Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    This seems like pretty hardcore overkill nersf on Boomkin
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...KvYhN#fight=10

Not in the least

10+ Year Old Account
    So now Ret is going to be complete shit in addition to playing like shit? That is annoying, cause I think most of us who like Ret would be willing to accept playing like shit if we could at least put out good numbers. But...bringing nothing in terms of damage on top of the spec playing like garbage?

Though the Boomkin nerfs are clearly deserved, doing 1.8x the damage of the next highest spec would turn raiding and M+ into "Bring boomkins and nothing else" for dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    So now Ret is going to be complete shit in addition to playing like shit? That is annoying, cause I think most of us who like Ret would be willing to accept playing like shit if we could at least put out good numbers. But...bringing nothing in terms of damage on top of the spec playing like garbage?

Though the Boomkin nerfs are clearly deserved, doing 1.8x the damage of the next highest spec would turn raiding and M+ into "Bring boomkins and nothing else" for dps.
    Good lord. Do ppl even look at things before acting like the sky is falling. Yes, Boomkins are doing crazy amounts of damage and should be nerfed, but DH, Ret, Demo, and Outlaw are still roughly 6-10k ahead of the middle of the pack.

BFA yes

So in your first comment you said always and then in your reply you mention BFA repeatedly which isn’t “always”. Locks have been dominate for a while in Shadowlands. You can look at all of the best mythic+ runs this season and last season and locks and hunters are everywhere.

Watching MDI that was showing a cut screen with four of the best groups in the world all of them had locks and hunters.

Looking at Legion they’re all over all of the best keys timed for pretty much every legion season. Same for BFA season 1 then they dropped off for a few seasons. Locks were also gods in PvP in BFA and continue to be super strong in Shadowlands PvP.

No one feels bad for locks or hunters. They have been so dominate for a while now that a handful of bad raid tiers from previous xpacs don’t make up for that.

On top of all of this locks bring gateways, healthstones, summons and soul stones. They’re getting invites regardless.
    Last edited by Boshi; 2022-10-08 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Good lord. Do ppl even look at things before acting like the sky is falling. Yes, Boomkins are doing crazy amounts of damage and should be nerfed, but DH, Ret, Demo, and Outlaw are still roughly 6-10k ahead of the middle of the pack.
    "Hey, someone did 15% more damage than the the median, start chopping 35% off their abilities. I'm sure the brown nosers will be out in force to defend it"

Quote Originally Posted by Boshi View Post
    If none of the Rogue specs feel fun this xpac im finally going to play another class. I have every class at 60 and I won’t hesitate.

I tried sub for the break the meta and it feels god awful to play. Assassination is a ton of work for little reward and I’m bored of Outlaw after years of being the dominant spec. I really believe they don’t care about Rogues any longer and the majority of the player base seems to hate on them no matter what.

If we want to have a good time we should just play evoker. They are guaranteed to be absurdly powerful.
    Outlaw hasn't been fun since they added roll the bones. I'm so sick of my damage being tied to RNG. I really hope they've balanced it for rogues who refuse to take it, but i know they havn't, it's obvious with this round of nerfs hitting the decent part of the tree.

I've played combat since vanilla, and i've watched the fun of the spec turn into just pure constant maintenance to do even basic shit. It's turned into doing nothing but rerolling dice to pray for the 5 buff so you can do real damage.

I'm not making a envoker to main, but i worry about saying my main because maybe blizzard will go ruin the fun i've found in the new trees there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dackstrus View Post
    It's turned into doing nothing but rerolling dice to pray for the 5 buff so you can do real damage.
    Have you checked Outlaw out lately? It's not a finisher anymore and it has a 45s cooldown. Do you use it and then afk for 45 seconds if you don't get 5 buff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    100%.

Warlock was gutter trash outside of a few fights in raids for the last 3 expansions. They had 1 patch in Legion, 7.1, that made one spec good for M+. The other two specs never got any attention. BFA, same thing, but only demo was viable in M+, all 3 were B tier for raids. Shadowlands, all 3 have ben garabe in M+ until season 4, where destro got a little buff and went crazy. But only demo was A+ tier in raids. Aff/Destro were B tier entire expansion.

Boomkins were mandatory for high keys and raids because of their insane ST burst prior to season 4, where they were nerfed to the ground. But in BFA they were strong the entire expansion, and same for Legion, maybe not the strongest spec, but better than warlock overall.
    Your evaluation of warlock in M+ is COMPLETELY incorrect. Destro was INSANE in season 3, and Demo was very very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beranin View Post
    Your evaluation of warlock in M+ is COMPLETELY incorrect. Destro was INSANE in season 3, and Demo was very very good.
    To add to this, Affliction was the best spec in castle, also super incorrect about your eval.

Master of puppets I'm pullin' your strings!

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    100%.

Warlock was gutter trash outside of a few fights in raids for the last 3 expansions. They had 1 patch in Legion, 7.1, that made one spec good for M+. The other two specs never got any attention. BFA, same thing, but only demo was viable in M+, all 3 were B tier for raids. Shadowlands, all 3 have ben garabe in M+ until season 4, where destro got a little buff and went crazy. But only demo was A+ tier in raids. Aff/Destro were B tier entire expansion.

Boomkins were mandatory for high keys and raids because of their insane ST burst prior to season 4, where they were nerfed to the ground. But in BFA they were strong the entire expansion, and same for Legion, maybe not the strongest spec, but better than warlock overall.
    https://twitter.com/Babylonius/statu...54169498382338

Warlock being literally the most consistently well tuned class in the game somehow equates to "gutter trash", while also being basically impossible to die on. What a take.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    "Hey, someone did 15% more damage than the the median, start chopping 35% off their abilities. I'm sure the brown nosers will be out in force to defend it"
    Might need to adjust your quotation marks there. Unless you’re trying to insinuate that I’m saying brown nosers will show up to defend Blizzard.

Also, pointing out peoples knee jerk reaction to nerfs that bring specs closer in line depending on the situation isn’t defending Blizzard.
    Some nerfs might end up being too much, and if they are then hopefully they will get adjusted again as buffs, but considering these specs were that far ahead of the median 35k that showed in the link I provided, it’s probably safe to say those nerfs are warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Might need to adjust your quotation marks there. Unless you’re trying to insinuate that I’m saying brown nosers will show up to defend Blizzard.

Also, pointing out peoples knee jerk reaction to nerfs that bring specs closer in line depending on the situation isn’t defending Blizzard.
    Some nerfs might end up being too much, and if they are then hopefully they will get adjusted again as buffs, but considering these specs were that far ahead of the median 35k that showed in the link I provided, it’s probably safe to say those nerfs are warranted.
    To be fair, in the logs you posted the 20%+ of ret's damage was divine storm -> it was a cleave/aoe situation.
    So how on earth is nerfing TV\FV by a whoooping 35% makes it better?

To be clear - as a ret I have no problems with damage tuning being a flat 7-10-15% nerf if needed, that would be fine. I just hate the way they do it. Really, TV weaker than DS?
    Last edited by Disen; 2022-10-08 at 10:33 AM.

I haven't played in 3 years, but I see nothing has changed.
    Blizzard still has no self awareness and idea how to balance their game.

Basically just play a Warlock, you'll always have a spec that's top dps. ALWAYS, never play a melee because Blizzard loves to nerf them. Is Havoc DH top dps in Mythic+? nerf it for everything. Is Rogue owning people in random battlegrounds? nerf it for everything. Is Warlock wrecking everyone in everything? That's ok.

Play a warlock people

That's a big bat they used today.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I haven't played in 3 years, but I see nothing has changed.
    Blizzard still has no self awareness and idea how to balance their game.

Basically just play a Warlock, you'll always have a spec that's top dps. ALWAYS, never play a melee because Blizzard loves to nerf them. Is Havoc DH top dps in Mythic+? nerf it for everything. Is Rogue owning people in random battlegrounds? nerf it for everything. Is Warlock wrecking everyone in everything? That's ok.

Play a warlock people
    Would you prefer if all classes just did the same exact damage in every scenario and instead of arguing about how OP Warlocks are we just bickered endlessly about the coolness of which color each classes has on the damage meters?

Anyone who did M+ in beta seen this coming from miles away. And more will come

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf.
    Rogue needed it. Assassination was silly overpowered in burst.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
    Correct, and i just checked, its true, on my premade 70 ptr pally 22k FV vs 23,7k DS, i guess thats the next badly needed nerf to come....
    Nice and "unpublished" change to DS now as well, after the TV/FV nerf as mentioned before, 22k FV, 23,7k DS... just logged in and DS is hitting for 15,4k now... thats an undocumented 35% nerf to DS as well...
    But hey, we get a 2/4 Set Bonus now, that gives us almost half of the nerfed dmg back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks at Rogue nerfs *look what the did to muh boy*