Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I need more macro space

what addon would do that? 18 slots is nuts too little with dual talent.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would very much like to know as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's 36, right? 18 shared and 18 character?

What're you using so many macros for, anyhow?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/keymacros
    As much macros as keys in your keyboard (or mouse).

this thread smells like a plant to push spyros latest thread/addon
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post

Maybe they're one of those people that likes to /say a line of text with each spell they use?

You can have more shared than just 18, but yeah character specific ones are only limited to 18 and that sucks a lot.
    They might be using a lot of macros if they are a healer (mouseover macros for example) and as they already said, having 2 specs.

I used to fill up these as a druid back in classic and I am having this issue as a monk on retail too who plays all 3 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    what addon would do that? 18 slots is nuts too little with dual talent.
    What do you even use that many slots for?

I just have a cast sequense and a mount random macro

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you need more than 18 macros for?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    What do you need more than 18 macros for?
    I have well over 18 as an Enhance/Resto Shaman. Mouseovers for all healing spells, cleanse, purge, hex and wind shear. /startattack to all melee abilities and flame shock, pet control macros for Spirit Wolves including /petpassive and one for all of its 3 abilities (Bash, Sprint and Taunt) plus a few for Engineering gadgets. I have the character specific ones filled and a couple general ones for Mounts, Food, Healthstones etc. I even have an /inspect macro bound to F4 for whatever reason.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I have well over 18 as an Enhance/Resto Shaman. Mouseovers for all healing spells, cleanse, purge, hex and wind shear. /startattack to all melee abilities and flame shock, pet control macros for Spirit Wolves including /petpassive and one for all of its 3 abilities (Bash, Sprint and Taunt) plus a few for Engineering gadgets. I have the character specific ones filled and a couple general ones for Mounts, Food, Healthstones etc. I even have an /inspect macro bound to F4 for whatever reason.
    Seems like you could just keybind a lot of those actions and just not need to use a macro. For mouseover/click-healing, just use an addon like Vuhdo or something.

Seems like you could just keybind a lot of those actions and just not need to use a macro. For mouseover/click-healing, just use an addon like Vuhdo or something.
    You shouldn't need an addon for something that's literally already built into the game, easier to use and less prone to error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    You shouldn't need an addon for something that's literally already built into the game, easier to use and less prone to error.
    and yet here we are asking for addons for Macro Space

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    this thread smells like a plant to push spyros latest thread/addon
    It's a very common complain, there are a bazillion posts (on here/official forums/reddit/etc) of folks saying they need more macros/longer macros, the same request over and over and over for years.

Not a fan of any of those addons, macros work way better. Either way, those macros can just go in the shared macros (which is like 60?) and you're fine. I've got literally all spells I can cast on friendlies macroed and I still have a lot of space.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and yet here we are asking for addons for Macro Space
    Pretty sure it wasn't the guy you're responding to asking for that but I know you just like to be contrarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Pretty sure it wasn't the guy you're responding to asking for that but I know you just like to be contrarian.
    I am not contrarian, you are.

/s

#TeamFuckEverything

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    I mean... yeah, you should? WoW has been designed with the expectation that players will write and use addons to add functionality that the base game UI does not possess. It's why the base UI is so barebones and hasn't had much of any major changes to it for over a decade. Them finally deciding to put XIV-style stock UI customization into Dragonflight is probably a response to XIV suddenly being actual competition to WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not a fan of any of those addons, macros work way better. Either way, those macros can just go in the shared macros (which is like 60?) and you're fine. I've got literally all spells I can cast on friendlies macroed and I still have a lot of space.

Idk, click-healing and click-dispelling is way better than relying on 15 different macros and keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    What do you even use that many slots for?

I just have a cast sequense and a mount random macro
    Even the mount random isn't necessary any more; you can favorite the mounts in your journal and just use the Random Favorite button that already exists in game as well.

For people that don't like/trust addons I could see the appeal to having more, or possibly for RP purposes, but between the character specific and shared options you really should have enough. If you're trying to use every single ability in a macro you're probably doing something wrong; most pet commands and things like that generally have keybinds of their own you could use or rebind, etc.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Even the mount random isn't necessary any more; you can favorite the mounts in your journal and just use the Random Favorite button that already exists in game as well.

For people that don't like/trust addons I could see the appeal to having more, or possibly for RP purposes, but between the character specific and shared options you really should have enough. If you're trying to use every single ability in a macro you're probably doing something wrong; most pet commands and things like that generally have keybinds of their own you could use or rebind, etc.
    What mount journal? As far as I'm aware, there's no method to mark mounts as a favorite, and there's no favorite mount button.

What mount journal? As far as I'm aware, there's no method to mark mounts as a favorite, and there's no favorite mount button.
    They're confusing classic with retail.

As someone who despises add-ons, or at least personally using them, macros provide much more flexibility, most people praising add-ons wouldn't fathom and simply want an easy/fast solution. That being said while I would love more character slots, between them and shared slots I find I have plenty (usually) but that could change with more characters.
    Last edited by Sparklelord; 2022-10-06 at 08:26 PM.