Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPTimers replacement?

My SPTimers has stopped working now with the pre-patch, and there does not seem to be an update to it might be time to look at a replacement.

The SPTimers feature I used was the cooldown bar that had the abilities slide down the bar as the cooldown went down. Does anyone have a recommendation for an addon that does the same thing?

Here is a screenshot I found of the cooldown bar:

Looking for the same thing.

I always used ForteXorcist since WotLK and now it stopped working completely. Any alternative would be greatly appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19_z...usp=share_link

All I ended up doing is removing any bits that spat out an LUA error. No clue what that'll end up screwing with, but at the very least the cooldown line seems to work fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzbern View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19_z...usp=share_link

All I ended up doing is removing any bits that spat out an LUA error. No clue what that'll end up screwing with, but at the very least the cooldown line seems to work fine for me.
    Fantastic, thank you so much! It works perfectly so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you guys change anything else to get this to work? lots of stuff causing errors for me mini map button/casting/no bar showing etc

Thank you very much, this can work pretty well. However, the option UI did not appear when I typed /sptimers, and sometimes it makes that no button can be clicked in esc menu. Was it only me?

Quote Originally Posted by MiyuAASA View Post
    Thank you very much, this can work pretty well. However, the option UI did not appear when I typed /sptimers, and sometimes it makes that no button can be clicked in esc menu. Was it only me?
    I had the exact same issue

My previously setup bars don't work anymore and options won't open either while they block other frames from being clicked on

I'm trying to find someone who can actually update this addon properly but already one dev at fierr said that it's too complicated lol

I don't have found a replacement for the CD-Tracker since I wasn't using it, but if somebody gets here via Google in search of a replacement of the DoT-Timer-Part of the Add-on - I can really recommend NugRunnig! Really easy to configure!

Thanks for the update but as previously mentioned by some above, it's still breaking/tainting things left and right sadly.

I wish there was another addon doing the cooldown line thing as in my case, that is the only thing i'm using from it and really love it

Quote Originally Posted by zbugrkx View Post
    I wish there was another addon doing the cooldown line thing
    Raven, Timeline bar. Current download while they wait to get maintainer access to the CF project: https://github.com/Dicebar/raven
    Available via CF now: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/raven
    Last edited by Elvenbane; 2022-11-29 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenbane View Post
    Raven, Timeline bar. Current download while they wait to get maintainer access to the CF project: https://github.com/Dicebar/raven
    Thanks a bunch!!! the timeline does not look "as nice" (I wish there was a way in raven to get the bar ahead of the icon to be colored like in sptimers) but it is a great replacement and works fine! (and less cpu intensive)

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    I worked on updating the addon for Dragonflight before finding this thread. I added very basic support for Evoker as well, just haven't added the spell IDs and stuff since I don't play the class.

I can't post links on this forum, but look for evangelos-ch/SPTimers on GitHub.

This works pretty much fine for me, including the options menu and other things. I'm looking to maintain it as much as possible since the addon fits my custom UI to a T, but obviously there might be some broken things I haven't caught since I only use the addon for tracking Ignite and Living Bomb really. If you find anything else broken, feel free to let me know via GitHub or Discord.

Do you have permision for that?

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    I have taken my repository down upon request of Aleaa in a GitHub issue. I would also like to point your guys attention to the new .toc file on GitHub TimoshN/SPTimers where the license information now states that redistributions with fixes such as mine are no longer allowed.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you are the author, and going by your post history it looks like you may well be, do you plan to update it yourself?

It seems to have been pulled from CurseForge, and on WoWInterface the latest version is from 2015. It doesn't seem unreasonable for people to think it may have been abandoned.

I don't use it personally but I'm sure you would delight some people if you have an update planned.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I have no plans to update. Suggest to use other addons from posts above.

Hopefully you'll change your mind at some point. sp-timers was perfect.

Aleaa requested that I remove my repository in a GitHub issue, so I did. I also want to draw your guys' attention to the updated.toc file on GitHub for TimoshN/SPTimers, where the licence information now specifies that redistributions with fixes like mine are not permitted.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason that you don't want anybody to continue your work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason that you don't want anybody to continue your work?
    my best guest he is brainwashed putin bot mad at nato/west so that's our punishment