1+ Year Old Account

Why are players from non-RP servers allowed to be moved to a RP server in groups?

I'm genuinely curious behind this reasoning. I joined a group for a m+ dungeon and while I was waiting for the group to fill up I decided to just jump around on my mount. I got people whispering me and threatening to report me for "disturbing their rp" and citing RP server rules.

Why should I be able to go onto an RP server when joining a group and have people report me for not abiding to the rules when I don't even play on an RP server?

You can't jump around on a horse on a rp server ? Wtf , what happens If you are role-playing a show jumping comp with your friends?

Did this happen around the summoning stone or something? Exceptionally weird place to RP if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did this happen around the summoning stone or something? Exceptionally weird place to RP if that's the case.
    Regardless where they were RPing, if the opener was from another realm he cannot be reported.

Not his problem if Blizzard decide to merge RP realms with non-RP realms.

Which rule were they citing, because I don't remember any rule that stated you can't jump around on your mount on RP servers...?

Not to mention I play on RP server since TBC and haven't heard of anyone being reported for anything else than non-rp character name (which obviously won't affect you if your character wasn't created on RP realm, no matter where sharding puts you).

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    You can't jump around on a horse on a rp server ? Wtf , what happens If you are role-playing a show jumping comp with your friends?
    I don't know. I had people sending me messages threatening to report me if I don't stop jumping around because it's disturbing their RP. If it's actually a rule or not I don't know but I know that enough people reporting will get you automatically suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    No, oribos.

As an RP server main, while its technically a rule, you gotta be doing some actively trolly stuff to actually break it. Jumping around on a horse won't be doing it (Now, deliberately blocking people on a Clefthoof is a whole other story)

The idea of someone actually RPing on Oribos absolutely cracks me up though. As an RP server vet since Vanilla, I have never seen anyone RP there. There's this basically unspoken rule that the current expansion city is going to have a lot of people who aren't RPing because, y'know. Current expansion city. If they're ignoring that unspoken rule, they're just trying to rile you up. Ignore 'em.

(and like, literately, we had Ancient Parades going through Oribos just yesterday. if they got problems with jumping, that'd drive them nuts)

I mean...its a fluke in the system, if there's cross realm grouping then non rp folks are gonna jump into rp realms sometimes and vice versa

someone threatening to report you for that is the same as some of the other bullshit reporting that happens occasionally. I imagine RP reports are some of the few that HAVE to be checked by a human and they will see "Oh billy is from a non rp realm and didn't know" and just toss the report in the trash.

Now if you were spamming /Y Never gonna give you up never gonna let you down over and over then they have a case

Having in mind how small the RP community is and how aware they are that RP policies do not get enforced whatsoever - I'll take 'Things That Did Not Happen' for 100, Alex.