Post your favorite moment from classic :-)

I’ve had a couple, I’m on Old Blanchy and when I was at 59 and 99/100ths I arranged a party in Westfall where I gave TWO gold to every single person that showed up as I turned in the 8 oats quest to ding 60 and that…was good times :-)

But the thing that made me post this was in OG wrath, and I was an absolute nerd rage monster of a raid lead…my guild tried to take every single thing I’d ever said ever and find my real-life Facebook profile, so for like two months they were trying to pry information out of me and…well I’m not telling the story that well but it was just a super fun time :-)

But enough about me, what’s your favorite moment?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Actually for me is quite recent, the moment I stopped playing. Giving up 100% on the idea that a romanian guild can function within common sense ground. A bitter sweet moment, at least I hope I learned I should bother anymore for people that don't deserve (people that can't follow their own made rules).

Nice idea. I realized I shouldn't bother bothering for people who don't deserve it.

I have few interesting memories from "back then".

1. Vanilla Wow.
    As a no income student I wasn't interested in WoW. But my GFs brother played and he showed it to me. And allowed to make a character or two on his account. Wanted the most non-human character so went after Tauren shaman as totems looked cool. Not knowing a bit about levelling I went into Mulgore and started doing quests. And at some point - died. Oh well, blue angel asked if I wanted to be ressurrected. Ofc I wanted. Bam, again in the world of the living. Just to be insta killed by single plainstrider. Weird, I could fight 2 at the same time and survive. Blue angel brought me to life again, off to questing area. I'm weirdly weak. Single mob is an epic struggle, 2 mobs insta death. Been fighting my way back to the zone, ending each careful fight (all CDs, potions) with zero mana and single digit HP. just to be one shot by quest target. Reported issue to GFs bro ... and he just laughed. He said - never, ever resurrect at Spirit Healer. You can ghost run to your corpse and revive there without rez sickness.

Memory new players won't have since in DF rez sickness is now 1 min. Instead of 10.

2. Vanilla BC.
    Time went by and I finally decided to get my own account. It was BC already. Leveling my Druid, 20-ish range, Redridge Mountain, somewhat half way through zone where you had to get some item from ruined castle on the other side of the zone. Problem is - swarming with mobs that respawn faster than you kill them. And quest target is 3-man quest. Group with 2 other struggling players and still got massacred. Then one of them asked his guildie for help. 10 minutes later he came - lvl 60 walking god, calamity impersonated. Living titan among us, mere mortals. Mobs that were obliterating us from a mile were just standing there, inches from him, totally ignoring him. So after hi's, hello's and awe's he went and cleared the whole castle. In an instant. We did the quest, looted everything (all that copper and silver, trash items to the full). Really good run. With quest reward and all that vendor haul I may pass 1 gold total. Really good run.

And then unimaginable happened. This deity approached me, asked about few things, confirmed I do everything as I should (proper training, collecting trash so I could have more copper, not spending on weird things) and then... he gave me 5 GOLD. Just like that. Bam. Whole 5 GOLD. "Here" he said "you'll need it for your mount and training". When I said I cannot accept that much money as I won't be able to return it in near or far future, he just said - "no need, it's a gift. When you'll be max level and then have lots of gold then find someone like you today and help them like I did helped you today". And I did spread the kindness. On several occassions.

Gold, training and mounts these are so trivial to get that those 5 gold back then feels nothing in today's standards. But back then, getting 5 GOLD at level 20-ish was really something.

3. Vanilla BC short story
    How come I mained Alliance Druid and not Horde?
    When I made my account I created 2 Druids - Nelf female and Tauren male. And made them "race": whomever first (shorter /played time) reach level 10, survives and become my main. End line was bear form as you were given a quest for it at lvl 10. Long story short - both quests were similar - go places and kill one mob to prove that bear spirit is strong within you. Night Elf did this quest rather easy @ lvl 10. Tauren - it was impossible even with lucky crits on target. Always died when target was still at least 20% HP. I even (SouthPark style) been killing boars and other game just to level to 11 and be stronger. It helped and finally got my Tauren bear form but it was far too late.

Decided Night Elf will be my main and she is my main ever since. Now I have alll the classes covered, on both Alliance and Horde, 25 characters total but my Main Druid is first on everything since BC. New zone to explore, max level to achieve, dungeon or raid.

This one character is my favorite memory from Wow.

Honestly, right when you hit endgame and do BRD and professions then find out BC is almost coming out

5 minutes after logging in when i noticed that i can't be arsed to go through all of this shit again and the magic is long gone.

Leveling in the classic vanilla (or whatever you call the original classic nowadays with all the expansions out) was pretty much the only thing that kept its charm. Weird? maybe. Raids and dungeons were the biggest disappointment to be honest, the nostalgia did not work here for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    5 minutes after logging in when i noticed that i can't be arsed to go through all of this shit again and the magic is long gone.
    People have been doing this in retail for years because the game's been complete garbage, Dragonshite the same charade. Shame

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It's not really a moment, but I've gone on to realize I just genuinely enjoy leveling in Classic. I got my first character to max (80), geared up for Heroics, ran a couple, and quested a bit more in an untouched zone before deciding to start working on another. Chances are I'll continue this cycle until I get completely bored, or run out of character slots. At least leveling makes a decent amount of gold!
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2022-12-19 at 08:12 PM.

Classic is cool overall, but we can't expect to feel excited about the same shit all our lives, sometimes people need to move on. But its good for sure, I bet new players would enjoy it alot more.

And the hype of wow as a cultural event is gone too.

Back in 2008 TBC when I finally found a Hyjal/BT guild that would take my Mage with no raid experience and only spellfire gear to his name. This was a big deal to me because, being a huge WC3 nerd, I wanted to experience the Battle for Mount Hyjal in all its MMORPG glory (we all know how THAT raid turned out )

Had to transfer because my home server was a shitty dead RP server, but I played with my new guild until the launch of Wrath. 20 bucks well spent!

If I had to post a moment from Classic specifically, it would be when I solo'd the last 1% of Firemaw in BWL. The raid was dying and the boss was low, so everybody got a little carried away and tried to DPS with too many Buffet stacks. They all died and I was the last guy remaining, Adrenaline Rush came up, I popped Evasion and finished the fight.

Was on my troll mage in Westfall being chased by alliance players so I started fleeing north along the coastline with them on the tail, following me until we reached the Newman's Landing easter egg and we both just stopped fighting and explored this cool secret. Months later I logged back on to my troll mage (which I had now stopped playing) in Orgrimmar, and a player there approached me who was the same as one of the alliance players chasing me months earlier, and he said he remembered my character and what a cool experience it was accidentally discovering something like that.