Page 1 of 47
... LastLast

Unhappy Right now Dragonflight is the most boring expansion ever.

From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree. Seeing the example of the new tree of DKs that we have already been shown, I believe that every class will have many more options now and this is very cool.

Everything else, if possible, I won't even touch. Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for and new classes that came out of nowhere. Even cinematic was pretty weak compared to all the others.

The other expansions (at the same time Dragonflight is now) gave us much fatter previews. I'm hoping for something to appear on the horizon that will please a greater number of players in general.

And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

- The Tinker class.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).

Not all of the above wishes are mine. These are what I remember at the moment. There's so much more.

And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-06-27 at 07:20 PM.

its new content, it comes with rated soloque (Biggest feature for me)
    and it promises to start using old content in current tier (the m+ changes seems cool)
    add new raids, new dungeons, new zones.

I dont need a garbage azerite or conduit/covenant system to enjoy the game. I need stuff to do that isn't running the same 8 dungeons for 2½ years. While trying to math out the correct way to utilize garbage like domination sockets, azerite or renown levels.

If they keep the game as open as 9.2 is, it'll be a blast. (although i bet they'll limit valor/conquest with a weekly cap again, man that sucks)

Set bonuses alone will probably not be enough of a powerspike to really set specs apart from eachother.
    I'm slightly worried they wont add something like legendary items, but it remains to be seen what their crafting changes are going to be.

Was excited at announcement but the silence and lack of new info has ruined the hype for me now.

I expect a cut-down expansion, which releases before any player feedback from alpha/beta has had its chance to come through.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Ehh. I'll play it; but right now we don't know much about it at all. There's no alpha leaks, now "new news". Everything is a black box. Hard to get HYPE when there's nothing coming out of Blizzard right now.

But I'm happy abom limb is staying with the DK tree. I'm excited for getting standardized PvP gearing.

I'd like to know more about the setting and story and how the factions are going to find common ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    which releases before any player feedback from alpha/beta has had its chance to come through.
    I hope this is the case, it would be nice to play a game on launch that isn't solved a 100 ways already.

They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.

Bring back proper servers with no cross-realm/phasing shenanigans please.

They have fallen a long way since Legion. This is not even an expansion, its more of a patch.

Outside of a new class and new zones / raids.

Dragonriding? lame AF
    New talent system = Just old system brought back.
    Profession updates = should of been done a LONG TIME AGO. profession have been mostly horrible for several years.
    Lack of new dungeons have them rotating M+ with old dungeons.

Gonna be a shit show!

Yes, I'm excited. Because it's new content with new lands to explore, new enemies to fight, new things to experience giving fresh new reasons to log in that aren't seemingly focused on the unending end game grind.

Whether it holds my interest once I level to cap is irrelevant to me, for now. That fresh new experience is at least worth the box price, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    What did you like about Dragonflight?
    Seriously? lmao...

In related topics, please check out the forum posts "What did you think of the year 2024?", and "How did you feel the day you died?", and also "What did you you think of the lunch you ate tomorrow?"

So far, Dragonflight ticks most of what I want from an expansion, and omits most what I DON'T want from an expansion, so I am expecting to at least not dread logging into the game for anything other than raiding. As long as they don't tack on an expansion-long, mandatory progression system that actively punishes you for logging on to any character other than your main, then I'll be content.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest: I just want a good game. I want a decent story, I want fun gameplay, I want simple and rewarding progression that is accessible for the average player but rewarding for the most skilled.

That hasn't been a thing since Legion.

I hate their gimmicks, I don't care about a billion new classes, I don't give a damn about talent trees because I'm going to use a guide, and I don't like...literally any new convoluted system they introduced. Outside of cosmetics and a few 'powers', they're garbage. Every single one is an overall failure in implementation and longevity. They feel tacked on because the devs believed they needed something besides the game for it to be "good". Then they let the base game play like crap with poor content management. The entire token and currency system in Shadowlands is like some gacha game system from hell.

The expansion can have a basic story. As long as the story is coherent, the classes are fun and rewarding to play, the visuals are good, and the raids/pvp/dungeons are enjoyable--I DO NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE. I want to have FUN. Fun is not convoluted broken systems to mask broken classes they don't want to fix. Fun is not complexity, good is not throwing everything at the wall until it's shiny. Dragonflight might look really boring, but if an unflashy game is at its core well-made I will take that over anything SLs/BFA inspired.

And yes, I know fun/good are objective but my point is ultimately - give me a good version of what is actually feasible. I am not impressed by the bells anymore. I want actual consistent quality. They stretched themselves too thin trying to do too much and not delivering on most of it.

Big Dragons fight scary dudes, scary dudes lost, we can ride dragons. COOL. Just do that. JUST DO THAT GOOD. That's all I need from the game. The bar is admittedly in hell, but that's where we're at.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want a less grindy game that you can play in your own pace without FOMO or falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Seriously? lmao...
    In related topics, please check out the forum posts "What did you think of the year 2024?", and "How did you feel the day you died?", and also "What did you you think of the lunch you ate tomorrow?"

I make it clear in the post that the question obviously refers to what has been shown so far, but I will edit this sentence so others don't make the same mistake.

New raids, as always, rest is irrelevant, i just hope they keep their word, and if they add any sort of covenant system or the reputations, they will actually be account wide, so i wont feed punished for wanting to play an alt early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    I hope this is the case, it would be nice to play a game on launch that isn't solved a 100 ways already.
    I always wonder about this. Is it so difficult to just refuse to watch any spoilers for a game you might be excited for? It's just not a problem I've ever had. I came in late in 9.0 patch and didn't know really anything about the xpac and just learned by playing. I still know next to nothing about Elden Ring since I haven't had a good chance to sit down and play it and it's been out for months with some of the streamers I like watching playing nothing but Elden Ring for months.

Is it really so hard for people to change their viewing habits or control themselves? I don't really care if someone else uses the game guide crafted by 100 dataminers on what the best theorycrafted course of questing is. I play games how I want to play them, when I want help I seek out help, when someone else seeks help from me I try to help. I don't really worry about how other people play or what they discovered.

As far as OP goes, I'm not overly excited. I'm not really an excitable guy to begin with. I'll probably play it because I lead a guild of people who like playing, exploring, and making fun of this game together. As far as the other ideas: Tinker sounds fucking boring and lame. Ranged DH is whatever and not really thematically fitting. Dark Ranger is just a skin, get over it. Class hall might be cool but I don't expect them to ever spend the dev time on it. Unlink PvP and PvE is common sense, but too many snowflakes will cry about world pvp. I don't even get what you mean by "fly like it's BC"... is this just asking them to get rid of dumb achievements to "earn" flying and just make it 1000g on a vendor?

You forgot a big one, player housing/guild halls.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just want a less grindy game that you can play in your own pace without FOMO or falling behind.
    if you suffer from FOMO you should take a break, its a sign of poor mental health. And if you want a game you can't fall behind in you should look into games that don't have character progression aka not rpgs

This is just a guess obviously as no one knows but I think they’ve been silent because they legit don’t have anything to show us. We saw what it’s going to offer. New talents new class new race new zones etc. I mean they could just give us the class ability list or all the talent trees if they want but that doesn’t really seem like it will make too much hype.

We probably just won’t see anything till beta. Which is where me personally I will see if they have some BS system that wastes your time or not. If there isn’t and it is just a chill expansion then I might buy it. If it’s the same shit the last two were then I’ll play wotlk and that’s it.

This expansion feels very light but I just hope they undo most of their fuck-ups that started with Legion. No more unnecesary grinds, locking catch-up mechanics, mandatory content etc and with a much better content pacing that SL lacked. At this point I gave up on the story getting any better.

Its a minor half a filler expansion, but that is not actually a diss on DF. This kind of expansion can be used to finally make proper talent trees and class polish, making 11.0 what can bring back players to MOP levels.

New class is the most exciting thing. Talents? Meh, will end up just like every other talent system. It will be fun at first discovering it, but it's shortlived.
    Error 404 - Signature not found