Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I just wish the multibillionaire company could have made a whole different set of animations for the Vestige form so that we could just fight in Vestige form and be done with it.
    Its an unoriginal and from what I've read a fairly popular opinion but I'd be way more satisfied if they had just let me choose my vestige. Especially since they've made such a big deal about vestige day in lore and how much it defines your identity.

Instead they pigeonholed all the evokers into looking like slightly different recolors of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Its an unoriginal and from what I've read a fairly popular opinion but I'd be way more satisfied if they had just let me choose my vestige. Especially since they've made such a big deal about vestige day in lore and how much it defines your identity.

Instead they pigeonholed all the evokers into looking like slightly different recolors of each other.
    Lorewise, the most famous dragons in the setting, the Dragon Aspects, are all wearing Human/elf Visages.

Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos, and Nozdormu wore elf visage.

Neltharion/Deathwing and Kalecgos wore human visage.

Even their offspring made this choice. Merithra wears elf visage, Wrathion, Nefarian, and Onyxia wore human visage.

It makes sense that Blizzard would limit the Visage form to humans and elves (however, you'll see no disagreement from me that Night elves should also have been included, seeing how Ysera and her brood chose Night elves as their Visage forms).

And sure, there are minor NPCs who chose a dwarf and even a vulpera as Visage, but these cases are too rare and don't warrant making special customizations for these races (we see that the Vistage customization is very extended and elaborate, it would be too much work to give the other dozens of races the same focus and attention that went into the Visage elf male and Visage human female).

You will also find no disagreement with me that there should be a Visage elf female and Visage human male (I'm actually surprised they went with the male BELF model and not the female one, since it's probably the most popular and loved model in the game).

The point I was making is a different one, I don't understand why they couldn't just give the option to use Visage in combat. Is it really that much effort for a multi-billionaire company to just make a couple of animations for the elf/human model where they fly around or get ready to breathe?

We're not talking about making these extensive customization options with hairstyles, jewelry, scales, etc. for orcs, trolls, draenei, and so on. We're talking about something much more manageable, which is just to make special animations for humans and elves models for those few abilities in which the Dracthyr uses their wings/prepares to breathe fire.

And btw, it's not like the Dracthyr have that many abilities in which they fly around/use fire breath. The basic spells of the DPS spec are literally just a random fireball and random frost blast that human and elf mages can do too; so Blizzard wouldn't have to create new animations, just let them use their existing cast animations.

Humans and belves models should already have breathe animations for some of the Essence and Empowered spells too (they could reuse the breathe animations from the BM monk).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-12-22 at 06:01 PM.

Lorewise, the most famous dragons in the setting, the Dragon Aspects, are all wearing Human/elf Visages.

Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos, and Nozdormu wore elf visage.

Neltharion/Deathwing and Kalecgos wore human visage.

Even their offspring made this choice. Merithra wears elf visage, Wrathion, Nefarian, and Onyxia wore human visage.

It makes sense that Blizzard would limit the Visage form to humans and elves (however, you'll see no disagreement from me that Night elves should also have been included, seeing how Ysera and her brood chose Night elves as their Visage forms).
    It still is a contrast to what we see in the game. Chromie is probably the most well known Bronze Dragon after all the promo material and game crossovers with her, and she's a gnome. Ebyssian is a Tauren, and he's quite prominent in current story. That weird fucking dwarf-dragon who's sittin on his ass and contemplating in Waking Shore is a dwarf. Pretty much every player who paid any attention to lore might be rightfully suprised by the fact that his dragonkin can't be anything other than a weird fairy monster in his visage form.

Eh, this whole race and class is such a combination of extremly weird decisions. One forced malnourished lizard form between both genders and fairy form in visage, only 2 specs (neither is melee, despite you playing a damn dragon), no ability for Dracthyr to be anything other than Evoker, range issues, suprisinly funky color palette for their VFX. Dragonflight's great for now, but Dracthyr feels like a creation of a separate team.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    It still is a contrast to what we see in the game. Chromie is probably the most well known Bronze Dragon after all the promo material and game crossovers with her, and she's a gnome. Ebyssian is a Tauren, and he's quite prominent in current story. That weird fucking dwarf-dragon who's sittin on his ass and contemplating in Waking Shore is a dwarf. Pretty much every player who paid any attention to lore might be rightfully suprised by the fact that his dragonkin can't be anything other than a weird fairy monster in his visage form.

Eh, this whole race and class is such a combination of extremly weird decisions. One forced malnourished lizard form between both genders and fairy form in visage, only 2 specs (neither is melee, despite you playing a damn dragon), no ability for Dracthyr to be anything other than Evoker, range issues, suprisinly funky color palette for their VFX. Dragonflight's great for now, but Dracthyr feels like a creation of a separate team.
    Have you seen how many customization options the male and female Visage forms have? I was actually blown away by all the different hairstyles and pieces of jewelry that we can choose from.

If Blizzard made Visage forms for all races, the result is that every visage form would have half-assed and limited options.

Blizzard had two choices: make Visage forms for only a select few models, but with very intricate and elaborate customizations. Or make Visage form for all models, but then half-ass the customization (because obviously you can't expect 20+ models to have the same amount of customization complexity that the current two Visage models have). Blizzard chose the former.

Have you seen how many customization options the male and female Visage forms have? I was actually blown away by all the different hairstyles and pieces of jewelry that we can choose from.

If Blizzard made Visage forms for all races, the result is that every visage form would have half-assed and limited options.

Blizzard had two choices: make Visage forms for only a select few models, but with very intricate and elaborate customizations. Or make Visage form for all models, but then half-ass the customization (because obviously you can't expect 20+ models to have the same amount of customization complexity that the current two Visage models have). Blizzard chose the former.
    Well, in my opinion then they chose the easy way out. Popping up 50 variants of the same spikes in slightly different patterns is a number, I guess, not much more beyond that. And immediately falls on its face the moment you see that that huge variety in that came at an expense of actually displaying all armor on your character, or having varied racial options.

I know other races have less customization that Dracthyr, but so what, Blizz is still playing catchup to modern games when it comes to character creation, and Dractyr's customization options don't really allow it to play to anyones tastes. Can't make it either bulkier or more feminine, faces look all the same, wings (which are pretty much 50% of their whole body mass) are the same across all of them. Their current customization feels weaker than Mag'har orcs, for instance, as those can be customized to represent 4 culturally and visually different clans, with way lower amount of "options" that Dracs have.

Well, in my opinion then they chose the easy way out. Popping up 50 variants of the same spikes in slightly different patterns is a number, I guess, not much more beyond that. And immediately falls on its face the moment you see that that huge variety in that came at an expense of actually displaying all armor on your character, or having varied racial options.

I know other races have less customization that Dracthyr, but so what, Blizz is still playing catchup to modern games when it comes to character creation, and Dractyr's customization options don't really allow it to play to anyones tastes. Can't make it either bulkier or more feminine, faces look all the same, wings (which are pretty much 50% of their whole body mass) are the same across all of them. Their current customization feels weaker than Mag'har orcs, for instance, as those can be customized to represent 4 culturally and visually different clans, with way lower amount of "options" that Dracs have.
    I'm talking about the Human/belf Visage forms. I agree that the Dracthyr form looks derpy and bad, but the Human/belf Visage forms have the most complex and elaborated customization options in the game (just look at how intricate and well-designed their hairstyles are).

Which is why I wish we could just fight in Visage form and be done with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about the Human/belf Visage forms. I agree that the Dracthyr form looks derpy and bad, but the Human/belf Visage forms have the most complex and elaborated customization options in the game (just look at how intricate and well-designed their hairstyles are).

I quickly leveled one to lvl 70, but I can only stand the healer spec that can stay most of the time in visage form.

What I like about wow is that there were few options to do before creating a character, it is growing to become a game with too much costumizations.

Honestly my issues apply to both. Visage form is the same fairy-ass looking person who you can customize by either adding more dragon-related clutter to it or lessening its impact. And the dragonkin features are too light to make a guy look like an actual half-dragon, it's just tattoos and Demon Hunter horns.

Similar to dragon form, I can't really see you designing distinct "styles", even related to the aspects (visual customization to make you look like a member of blue dragonflight like their distinct hoods and tattoos, or black one with the stuff Deathwing had on his face and fiery eyes). It's same taste across all, slightly scaly blood elf with either more or less jewelery, like you're a russian tourist or something.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I wish that if we couldn’t get to use transmog in Dracthyr form that we could just fight in visage form all the time. At most they should have us shift into Dracthyr form for specific abilities like Deep Breath & shift out when the animation finishes, if we’re using chosen identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

The easy way out literally would have been just given them every race but with a set of horns on their head as an option for all the not-already horned races.
    this was the harder way, but a way that made even the visage form unique, instead of "oh hey its a dwarf... but with horns!"

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Some of the Dracthyr concept art.
    Still think that blizzard was just short on time when it comes to the Dracthyr. Especially given the art that has them in a robe/more armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post

Some of the Dracthyr concept art.
    Still think that blizzard was just short on time when it comes to the Dracthyr. Especially given the art that has them in a robe/more armor.

The clothes in the second concept art look way better than anything the Dracthyr currently possess in their customization pool.

You can design them to not be offensively bad, but they're not good. At least if you want to be a manly man dragon. Blizzard is infested with shitty feminist types who berates men for being men, while screaming misogyny for any single critique of themselves. Hypocrite fucks.

The woke team.. they are referred to as "them" - not he/she. and it has all the weirdness that accompanies what is going on atm. But they are not for everyone, I'm okay with this being there , what would be bad is if every race from now has this weird androgynous look to it - which would be pandering to an activist minority crowd that doesn't even play this game much... that is how i'd view it.

As a one of, it's got it's appeal .. but it could have been a lot more inclusive with 2 body options or even 3 - one male, one female and one non-binary.. and it would definitley have been better with other classes to the race, as well as other races being able to be Evokers.

A huge problem of dracthyr and wow as whole is that there's no option for color change on transmog or at the very least color unification. Tried a bit and it's a fucking pain to find items that match the color of the drathyr armor. Items that match both dracthyr and visage? Good luck lol.
    Problem is that wow is still one of the most primitive when it comes to transmog. Eso and swtor shit on it from a very big distance.
    As far as the dracthyr themselves .. still waiting for the male draconid gender .. that would be fucking cool
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-12-26 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to give them a shot despite my prior complaints about them. Overall the design isn't as bad as I thought, but I think they could have tweaked the model further.

Personally I don't really care about how muscular they are. The things that stands out to me is mostly proportions and some other things. First their head is too small for the body, especially for some of thicker options. Their necks are also too vertical and should have a more forward curve to it. Lastly their limbs are too long compared to their trunk and makes them look like the artist is trying to sexy them up.

They're pretty lame. Very few transmog options. They're even further hampered by the fact that they can only be one class. They feel extremely unfinished. I think only Mechagnomes are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    They're pretty lame. Very few transmog options. They're even further hampered by the fact that they can only be one class. They feel extremely unfinished. I think only Mechagnomes are worse.
    Transmog is irrelevant, a dragon class is not supposed to be wearing full sets of armor since they dont need it and it would hamper mobility, the whole point in them is to wield the powers of the five dragonflights so no they shouldnt be able to be another class, both the specs play pretty good better than most classes.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Transmog is irrelevant, a dragon class is not supposed to be wearing full sets of armor since they dont need it and it would hamper mobility, the whole point in them is to wield the powers of the five dragonflights so no they shouldnt be able to be another class, both the specs play pretty good better than most classes.
    You obviously didn't pay attention to the starting zone. There are multiple dracthyr in the starting zone that are not evokers and instead have more martial roles not to mention the amount of npcs that place emphasis on how amazing it is that you are an evoker.