Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Anyone who has actually interacted with talent trees and class design has been overwhelmingly positive, with a couple of outliers (sorry Spriest). The new talent trees give you combinations you couldn't have before, choices you didn't have before, and definitely allow you to branch out into different content. Most guides have separate builds between raid/M+ and M+ alone will have different builds per dungeon. PvP will also be using completely different builds in a lot of cases so overall it's a success.

    And all of those different builds are just for optimal play, if you don't care about that and just want to build around a specific ability that is also 100% possible. People read a guide, copy it without a single thought, and then complain about how cookie cutter everything is.

    I promise you when we see the raid on live, different builds will be used on different bosses, and multiple competitive builds will be present in multiple specs.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay so I cannot be the first to realize this right?
    there is absolutely nothing new about these talents, theyre all just conduits or abilities that use to be baseline that require talent points now.
    Not only did Blizzard themselves say it was going to be like that before the new system came out, but it's also what everyone said as soon as we saw the first preview of these talents many months ago so yeah...

    And I mean that's a good thing. There's no reason to throw everything out and make every spec/class from scratch.
    Keep/bring back what has worked in the past and add some new stuff too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Cute, that must be real fun.
    Off-Topic af, but ngl: Even though I don't like hirumaredx' content at all, it surely must be a dream job to work on making videos for your favourite game. Earning money and having fun is a good combo ofc.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-11-24 at 03:07 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Controllers does not = clear goal of going to consoles. They aren't going to port an almost 20 year old game to consoles. You are better off using that money to create WoW2 and make it for consoles as you are starting from scratch.
    Who says they're starting from scratch? Are you a WoW programmer?

  4. #124

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Who says they're starting from scratch? Are you a WoW programmer?
    They would be if they are creating a WoW2. That is what they should do instead of wasting money trying to port a 20 year old game with very old code that an easily be borked trying to do so. But they won't do either because nobody would play the new game as they would have to give up their old toons.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They would be if they are creating a WoW2. That is what they should do instead of wasting money trying to port a 20 year old game with very old code that an easily be borked trying to do so. But they won't do either because nobody would play the new game as they would have to give up their old toons.
    How do you know any of this? I mean obviously you don't, but why do you think you do? Kind of a ridiculous post.

  7. #127
    Field Marshal Imnotadentist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Your moms attic
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Not only did Blizzard themselves say it was going to be like that before the new system came out, but it's also what everyone said as soon as we saw the first preview of these talents many months ago so yeah...

    And I mean that's a good thing. There's no reason to throw everything out and make every spec/class from scratch.
    Keep/bring back what has worked in the past and add some new stuff too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Off-Topic af, but ngl: Even though I don't like hirumaredx' content at all, it surely must be a dream job to work on making videos for your favourite game. Earning money and having fun is a good combo ofc.
    He doesn't make the videos, He just tells other people to make videos for Hirumaredx. Which honestly sounds even better to me! Like dude must be chillen and gettin paid for it.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They would be if they are creating a WoW2. That is what they should do instead of wasting money trying to port a 20 year old game with very old code that an easily be borked trying to do so. But they won't do either because nobody would play the new game as they would have to give up their old toons.
    Why would they spend all the time and resources to build a completely new game when people are still paying for, playing, and enjoying the existing game? Just because you say they should? All that would do is divide their playerbase. Is that really what you want?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Why would they spend all the time and resources to build a completely new game when people are still paying for, playing, and enjoying the existing game? Just because you say they should? All that would do is divide their playerbase. Is that really what you want?
    You missed my point entirely. My point is it will take a lot of resources to port WoW to console. If you are going to spend all that, it would be far easier just to make a WoW2. That is why they won't port to console. Not worth it to divide a small player base. They will not do either.

  10. #130
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay so I cannot be the first to realize this right?
    there is absolutely nothing new about these talents, theyre all just conduits or abilities that use to be baseline that require talent points now.
    I take it you're new to wow? Talents were talents before conduits and such existed

    If you were expecting some new revolutionary talent system you were only setting yourself up for disappointment

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay so I cannot be the first to realize this right?
    there is absolutely nothing new about these talents, theyre all just conduits or abilities that use to be baseline that require talent points now.

    It's a new talent system. Not "new talents".

    As a mage, it's neat to see some old classics come back and cool abilities we had in Torghast.

  12. #132
    The whole point was to move away from the borrowed power systems and into a more permanent system. So yeah, it's going to have a bunch of old stuff from past borrowed power system. Like that's the whole point of it.

  13. #133
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,784
    Yes. Its the laziest and least they could do. Repackage old wine in a new bottle. Budgets must be getting thin
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  14. #134
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,031
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Off-Topic af, but ngl: Even though I don't like hirumaredx' content at all, it surely must be a dream job to work on making videos for your favourite game. Earning money and having fun is a good combo ofc.
    Working for your friend is fun, but it is also stressful as fuck , cause if you mess up it is not only a "I messed up boss" it is "I messed up bud" and for example taking vacation days, good who cares if it makes you boss do more work, it is their job. But when you make your friend do more work? yeah no, makes it so hard to want to take time off, especially as a perfectionist and someone who hates errors and incorrect information, which commonly leads to me being super thorough with scripts to make sure the script writers didn't get anything wrong, which sadly they do often.
    Although making your hobby your living while sounding fun, kinda kills fun, cause instead of doing your hobby you are now working, and instead of having fun you are doing your job. Cause I gotta record footage of EVERYTHING, quests, riding mounts, doing this ability, that ability, etc.

    I can't just "raid" I have to record my raid, which means zooming in, turning off a lot of UI stuff, and making sure not to move my camera a ton. affects my fun, affects my performance in raid, which is why I do M+ cause i can easily get footage of it all then just have fun.

    But it is a dream job, in the sense I have been playing wow so long, so I know a lot about it just by experience, so I can notice when something a script writer writes is either likely untrue, or obviously untrue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yes. Its the laziest and least they could do. Repackage old wine in a new bottle. Budgets must be getting thin
    idk mate, current talents are nothing like the old talent trees.

    it is more like they sold wine
    then started selling beer
    and yeah now they are back to selling wine
    but it is white wine instead of red, grown in an entire new area, brewed in entirely new casks, and made with the idea of being a cooking wine instead of a drinking wine.

    it is still wine, but it is not at all the same wine it was way back when.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-11-27 at 07:45 AM.

  15. #135
    «a 17+ year old game can't continually add new things»

    Then make it free, remove paid subscription and admit this fact publicly.

    Why Witcher 3 devs - who definitely do not get millions of free monthly revenue from subscription - release a complete game overhaul 8 years after release? Why they can afford this and blizzard can’t?

  16. #136
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    «a 17+ year old game can't continually add new things»

    Then make it free, remove paid subscription and admit this fact publicly.

    Why Witcher 3 devs - who definitely do not get millions of free monthly revenue from subscription - release a complete game overhaul 8 years after release? Why they can afford this and blizzard can’t?
    No where did they say they cant add new things.. they are literally adding a ton of new stuff TOMORROW.
    ??? Oh man a game updating its graphics 8 years later, so amazing I wish wow did that!
    Go free to play and add zero new content for 8 years then update the graphics?
    you know games like heros of the storm (not anymore...), starcraft, diablo, hearthstone, all free with free updates regularly right?

    The whole point of wow's sub is the consistency and the ability of being able to play an mmo without a MASSIVE story, like swtor, eso, or gw2 have.


    Bro, what are you on about.

  17. #137
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,784
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Working for your friend is fun, but it is also stressful as fuck , cause if you mess up it is not only a "I messed up boss" it is "I messed up bud" and for example taking vacation days, good who cares if it makes you boss do more work, it is their job. But when you make your friend do more work? yeah no, makes it so hard to want to take time off, especially as a perfectionist and someone who hates errors and incorrect information, which commonly leads to me being super thorough with scripts to make sure the script writers didn't get anything wrong, which sadly they do often.
    Although making your hobby your living while sounding fun, kinda kills fun, cause instead of doing your hobby you are now working, and instead of having fun you are doing your job. Cause I gotta record footage of EVERYTHING, quests, riding mounts, doing this ability, that ability, etc.

    I can't just "raid" I have to record my raid, which means zooming in, turning off a lot of UI stuff, and making sure not to move my camera a ton. affects my fun, affects my performance in raid, which is why I do M+ cause i can easily get footage of it all then just have fun.

    But it is a dream job, in the sense I have been playing wow so long, so I know a lot about it just by experience, so I can notice when something a script writer writes is either likely untrue, or obviously untrue.

    - - - Updated - - -



    idk mate, current talents are nothing like the old talent trees.

    it is more like they sold wine
    then started selling beer
    and yeah now they are back to selling wine
    but it is white wine instead of red, grown in an entire new area, brewed in entirely new casks, and made with the idea of being a cooking wine instead of a drinking wine.

    it is still wine, but it is not at all the same wine it was way back when.
    They are exactly like every other talent you had before even if they were just previously called something else I.e artifact ability, conduit, etc etc its the same crap just repackaged they added nothing new. Its cheap and its lazy but they have the balls to promote it as a new feature.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2022-11-27 at 04:48 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #138
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They are exactly like every other talent you had before even if they were just previously called something else I.e artifact ability, conduit, etc etc its the same crap just repackaged they added nothing new. Its cheap and its lazy but they have the balls to promote it as a new feature.
    Tell me how I could get guillotine or imp gang boss or a pitlord before, what conduit artifact a little etc were those? Hm??

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay so I cannot be the first to realize this right?
    there is absolutely nothing new about these talents, theyre all just conduits or abilities that use to be baseline that require talent points now.
    And conduits and abilities where sometimes baseline abilties from the past.
    But agree a little bit. Somethings i found weird that they are no longer baseline. I have done most of my classes up to 60 and did their talents. And sometimes i am like....wtf. For instance druids. we used to have several ( like to much) ways to interupt casting. Now all of them are talents.

    But on the otherhand. It does help you build your hero. Do not want, need or feel a spell. Build everything around something else.

    And i do think the baseline are not new. But the choices you have for a lot of talents are new. Conduits where most of the time just increase firepower by x, reduce cd by that or rarely that it triggers some effects.

    talents are that, plus also more. instead of taking 1 of the a few random conduits that might give you something extra. You can now chose what to buff. and how to buff it.
    Do i want my avengers shield to hit harder, block more, parry more etc etc. that is something baseline and conduits did not give.

    It expands the choice and the builds you have. Conduits , last talent system where to cooky cutter. some of my classes you saw no one pick certain talents or conduits because they where pointless.

    But again...i do agree that somethings are to much baseline.

  20. #140
    I love the new talent system.

    It's like they created a system where all the old FotM builds I remember from yester-year are back!

    As a Paladin main, it's awesome that for example... as a healer, I can live the "pocket healer" old FoTM version of paly and stand in the back, spam Holy Light, etc. big heals more single target...

    Or I can go 100% melee healer and play like a melee DPS and (especially in raids) keep tons of healing going.

    I probably spend more time tweaking talents then anything.

    I also love making builds with as many passives as possible, as few button presses as possible. Great for those late night LFR runs where I can maximize output for minimal effort lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •