Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    If you did the tiniest bit of prior reading you would know that they announced from the very start that it would include some tier abilities and some conduit things as well as other stuff.

Your lack of paying the slightest bit of attention and not even reading about the class you keep saying they took so much from is your own fault not blizzards.
    This whole thing sums up the majority of MMOC posts. So not surprising. haha

Looking forward to this being fleshed out in future expansions. Way better than the previous one.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I find it funny how you proved that person didn't fully read the talent tree.
    oh hey I missed this, funny thing is he STILL has not read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    #3 Talents did get removed from the game, Show me cloudburst totem and wellspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Playing mostly enhancement during SL, for launch and coming back with for new talents, I would agree with the Op's sentiment. There is no reason why WF totem should be locked behind a talent point. It's like as core EH shaman as can be and it feels bad having to talent into it. Better would be some other choice that's retains core feelings but enables more flavor, like giving windfury a chance to proc a fire tornado or some crap like that. It also sucks to see the current state of the Doomwinds talent. The skill used to be baked into WF totem but now it's its own ability, a separate cooldown, and weaker than the legendary item version. That's lame, lazy, uninspired and feels like something was taken from the class. I shouldn't have to spend my points on becoming the class that I was during the last expansion.

Letting us spec into having two shields at once is a cool thing, something I'm willing to spend talent points on, and makes it feel like I have agency in becoming the EH I want to be. It wouldn't have been difficult for them to do that but they chose to be lazy about it. I think it's fair criticism.

Also, if they can bring back mind spike spam, shadow orbs, and keep insanity as choices then they could bring back the mana battery play-style for for shadow priests or 2H EH, something that has been asked for from the community. Just my complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What I find is that their is no way to redeem or make himself right after that failure.

1+ Year Old Account
    i find it funny you are so keen on all my posts.
    doesnt himaruredx have a video for you to edit?

7+ Year Old Account
    i find it funny you are so keen on all my posts.
    doesnt himaruredx have a video for you to edit?
    When every post of yours I have seen is wrong I find it fun.
    Also I don't edit, I am the manager, I manage the editors, and I am actually working as we speak, waiting for processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Mbcivic View Post
    I shouldn't have to spend my points on becoming the class that I was during the last expansion..
    They made a solid foundation with those talent trees, selecting borrowed powers we had since Legion and baking them into the classes themselves. It kinda sucks for everyone to have to talent things that we had before, but I'm pretty sure this is the only time we'll feel this way. It's a big change. Our characters are strong from the very beginning of the expansion this time around instead of relying on external abilities.

Expansion after Dragonflight will add new things to talent trees, and hopefully they'll keep going in that direction.

Your point?

The true problem with the new talent trees is just a lack of vision.

They are only made for raiding pretty much, and too many abilities that should just be baseline is now talents for no good reason around 6 per tree i would say.

there is absolutely nothing new about these talents
    Wow... really?
    Nobody else noticed that before you.
    You are the chosen one...

Of course it is not new.
    Finally they can see that some old ideas can be also good which is very promising for the future.
    New 'old' talents is single very good thing in this xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Wow... really?
    Nobody else noticed that before you.
    You are the chosen one...

Of course it is not new.
    Finally they can see that some old ideas can be also good which is very promising for the future.
    New 'old' talents is single very good thing in this xpack.
    This. I'd rather have these talent now, which have a chance of surviving the Xpac instead of knowing they'll be gone because the new borrowed power system has other traits or conduits or whatever the next thing would have been.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    This. I'd rather have these talent now, which have a chance of surviving the Xpac instead of knowing they'll be gone because the new borrowed power system has other traits or conduits or whatever the next thing would have been.
    I can get behind what you're saying, but I am not too happy with losing baseline abilities. Yeah the old talents were stale and didnt really have too much impact on toons, and there are some welcomed additions to the talent trees that im very happy about. But im also a bit upset that the new talents have little to offer in terms of new abilites or gameplay changing choices. The strong conduits are now just strong talents, which feels lazy to me.

- - - Updated - - -

When every post of yours I have seen is wrong I find it fun.
    Also I don't edit, I am the manager, I manage the editors, and I am actually working as we speak, waiting for processing.
    Cute, that must be real fun.

- - - Updated - - -

True! Sorry, its hard for me to fully read some of what mr felplague posts because it often times is mostly just vitrolic babble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I cannot be the first to realize this right?
    there is absolutely nothing new about these talents, theyre all just conduits or abilities that use to be baseline that require talent points now.
    Do you not read any of the news posted on this WoW news website? First Work Orders, now this. They told us exactly what to expect with the talent system.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Do you not read any of the news posted on this WoW news website? First Work Orders, now this. They told us exactly what to expect with the talent system.
    ima be real with u i dont, and also, this was posted 2 weeks ago.

A lot of the baseline abilites have been talents before tho, it just returns them to where they were before.

They way it is now is way more healthy. Of course it isn't perfect, and there are issues like the druid class tree and solarbeam for boomies but all in all this is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Metacrias View Post
    Finally, remember Activision is being bought by Microsoft. WoW is prime IP and I would expect money to flow into the game - and possibly a full blown new generation WoW (also playable on XBox - clearly a goal of theirs).
    Link to Bizz or Microsoft quote where they say getting WoW on console is a goal. OH right, there isn't one becuause they never said it and in no way is it a clear goal. Players completely made it up and are now using Microsoft to convince themselves what they completely made up is actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Link to Bizz or Microsoft quote where they say getting WoW on console is a goal. OH right, there isn't one becuause they never said it and in no way is it a clear goal. Players completely made it up and are now using Microsoft to convince themselves what they completely made up is actually happening.
    Mm they recently said that making WoW playable with a controller is expressly a goal in DF, specifically mentioning gametesting Dragonriding with a controller. There's not much of a step from there to consoles, but I don't think they've literally said that if that matters for whatever reason.

Instead of coherent classes with talents allowing you to branch out into different content, we got build-a-spellbook with shadowlands class design.

Anyone who has actually interacted with talent trees and class design has been overwhelmingly positive, with a couple of outliers (sorry Spriest). The new talent trees give you combinations you couldn't have before, choices you didn't have before, and definitely allow you to branch out into different content. Most guides have separate builds between raid/M+ and M+ alone will have different builds per dungeon. PvP will also be using completely different builds in a lot of cases so overall it's a success.

And all of those different builds are just for optimal play, if you don't care about that and just want to build around a specific ability that is also 100% possible. People read a guide, copy it without a single thought, and then complain about how cookie cutter everything is.

I promise you when we see the raid on live, different builds will be used on different bosses, and multiple competitive builds will be present in multiple specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Mm they recently said that making WoW playable with a controller is expressly a goal in DF, specifically mentioning gametesting Dragonriding with a controller. There's not much of a step from there to consoles, but I don't think they've literally said that if that matters for whatever reason.
    Controllers does not = clear goal of going to consoles. They aren't going to port an almost 20 year old game to consoles. You are better off using that money to create WoW2 and make it for consoles as you are starting from scratch.