Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Adding tank/healer specs to classes without them would increase the pool of tanks/healers.
    Adding new classes with these has a much smaller impact, most people wont change mains.
    i doubt changing/adding specs would have bigger impact than adding new tank, people play what they enjoy, most people who enjoy doing dmg as mage wont suddenly love tanking as "battle mage" (or whatever new spec) even if they add it, theyll just keep playing mage dps...
    and if they outright change the spec to tanking theyll simply play other specs or change class if they dont enjoy any of the other dps specs

sure some people would start tanking if their class get the chance, and some people change mains, even if there is no new class, so i doubt the impact would be significant in either case...

tbh, i had idea how to basicaly reduce the number of specs while making more options (in short, 2 specs per class, 2 "subspecs" per spec) which would make possible all classes to have either tank and spec, bcs i think the more options the better, but i still doubt it would have significant impact

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's a new healer with a high barrier to entry. Most people sticking to their mains aren't gaining access to a new heal spec that might entice them to try out healing. If Rogue or Mage had gotten a heal spec then there would be a much bigger increase in healers as the barrier of entry would be lower, since people wouldn't have to walk away from their mains that they have an emotional investment in and prefer.

- - - Updated - - -

Could do flex mode dungeons where you can have a party between 4 and 6 players.
    Not to mention MANY of the people that will play it are already a healing class so they wont be adding to the healer pool.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    there is a shortage because the community bashes healers/tanks on every single mistake they make.

Plus you just need to do so much more work in m+ for example as a tank. Why would I tank in pugs where I have to memorize 10 m+ routes and understand every single mob when I can just dps and interrupt the important casts?
    This pretty much sums it up. My main is tank, but I absolutely hate M+. It's more stress than I want to have playing a game. I simply don't care to put in the work to learn routes and different routes based on affixes, only to have a pug scream at me for an error. I'd rather just tank raids with my guild

The issue is, with the way the game was going the last couple years, is if you want to raid you almost have to do M+ just to get gear to actually run the raids. Shadowlands especially since gear was so hard to come by in the first two tiers. So, just to make my GL I'd usually tank one 15 a week just to get something in my GV. And I'd usually dread that night. :P Though I haven't done one M+ this season. lol

Pugs expect tanks to take leadership roles in dungeons and expect healers to keep them alive through stupidity. As soon as tanks and healers know enough people to form their own groups they'll just disappear from pugs. In addition DPS players cry like no tomorrow when tanks and healers occasionally receives tools/buffs that make them competitive on damage.

Of course very few people is going to want to tank/heal for random selfish players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Do actually more than 5% of the players play mythic+ above 10? I mean.. sure, we can talk about minority problems, but that is not what the devs really should be concerned about. I mean, if they really were interested to design a successfull game.

I am amazed how much the devs focus on a small group of players if the vast majority of their players flees after 60 days of playtime.

I think that is part of the fact they are simply incompetent. Incompetent in adressing the life blood of their game and focusing on gameplay they prefer themself. Being absolutely blind for what the players really would like and what their concerns are and being elitist and catering to the top only.

It doesnt matter the slightest if mythic+15 tanks "get abused". It should be about the question if the gameplay on normal everyday skill levels work. No matter if the devs have long forgotten what normal players would like rather than the few they are part of themself.
    you don't need to use Method Dungeon tools or whatever to complete a 15 but people expect you to do that and yell at you when you deviate even slightly from this. People's excessive reliance on FoTM comps, playstyles, and certain popular addons further push people who actually bear the responsibility to want to pug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post

you don't need to use Method Dungeon tools or whatever to complete a 15 but people expect you to do that and yell at you when you deviate even slightly from this. People's excessive reliance on FoTM comps, playstyles, and certain popular addons further push people who actually bear the responsibility to want to pug.
    Fundamentally untrue. I pugged from 0 rating to the mount in season 3. I did not have MDI installed. Once you get past +10, they get easier because you filter out the bottom feeders that cant do mechanics. As long as you can pull your weight, you can get into groups. I was a DPS and the longest i waited to get into a group was 20 minutes on a bad week (necrotic). I had 3 dungeons fail prior to +10, and 0 dungeons fail post +15. I ran with all types of healers and tanks, and according to my RaiderIO recap, there were only two specs i didnt group with (Feral and Spriest). I made my own groups strictly pugging and using my own keys in LFD for probably 90% of the runs. Make your own group and invite the specs you want to invite. If you dont want to run FOTM, dont run it. Its very simple.
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2022-10-05 at 07:31 PM.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by niner View Post
    I've been a long time WoW player until about 1.5 years ago. How does the new expansion, Dragonflight, solve the shortage of tanks and healers problems?

Also I know Mythic+ is a popular feature, but I absolutely hate it because it's so difficult to get tanks for a group. Is Mythic+ in DF the same as before? This also leads to the issue of tanks and healers shortage.
    So roll a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's a new healer with a high barrier to entry. Most people sticking to their mains aren't gaining access to a new heal spec that might entice them to try out healing. If Rogue or Mage had gotten a heal spec then there would be a much bigger increase in healers as the barrier of entry would be lower, since people wouldn't have to walk away from their mains that they have an emotional investment in and prefer.

- - - Updated - - -

Could do flex mode dungeons where you can have a party between 4 and 6 players.
    You mean you don't swap your main every xpac or several times an xpac depending on what sounds fun to you at the time?

Easy.

Encourage People to Play with Others, make mobs require actual Coordination like OG Vanilla times. As longest any even non Tanks can solo anything outside a Dungeon, there is 0 need for any Tank or Healers in General. It is a Problem with lack of systems in Retail that dosen't encourage any team work what so ever and no need for a specific role.

Also the Problem with ''Everyone is only there for their own gain. Nothing else'' Has caused people to become impatient af when it comes to having tanks and healers be new or similar to tanking, healing. You can also blame that on the Design of How Blizzard has no good encouraging systems for Team Play in Retail since forever.

It is the Design of the Game Blizz has done. Idgaf about the usual arguments people come up with against this, i have experienced this for over a decade and it has not changed once!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    You mean you don't swap your main every xpac or several times an xpac depending on what sounds fun to you at the time?
    Im in this comment and feel attacked LOL.

Literally have not decided on what i will main yet for DF....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a long time WoW player until about 1.5 years ago. How does the new expansion, Dragonflight, solve the shortage of tanks and healers problems?
    Technically the new class is DPS/Healer hybrid. So if you're able to, one could run as healing evoker to get faster/better access? Granted you also have to heal which some people don't like to do.

Also I know Mythic+ is a popular feature, but I absolutely hate it because it's so difficult to get tanks for a group.
    Well to be fair, tanking is a higher burden overall in a dungeon. Not only do they set the "pace" but they usually are expected to know the dungeon inside/out. Know the routes and strategies (even MDI level strats for keys that aren't MDI-worthy) which also creates a high barrier of entry for players.

The good news is that for Season 1 DF, tanks only need to learn 4 new dungeons instead of 8 since 4 of the 8 M+ dungeons are from previous expansions. It should make the learning curve a bit easier... Until player realize the issues of those older dungeons (i.e. Tyrannical Halls of Valor is stupidly punishing for Hyrja) which existed back then as well.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Also I know Mythic+ is a popular feature, but I absolutely hate it because it's so difficult to get tanks for a group. Is Mythic+ in DF the same as before? This also leads to the issue of tanks and healers shortage.
    The problem is not solveable by the game. The number of people playing DPS exclusively is just too high and that is mainly because they are too lazy to play a role that has more responsiblities and just wanna pew pew. On top of that the Tanks and Healers are being blamed when a key isn't timed. It is really no wonder that most Tanks and Healers run with their set groups and aren't pugging.

If you want to improve the situation play a Tank or Healer. Changing the groups to incorporate another dps would only lead to even more people going DPS to be lazy.

There are 2 roles in this game, dealing damage and mitigating damage.
    Tanks and healers do job 2 with a little of 1, job 1 only does job 1 mostly.

My ideal is making things more flexible and upping DPS utility to the point tanks are optional in basic content but optimal in progression content.

I don't mind tanking or healing but I like the competitive aspect of dpsing the most, it's fast paced and requires optimization. If I could heal without losing my competitive edge I would.
    It would be a great way for people to flex to the max too imo.

Before Shadowlands, I mained hunter, so I didn't really have an option for m+ besides keeping up to date with an alt. In Shadowlands, I'd play balance in raids. I was up to date and current, gear wise, on balance, but not on bear. I wanted to tank m+ on bear, but learning routes in +5s when you're super geared (but maybe missing key trinkets) is hard when pugs think of +5s as faceroll stuff to plow through. I ended up only bear tanking for guildies, and even then most of them preferred me on balance because it was a meta spec. I managed to pug KSM in s1 because I had a different schedule from my guildies and no regular group, but I just gave up after that.

I'd put some effort in for mount bags that meant I didn't spend money on raid consumables, and also had a chance at rare raid mounts, but that's about it.

One way to solve a healer shortage is making a new class that has a heal spec....which they did

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Before Shadowlands, I mained hunter, so I didn't really have an option for m+ besides keeping up to date with an alt. In Shadowlands, I'd play balance in raids. I was up to date and current, gear wise, on balance, but not on bear. I wanted to tank m+ on bear, but learning routes in +5s when you're super geared (but maybe missing key trinkets) is hard when pugs think of +5s as faceroll stuff to plow through. I ended up only bear tanking for guildies, and even then most of them preferred me on balance because it was a meta spec. I managed to pug KSM in s1 because I had a different schedule from my guildies and no regular group, but I just gave up after that.

I'd put some effort in for mount bags that meant I didn't spend money on raid consumables, and also had a chance at rare raid mounts, but that's about it.
    S1 of SL was pretty dogshit for PuG tanking because the seasonal affix was count % based. I like tanking but S1 felt a bit oppressive even after I'd memorized the meta routes because players would dogpile you if you went any direction that they felt was incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by doodle90 View Post
    One way to solve a healer shortage is making a new class that has a heal spec....which they did
    They have added three classes before, all of them had a tank spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

One of the WORST affixes for new tanks. If you failed to plan a route, low keys would go much slower and without the buff at the right time, high keys were just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by doodle90 View Post
    Unlikely. I will very likely main an Evoker Healer, but that isn't gonna make me pug. Just too many assholes out there to ever consider that an option. There might be more Healers avaible for a short time after launch, but then many of the new ones will experience the wonderful world of pugging in this game and then they will never again touch the Groupfinder.

Let's face it. Higher M+ and Heroic Raids upwards are simply not made to be pugged. They are made for a dedicated group of friends that work on them. They require a level of coordination that is just beyond the scope of almost all pug groups.

The best thing you can do if you are set to be a DPS and want to get into groups regularly, is joining a guild and show that you are really capable (not just in numbers, but also in terms of using all your utility), then people will want to play with you again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently by increasing the mythic+ vault to 18 instead of 15 lmao.

That'll get more tanks for sure!!!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Apparently by increasing the mythic+ vault to 18 instead of 15 lmao.

That'll get more tanks for sure!!!
    I mean maybe this will make it hard enough that some people just drop M+.

Remove the timers from mythic+. That will release the tension placed on everyone, especially tanks and healers. Affixes are fine, put in more mobs, bosses, harder pulls, tighter mechanics and whatever else to make it harder. For me as a healer the go go go mentality because all is on a timer is what puts me off the most. There is no time to communicate, learn and progress. All must be done in a single attempt or be kicked. Timers are a piss poor lazy way to make stuff harder.