Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just gimme undead paladin and more druid races. Undead druid ? Rotten bear mmm.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-12-06 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post

This actually a good idea, but for this we need wow2.
    My WoW would have had five factions (and more added later) and each would have at least one exclusive class (Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Deathknight, Demon Hunter). But that will never happen (neither will WoW 2). The choice to limit the game to two factions (by shoving night elves on Alliance and Forsaken and blood elves in the Horde) has always been extremely limiting to the stories they could say and the choice to keep the factions apart (even though they did add pvp specific servers that would have allowed people to opt in that limitation if they wanted to) limited their ability to showcase archetypes (and their choice to limit people to 1 guild and hard code the feature limited social interactions). Generally early on so many bad choices were made. I'll always remember, the only reason WoW became successful was because of a design decision the team actually NEVER made (people loved doing quests, originally the game was designed to be much grindier and they rushed to respond to feedback which is why classic on Horde side has far fewer quests than Alliance).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My WoW would have had five factions (and more added later) and each would have at least one exclusive class (Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Deathknight, Demon Hunter). But that will never happen (neither will WoW 2).
    Well, my own rewrite has two main factions, Horde and Alliance, with independent factions making up the bulk of a "neutral" faction. (An evil aligned faction will also play a main part, but that will be further divided along races and classes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The choice to limit the game to two factions (by shoving night elves on Alliance and Forsaken and blood elves in the Horde) has always been extremely limiting to the stories they could say and the choice to keep the factions apart
    I agree. And as expansions came, the limitations demanded an upward scale. Had factions been more diversely developed the scale would likely have been more grounded with additional depth, keeping all away from gods, and the afterlife, which I viewed as rather superficial in play.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I've told it many times already. Many players don't understand, that we play game - not read book or watch movie. And in game WE are masters of our stories. And lore is just background.
    Yes and it seems like your message is both "Well you should interpret the background a different way" and "Fuck the background" at the same time.

Neither addresses the concern that players who care for the lore have. Not to say that there's any one solution to this, but merely applying headcanon only goes so far for someone who wants to see reasons why these combinations are being made. I think the Highborne Night Elf and Tauren Sunwalker lore was great, even if I didn't agree with the class/race combos. It went out of its way to incorporate new concepts into the broader lore. And with every new race or allied race, we also get plenty of lore explanation behind it. I'm kind of sad to see that new combinations aren't getting that same amount of care and attention, and are just left open-ended like the lack of lore behind specific non-Pandaren Monk race combinations. I would have preferred if there was race-specific lore to tie them all in, and we don't really have any of that at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-12-06 at 05:15 PM.