not be the thing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. FFXIV does it just fine.

I mean you get torghast , visions and mage tower.

While the first might suck there have been attempts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Considering he referenced Monster Hunter and Dark Souls, no FF14 does not do it well. It doesn't have much of any of that involved monster fighting solo content at all.

RIP Mage Tower, removed from the game and they never added new challenges. Also RIP post-game questing content.

They could be doing a lot,but they wont unless they think it would be a financial benefit,getting out of wow more than decent raiding is sadly only a dream,hopefuly ashes of creation delivers on some of those things

have you tried other mmo's that focus more on it?like gw2,eso etc

almost everything is single player asides from instanced content and world bosses, a further change would be to make dungeons solo with your followers like the trust system in ffxiv, wow already has follower system and it could work in dungeons, this could work on raids too but maybe it would have to reduce the total amount of people in them, and for solo battlegrounds it would need an npc bot type system for your remaining team and the other team
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2022-07-16 at 06:27 AM.

no. no no no no.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.
    Yeah that's.. Just not happening. Like at all. Might as well just uninstall if that's what you're expecting.
    WoW is, at its core, a multiplayer game. There should of course exist some solo stuff, but it should not be the focus.

Also I think it's quite funny how your "solo end game content experience" examples are co-op focused games, but you know

There are a metric fuck ton of good single player games I still have on my backlog, many peeps are crying how bad new games are today but every month~ or so I can get one off of my list there are at least 2 more I want to add.

So honestly? Fuck no an mmo does not need to fill that niche too, especially when it never did to an big extent before, you're a weird and uninspired/one-dimensional gamer and one of those "i only play WoW" andy's when you seriously need an extension of that in WoW as well, try to broaden your gaming horizon, you might like what you find.

Games have their niches and core audiences they should try to focus on to give a great experience, trying to be one fits all will always stretch out ressources and make the game worse.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2022-07-16 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only on MMO-C where people can claim confidently that WoW does not cater to the community/multiplayer aspect while also saying the game needs more single player aspects.

Wait, no-- they do that everywhere.

And the result of is when solo players do grouped content, FF14 has produced the most unskilled players on average I have ever seen, the skill gap in FF14 is horrendous.

No, FF14 went to an extreme and the grouped content in the game suffers from it.

Go play Diablo 3, or Path of Exile if you want a gear treadmill where you can solo everything. Diablo 4 is also right around the corner and sounds like everything you'd want, wait 8 months and leave WoW for it.
    MMORPG are meant to be played with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    RIP Mage Tower, removed from the game and they never added new challenges. Also RIP post-game questing content.
    You know they added Mage Tower back as timewalking right? And has been left on permanently since March or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    The vast majority of content is single player content.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

There's literally thousands of single player games, absolutely no need to force this on an MMO. Puls they don't have to cater to your personal preferences.

If you want Monster Hunter or Elden Ring, go play those.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Wrong. MMO means "massive multi-player online" which only means many people in one spot online. IN no way does it mean mainly group content. People need to stop misrepresenting what the letters actually mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There's literally thousands of single player games, absolutely no need to force this on an MMO. Puls they don't have to cater to your personal preferences.

If you want Monster Hunter or Elden Ring, go play those.
    Who made you sole arbiter? They don't have to cater to your needs either. They should put in more solo content. Also, stop telling people to play other games. They have the right to ask for content to be added to the game.

Can you do single player instances in XIV?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    And the result of is when solo players do grouped content, FF14 has produced the most unskilled players on average I have ever seen, the skill gap in FF14 is horrendous.

No, FF14 went to an extreme and the grouped content in the game suffers from it.
    WOw is at a point where more solo content is going to do nothing to grouped content.