Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Solo shuffle really only exists so people can get their 1600 gear or getting arena mounts without needing to find teammates. There's no reason to take it seriously or try to push high rating unless you're a content creator, so don't worry about bad players or people leaving.

In that regard I think it does fine, pretty much everyone should have no trouble getting what they want from it.

Any rated solo queue PvP was always going to be trash, honestly the solo shuffle idea was probably the best they could have done. It's by far the most fair system, and better players will always get more rating since you play 6 rounds. It does kind of feel like the better healer automatically wins the majority of the time, but as a healer main I'm not really complaining about that, and I guess there's not really a way to fix it anyway so it's more fun for DPS.

Personally it's something I'll mess around with to try different builds or when I'm super bored, but it'll never be nearly as fun as actual arenas anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    10+ min queue times. Instant trolls dropping to throw games. Very low reward.

Whoever thought this play style of multiple rounds with randoms would work needs to be fired. This is such an idiotic response from the devs to the fans who really just want solo queue 2v2.

Idk why blizzard can't just give us what we want, instead they have to continue to make some convoluted bullshit system instead of just doing what the players are requesting.

Solo queue arrived DOA for sure and I can't fathom this getting better unless they incentivise this heavily.
    THAT is the Blizzard way.

Those people are all about overengineering, reinventing the wheel and fixing what isn't broken. Always have been.

IF there is at all a simple solution to a problem, they will in 9 out of 10 cases ignore the simple solution and come up with the most convoluted, needlessly complex response that usually breaks 2 more things in the process and creates new problems.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The biggest problems with solo shuffle right now are:
    1. Leavers (confirmed by blue to be addressed soon).
    2. Rating from solo shuffle doesn't allow for gear upgrades (making this mode doa for alts, which is a shame, no word from blizz on this).
    3. Tank games are unfun (they either need to put some effort into balancing tanks for PvP or just ban them from this mode).
    4. Rating inflation is crazy, it takes one day to hit 2100 rating and it's just waaay to easy compared to normal arena.
    #2 is a pretty big bummer IMO. But my guess is that because of #4, they haven't figured out how to do gear from solo shuffle because they don't know how the rating will adjust. The reward system is incredibly important and if the only real reward is the end of season title, then noone is going to play it. I hope they address this ASAP or it really is DOA.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    #2 is a pretty big bummer IMO. But my guess is that because of #4, they haven't figured out how to do gear from solo shuffle because they don't know how the rating will adjust. The reward system is incredibly important and if the only real reward is the end of season title, then noone is going to play it. I hope they address this ASAP or it really is DOA.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pvp gear in Dragonflight will not require rating to unlock/upgrade in pvp.

Only if you want to use pvp gear for pve do you need to worry about upgrading it and therefore rating. In pvp the pvp gear you buy with zero rating will always be the highest ilvl possible.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pvp gear in Dragonflight will not require rating to unlock/upgrade in pvp.

Only if you want to use pvp gear for pve do you need to worry about upgrading it and therefore rating. In pvp the pvp gear you buy with zero rating will always be the highest ilvl possible.
    Correct-ish. There are still two sets (honor and conquest), but neither require rating and the honor set is only one tier/step behind the conquest set. Bith have low PvE iLevels though, and as you said, the upgrades are solely for the PvE iLevel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    As the guy after you/before me said…

Has *no one* been paying attention to the fact that (for PvP) the gear is always the best iLevel (conquest gear) or just below it (honor) and never require rating? You can get a full set of max iLevel PvP gear from Solo Shuffle no problem. Rating only matters if you want to upgrade the PvE iLevel of said gear.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    And that's not a real problem, sure you'll loose your round with them. But you'll easily win all the rounds against them since they're that bad.

Right ? Right ???
    That's not how it works.

If in round 1, a dps runs around the corner and dies there's nothing I can do about that.

Then it happens in round 2.

Then round 3.

Then round 4.

Then round 5.

Then round 6.

People are getting themselves killed because they're line of sighting their healers. Every game today has been decided by people line of sighting, either on my team or the enemy team. It's a complete roll of the dice whether you'll win or not as a healer with how most dps players are playing.
    Last edited by lllll; 2022-10-31 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    That's not how it works.

If in round 1, a dps runs around the corner and dies there's nothing I can do about that.

Then it happens in round 2.

Then round 3.

Then round 4.

Then round 5.

Then round 6.

People are getting themselves killed because they're line of sighting their healers. Every game today has been decided by people line of sighting, either on my team or the enemy team. It's a complete roll of the dice whether you'll win or not as a healer with how most dps players are playing.
    Well yeah your in low ratings that is what happens all the time. I hit 2.3k in solo shuffle in 7 games its prepatch.

This isn't going to be representative of it in dragon flight.

Wish there was queue penalty for rated 2v2/3v3 then we'd never lose rating and we'd never finish a game either!
    Must be wild of me to assume that Blizzard created this frustration on purpose huh.

I understand the ideal with creating frustrations so that players enjoy the outcome more but it's like Blizzard has lost sight of itself. Like how they introduced the ex-talent system to ease quickswapping talents, or how they added raid profiles to ease changing raid ui sizings.

I honestly can't seem to understand why they are destroying their own systems in a very bad way.

It's really enjoyable resizing my chat box or having the party/raid frames bug out randomly all over the place. And these bugs persist for atleast months and are not addressed by Blues, there's no "We've noticed this problem and are trying to fix it"

I know they've said they're introducing a rating penalty for DF but really? Was it that hard to comprehend the DISASTER which is currently that players would abuse the harmless queue penalty system, any smart player will abuse it and just ruin the fun for everyone.

Also considering how they are more and more leaning into the organizing talents & gear above gameplay meta where everything is about nitpicking talents vs every type of content. Are we supposed to have like 20 different saved profiles and 20 different very specific gearsets to be on the meta train? And since this is the way the game is intending to be played, why are they not designing the UI elements to reflect this ideal? It's really really really really stupid, or intentionally cruel. Doesn't matter tho.

And even if having 20 profiles saved isn't a big issue, it's managable. There's still the issue of the ability bars not arranging themselves based on these profiles. So are you supposed to reorganize your macros and stuff every time you enter content that demands you to change your profiles? FUN!! Really fun how this new UI demands custom addons even more than the previous one did.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-11-17 at 03:10 PM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    That's not how it works.

If you are losing every single round because of the players lining you, then it's on you, in a solo setting, to adapt to those players.

10+ Year Old Account
    People expect way too much going in and are toxic when they don't have the best team possible or people make mistakes.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    If you are losing every single round because of the players lining you, then it's on you, in a solo setting, to adapt to those players.
    If people played anywhere close to this bad in m+ as a lot of the people in solo shuffle do, I'd leave the group in an instant.

I'll just not play it beyond getting the elite transmog.
    Last edited by lllll; 2022-11-25 at 05:21 PM.