Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question So what 4th Alliance race could become a druid?

With Blizzard adding more race/class combinations, Druid could also use some balance.

Which Alliance race could be made into druids?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    With Blizzard adding more race/class combinations, Druid could also use some balance.

Worgen druid before being bitten is defacto human druid? So...

I like the idea of dwarf druids personally, with the Wildhammer inclusion of Cataclysm I think this could work pretty well. Though I think the most sensible one in terms of potential flavour, history, and class availability would definitely be Pandaren. Ox (Bear), Tiger (Cat), Crane (Moonkin), and Serpent (Travel) would be great. It would not solve the "imbalance" but I think opening up more options for druids is more important than having equal options on both factions.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disen View Post
    Worgen druid before being bitten is defacto human druid? So...
    Kul Tiran are also human.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    I like the idea of dwarf druids personally, with the Wildhammer inclusion of Cataclysm I think this could work pretty well. Though I think the most sensible one in terms of potential flavour, history, and class availability would definitely be Pandaren. Ox (Bear), Tiger (Cat), Crane (Moonkin), and Serpent (Travel) would be great. It would not solve the "imbalance" but I think opening up more options for druids is more important than having equal options on both factions.
    True! I noticed a reddit post about it as well!
    Dwarves do make sense!

I don't see them doing that tbh. If they went that way then Zandalari druids would not change into some reptilian cat and bear but rather into established dinosaur loa forms like Raptor (Gonk) or Triceratops (Torcalli). Wish they did but at best you'd get the tiger form but not the Ox one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't see them doing that tbh. If they went that way then Zandalari druids would not change into some reptilian cat and bear but rather into established dinosaur loa forms like Raptor (Gonk) or Triceratops (Torcalli). Wish they did but at best you'd get the tiger form but not the Ox one.
    You are probably right, though I think Zandalari counts in favour more than against since the bear form is an ankylodon rather than a bear (though they use the same skeleton) and moonkin is the chicken-dino-skeleton using the Arakkoa skeleton, I wouldn't think they turned into the actual models currently in game but new ones based on those concepts.

I think also a lot of people would complain that panda druids did not turn into actual pandas as well, which is fair really.

Nonetheless I think Pandaren druid is a likely new addition if they choose to add more druids to the game.

You are probably right, though I think Zandalari counts in favour more than against since the bear form is an ankylodon rather than a bear (though they use the same skeleton) and moonkin is the chicken-dino-skeleton using the Arakkoa skeleton, I wouldn't think they turned into the actual models currently in game but new ones based on those concepts.

I think also a lot of people would complain that panda druids did not turn into actual pandas as well, which is fair really.

Nonetheless I think Pandaren druid is a likely new addition if they choose to add more druids to the game.
    People would complain about it either way, but i think lorewise basing them on the August Celestials makes more sense. There isn't really anybody to teach them to turn into pandas and for that matter, outside the Pandaren, there aren't actually any (great) pandas either.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post

I think it would be hilarious if gnomes could become druids, every form is a baby version of the forms. Cub, Kitten, Hatchling, Baby Groot, etc.

Mechagnomes could be funny too if their forms were like Mech suits in the shape of the druid form. Made in a way you could see the Mechagnome inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is at least one Dwarf Druid in lore if I recall...

Aside from obl. human/dwarves - draenei will be good to see. They stand with Alliance too long to some of them answer the call of the wilds.
    Then - Void Elves, Blood Elves and Nightborne (same as Tel'Arn botanics)

So in order of most likely to least likely

Humans: 2 out of 3 human races are druids....kinda makes sense
    Dwarf: most in line with Nature
    Dark Iron Dwarves: if one gets it the other gets it
    Pandaran: kinda cheating but we got dogs that turn to a bear, a wolf that turns into a bear, why can't we have a BEAR that turns into a bear
    Dranaei: Proximity to Night Elves I can see them at least trying it but I feel their own dogma would prevent it
    Void Elves: leaving the blood elves behind could see a slight reintegration to kaldorei society and maybe a few learn druidism
    Gnomes: so outside of nature I kinda doubt it. Only this high because I'm sure someone at Blizz would suggest this for cub form
    Mechagnomes: kinda tied with gnomes cause even further from nature....but transformers
    Dractyr: I feel they will get them DOWN THE LINE but I think they are going to be just evoker for at least 2 expansions and making them Druids is probably way way down the line
    LightForged Dranaei: way WAY too devoted to their ways. I mean they are currently the only allied race that can't be a monk and my head cannon is they don't want to acknowledge any deity other than the Light and being a Monk means revering the August Celestials
    Last edited by Mysterymask; 2022-12-15 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Pandaran: kinda cheating but we got dogs that turn to a bear, a wolf that turns into a bear, why can't we have a BEAR that turns into a bear
    And a cow that turns into a cat. Pandaren should have been Druids from the start. I mean they worship the August Celestials who are Wild Gods.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    And a cow that turns into a cat. Pandaren should have been Druids from the start. I mean they worship the August Celestials who are Wild Gods.
    The forms kinda write themselves since they've shown with Zandalari they're willing to break from the mold a little, the only one I'm not sure about is balance form, maybe something based off a Pandaren phoenix? Or what that be too like uncorrupted Arrakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    The forms kinda write themselves since they've shown with Zandalari they're willing to break from the mold a little, the only one I'm not sure about is balance form, maybe something based off a Pandaren phoenix? Or what that be too like uncorrupted Arrakoa?
    Some kind of anthropic Crane?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

What if Blizzard does their whole job in one go,

and makes every race a druid?

I know, it sounds like crazy talk. Blizzard would say "That'd take a gazillion years, and an ounce of sweat!"

Druids have a connection to the Emerald Dream.

The Emerald Dream has a Void-corrupted area called Emerald Nightmare.

Void Elves could be Nightmare-Druids, with void-animal forms and Nightmare-coloured spells (dark red instead of green). This would look so amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, but I was thinking crane for travel form. I guess I need to put more thought it this than a post I made right before I want to bed lol

Nah, Jade Serpent based. Crane is healing focused, Serpent does the more offensive stuff. Don't base it on the Monk, they only used jade colour because the spells would look really weird in red.

Yeah, I feel like "Wildhammer" Dwarf would be the best option for the alliance specifically.

I would like Draenei Druids tho; I do feel that the Balance side specially fits their lore quite well.

blood elves can, so why not void elves? humans, I guess, could work, too.