Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A Bear-d?
    Exactly !

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Gnomes and Mechagnomes.

    Their shapeshifts are robots.
    This is what I'm waiting for actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I miss the time when everything was not homogenized..... I miss the restrictions that made sense. Meh, maybe I should just go away.
    The thing is it kinda get old. I know I crave novelty, especially when it comes with new totem or druid forms models !

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Are they seriouslly suggesting Void Elf druids? The whole point of Void Elves is that they're researchers who dove head first into shadow magic. That kinda removes any "But they were high elves" argument since yeah, they were, high elves who specifically rejected other stuff in favor of void.

    This isnt even going into how anathema void has constantly been shown to be in regards to nature magic.

    Simply put, none of the alliances race would fit to Druid well. Even Kul Tirans had to be kinda forced. At best you could have Dwarves with the implication being its all Wildhammer, or Pandaren even but that's of course neutral.
    Being a druid is really all about shapeshifting and creatures of the void have definitely been shapeshifting in the past already.

    This has been pretty much the case for druids since they, ironically, added Troll Druids (Dinomancers) to the game which have no connection to the "original" druids either. It's kind of the same situation with Zandalari Troll or Tauren Paladins, who have nothing to do with the original Paladins of the Silver Hand either.

    Not that I like this direction and logic tbh, but it's the direction Blizzard chose with classes.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2023-02-05 at 01:42 PM.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Gnomes and Mechagnomes.

    Their shapeshifts are robots.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I totally agree that it was better when class/race combos were locked and made sense, but at this point we already have quite a lot of ridiculous combos (which cannot be undone) and Blizzard said they want to eventually give all races all classes, so it is what it is.
    Yes, the restrictions made sense. Like no human hunters because bows are far beyond mankind. Or Gnome hunters for that matter. No Worgen Paladins because they certainly dont have wide spread light worship and definatly werent around at the founding of the Silverhand. No Tauren Rogues either just common sense stuff like giant loud angry Orc Rogues. Certainly no Dwarf Mages with their focus on research and exploration. Under no circumstances can we have Dwarf Warlocks either, they arent accepted by their people unlike the Humans who of course embrace fel magic so it makes sense they, and Gnomes, can be warlocks but no one else. I dont wanna see a Blood Elf Druid either unless its in a dungeon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Being a druid is really all about shapeshifting and creatures of the void have definitely been shapeshifting in the past already.

    This has been pretty much the case for druids since they, ironically, added Troll Druids (Dinomancers) to the game which have no connection to the "original" druids either. It's kind of the same situation with Zandalari Troll or Tauren Paladins, who have nothing to do with the original human-based Paladins either.
    No connection to the original druids? Right they just get their powers from animal spirits/gods like the other druids thats tottally the same as getting powers from shadow monsters.

    If you think theres no connection between the Zandalar/Trolls and "normal" druids, then you know nothing at all of the lore
    Last edited by Toppy; 2023-02-05 at 02:16 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ren'dorei Druid would make the most sense. We have already seen the Void interact with Life amply, in the form of Emerald Nightmare. Ren'dorei Druid can be a group of Ren'dorei who try to replicate the Nightmare's accomplishments.

    Cat form = Voidstalker

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidstalker

    Bear form = Void Hound

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Void_hound


    Balance form = Voidwraith

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidwraith

    Travel form = A version of the Starcursed Voidstrider without the saddle

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Starcursed_Voidstrider

    Flying form = Dark Phoenix (without the saddle)

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_phoenix?so=search

    Aquatic form = A smaller version of a kraken/leviathan feels like the most fitting, they are aquatic creatures of the Void that serve the Old God N'Zoth.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Writhing_Leviathan



    Void elves aren't Blood elves.

    Meanwhile, Kul Tiran Humans are literally Humans, yet they can be Shaman and Druid, while the OG Humans can't.

    Your argument has no basis at all.

    Following your logic, Void elves should get Paladin (which I agree with) because Blood elves have Paladin.
    Ew no. No more elf crap.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No connection to the original druids? Right they just get their powers from animal spirits/gods like the other druids thats tottally the same as getting powers from shadow monsters.

    If you think theres no connection between the Zandalar/Trolls and "normal" druids, then you know nothing at all of the lore
    This. They're almost entirely identical, the only difference is the Wild Gods they learn from.

    Thornspeakers, now that's a different story. They get it from a completely unrelated source, and it doesn't even work the same way. Their forms are made from what looks to be dead plants, bones and earth and only superficially look like animals.

  6. #86
    Dwarves or humans. Better yet. Dwarves and humans.
    Best yet, every race.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't see them doing that tbh. If they went that way then Zandalari druids would not change into some reptilian cat and bear but rather into established dinosaur loa forms like Raptor (Gonk) or Triceratops (Torcalli). Wish they did but at best you'd get the tiger form but not the Ox one.
    The precedent to change the moonkin form into something that doesnt look like a moonkin works, Zandalari did it. But Bear Form has to use Bear animations for the attacks... and we're literally talking about panda people. Ox can be the ground travel form, lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    Dwarves or humans. Better yet. Dwarves and humans.
    Best yet, every race.
    Mechagnome and Void Elf druids confuse but intrigue me.

    Gilnean and Kul Tiran druids already exist so Elwynn druids are a plausible next step. Lion cat form would be cool.

  8. #88
    The idea of Blood elf Druid always irritated me forever, but seeing as they are inevitable now, I'd say the void elves would make sense

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    The idea of Blood elf Druid always irritated me forever, but seeing as they are inevitable now, I'd say the void elves would make sense
    Blood Elves: Minorly fel corrupted arguably light purified race who gave into those magics out of need and have a history of communing with nature if even on a small scale.

    Void Elves: Majorly void corrupted race that ALL willingly gave themselves up to void magic in a strict denial of anything else.

    Void elves make as much sense as Forsaken for Druids. Just because they're pretty Elves doesn't change that.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  10. #90
    Stood in the Fire BB8's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    499
    My idea for new combo's:


    Death Knight:
    • None: Except for the Drakthyr, all other races can already be Death Knights
    Demon Hunter:
    • Orcs: Only the normal Orcs. For me Mag'har don't like fel
    • Dreanei: Only the normal Draenei. For me Lightforged don't use fel
    Druid:
    • Nightborne: Would like to see some mana bears and mana prowlers as shapeshifting
    • Humans: Gilnean and Kul Tiran are kinda humans too and they can be druids
    • Drakthyr: They can already polymorph and have a connection with the Emerald Dream like druids. Some dragonlike shapeshifting is easy to create
    Evoker:
    • ?? This one is a bit difficult since no other mortal race is harnessing dragon power. It could be elves (all races) and humans. But why only them? So I leave this open
    Hunter:
    • None: Except for the Drakthyr, all other races can already be Hunters. I don't see Drakthyr as hunters
    Mage:
    • Drakthyr: They are already kinda mages, I am sure they can learn the arcane arts
    Monk:
    • 10.0.7: In the 10.0.7 content update, the Monk class will be available to the goblin, Lightforged draenei, and worgen races
    Paladin:
    • Forsaken: Could be nice to see fallen paladins. They can be priests, so why not paladins
    • Void Elves: Shadow paladins could be a fantasy. Why not
    Priest:
    • None: Except for the Drakthyr, all other races can already be Death Knights
    Rogue:
    • None: Except the Drakthyr all other races can already be Death Knights
    Shaman:
    • Drakthyr: They harness elemental power and though they are not like the incarnates I can see them use elemental power with ease
    • Worgen: I see them a bit more primitive and shaman fits their appearnce
    Warrior:
    • Drakthyr: They look like a warrior race already for me
    Warlock:
    • Kul Tiran: I could see them using chaos and fel
    Last edited by BB8; 2023-02-05 at 07:33 PM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Are they seriouslly suggesting Void Elf druids? The whole point of Void Elves is that they're researchers who dove head first into shadow magic. That kinda removes any "But they were high elves" argument since yeah, they were, high elves who specifically rejected other stuff in favor of void.

    This isnt even going into how anathema void has constantly been shown to be in regards to nature magic.

    Simply put, none of the alliances race would fit to Druid well. Even Kul Tirans had to be kinda forced. At best you could have Dwarves with the implication being its all Wildhammer, or Pandaren even but that's of course neutral.
    Void elf druids could just be Nightmare druids, which would actually be really cool. Glowing red forms, like the Emerald Nightmare raid.

    You can really make any race fit every class. The barrier is not one of technical or story limitations, but a limitation of creativity. The only question is, can Blizzard meet the creative demands to make it work?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Blood Elves: Minorly fel corrupted arguably light purified race who gave into those magics out of need and have a history of communing with nature if even on a small scale.

    Void Elves: Majorly void corrupted race that ALL willingly gave themselves up to void magic in a strict denial of anything else.

    Void elves make as much sense as Forsaken for Druids. Just because they're pretty Elves doesn't change that.
    Your personal opinion also won't change the simple fact that Blizzard, as per their own admission, will allow all races to be all classes. Which means that Void elf Druids are inevitable.

    Beyond that, Void elves can already be Warlock and Death Knights, which means that they are more than willing to mix Void with other powers. The idea that Void elves would limit themselves to only the Void, when they are one of the most ambitious factions in the franchise, is easily disproven by the source material, in which Void elves use Void, but also Fel and Death.

    And Void elf Druid will allow players to have unique forms that are Nightmare/Void-oriented and have never been in player hands before.

    The idea that Void and Life cannot mix is easily disproven by the Chronicles, where it is shown that Life and Void are not opposites. We already see first-hand how the Life and Void interact in the form of the Emerald Nightmare, which is a plane of Life corrupted by the Void energies of the Old God Yogg-Saron (the creator of the Nightmare).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-05 at 11:21 PM.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Beyond that, Void elves can already be Warlock and Death Knights, which means that they are more than willing to mix Void with other powers. The idea that Void elves would limit themselves to only the Void, when they are one of the most ambitious factions in the franchise, is easily disproven by the source material, in which Void elves use Void, but also Fel and Death.
    Only problem with that is you forget that no one CHOOSES to be a Death Knight... you just kinda wake up as one one day

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Your personal opinion also won't change the simple fact that Blizzard, as per their own admission, will allow all races to be all classes. Which means that Void elf Druids are inevitable.
    Druids are the most likely class to be exempted from that simply because of cost. And you are wrong in that they did not say everybody will have everything, only that they want to reduce limitations. As usual for you.

  15. #95
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    6,426
    Gnomes ofc

    lil parrots boomkins


    Tankform, hedgehogs

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Only problem with that is you forget that no one CHOOSES to be a Death Knight... you just kinda wake up as one one day
    But everyone chooses to be a Warlock, a Void elf was not satisfied with using only the Void and decided to specialize in Fel as well, Void elves don't limit themselves to just Void and that's a fact.

    Even the Void elf Mage doesn't use just Void, but also uses Arcane magic, and that's another choice they made.

    Void elf Hunter already uses Life energy in some spells. The Void elves are one of the smartest races in the franchise and they constantly seek new powers and to sate their thirst for curiosity, they are driven by ambition; thus, an ambitious Void elf will try to specialize in Life energy and follow Xavius' research with the Nightmare (a parallel of the entire group originally following Dar'khan's research with the Void).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-06 at 10:42 AM.

  17. #97
    Gnomes

    They won't shift themselves, they'll just remotely control an animal.

    That, or become a sapling, chick, cub, or kitten.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Blood Elves: Minorly fel corrupted arguably light purified race who gave into those magics out of need and have a history of communing with nature if even on a small scale.

    Void Elves: Majorly void corrupted race that ALL willingly gave themselves up to void magic in a strict denial of anything else.

    Void elves make as much sense as Forsaken for Druids. Just because they're pretty Elves doesn't change that.
    They're both equally bad picks, but inevitably being added in. Wouldn't be surprised with BE druids are next... sad

  19. #99
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    6,426
    There has been belf dr00d npcs since TBC...

  20. #100
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    2,605
    There are plenty of classes that aren't really the class they are as far as lore is concerned. See Sunwalkers. They're not paladins....they're sunwalkers.

    In that same vein a void monster could easily be a "druid" without being a druid, even if we just decided that life energy is anathema to them just for giggles. It still wouldn't prevent a void elf druid existing as like, a nightmare-warden or <pick a name here>.

    I mean shit, Undead priests exist and the light physically harms them. So the excuses are there already, and if not, they can be created.

    What I would want most though is for those class fantasies to be expanded on. Change Sunwalker spells to use fire and the sun instead of the same light Silverhand paladins use. Change the void elf druid or gnome druid, or whatever druid abilities to reflect the lore for that race/class combination. NOT JUST in the unique forms druids always get, but in every facet of the class. (though class color like orange and icon and stuff would have to be the same.)

    But Syn wtf about pvp?!?! you ask? Easy. add a toggle to options so that you can choose "homogenized spell effects". With this enabled, every druid has the same basic nature colors on your client. When disabled, you see the class favor stuff instead.

    A void elf that just does the same thing visually as every other druid but with voidy forms is boring to me. A void elf "druid" that shoot nightmare bolts and draws their power from the old gods or just the void directly instead of life? That sounds a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2023-02-06 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •