Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    If you're going to try to be a smartass, at least put out correct facts, otherwise you simply look dumb.
    That is correct - correct me if i'm wrong WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    That is correct - correct me if i'm wrong WTH?
    The Blizzard merger with Activision happed in 2008. Prior to that Kotick had nothing to do with Blizzard.

You mean the creation of bobby's 10th yacht
    I don't give a fuk how many yachts he have or will buy. All I care is how fun the gameplay look and I like what I see. I saw so many comments like this one in so many topics and I wonder what this even mean? Like what are you trying to say?

That people in big companies on high positions are earning alot of money? Ofc they do, and with every business succes they will earn even more. And I bet after D4 release he can buy one more because it will be another good release for Blizzard. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I'm on a discord with hundreds of leaked vids from F&F.
    There's a difference between leaking on more private platforms and leaking on public forums/platforms accessible by any random people, such as posting/stuff on YouTube or Twitch. Again, NDAs are only as strong as they are enforced. These aren't like government NDAs where you could end up in jail, and Blizz has cracked down on some leakers once they're caught but the most they'll really do is prevent current/future access. If there was some major breach that could cost them money, that's when you'd see Blizz flex their open-ended clauses in their NDA.

Why would they? They are not paid employees to identify bugs.
    They will play the game as the type of gamer they are, some are more casual, some are more hardcore. And for this test they picked us by previous Diablo titles game activity, not randomly.
    You also completely miss the point of it. The point is to provide as much feedback as possible, not to look for bugs.
    I think you're missing the point: it's not just bugs, most random people won't even provide feedback at all. Furthermore, providing feedback can be just as involved as constructing bug reports because if it's not useful feedback, it's pointless. While you can provide some generic feedback along the lines of "X, Y, and Z feels bad", also stating why things feel good/bad, what aspects are causing the friction, and how they related to other systems/aspects of the game are equally if not more valuable to know. Doesn't mean the devs will ultimately agree with you, but focusing on the source of the issues instead of a vague, superficial feedback is way more important. This is generally the reason why you want people who are invested in and know your IP/games well as they will probably provide way more useful feedback (and bug) reports than just a random person who is eternally in a testing phase for the honeymoon enjoyment.

Also, I can absolutely guarantee there are people with closed beta access with zero Diablo playtime in D2/D3/D:Immortal... namely because I'm friends with some of them. Told them to sign up for access because I had a hunch that their real metric was that people would automatically weed themselves out, turns out I was probably right. The way it works is Blizz probably thought there's a high chance that people who sign up will likely be players who have played the Diablo franchise, those with less investment not even bothering to apply because Blizz implied a selection standard that would preclude them from getting selected. Basically, it's a psychology method of creating preconceived notions that deter people you don't want from participating in your activity, even if these notions are completely untrue.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Also, I can absolutely guarantee there are people with closed beta access with zero Diablo playtime in D2/D3/D:Immortal... namely because I'm friends with some of them. Told them to sign up for access because I had a hunch that their real metric was that people would automatically weed themselves out, turns out I was probably right. The way it works is Blizz probably thought there's a high chance that people who sign up will likely be players who have played the Diablo franchise, those with less investment not even bothering to apply because Blizz implied a selection standard that would preclude them from getting selected. Basically, it's a psychology method of creating preconceived notions that deter people you don't want from participating in your activity, even if these notions are completely untrue.
    From a business standpoint, it absolutely makes sense to have testers with zero previous experience. After all, your product is meant to attract NEW customers as well as old ones. It's important to see how things work with people that have never played a Diablo game before.

In addition, there's all sorts of selection criteria they're employing, I'm sure. Not just game history, but hardware setup, general player behaviors like playtime or engagement etc. etc. I'm sure they hand-picked some of the VERY established players and probably had a selection based on specific franchise engagement, but that by no means translates into either "I played Diablo a lot so I must get an invite" OR "only people who played a lot of Diablo get invites".

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I don't give a fuk how many yachts he have or will buy. All I care is how fun the gameplay look and I like what I see. I saw so many comments like this one in so many topics and I wonder what this even mean? Like what are you trying to say?

That people in big companies on high positions are earning alot of money? Ofc they do, and with every business succes they will earn even more. And I bet after D4 release he can buy one more because it will be another good release for Blizzard. So what?
    What the fuck are you even talking about? I was replying to the statement that Immortal is funsing D4, which is just not true.

What the fuck are you even talking about? I was replying to the statement that Immortal is funsing D4, which is just not true.
    Ah yeah, because it's funding Bobby yachts

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega yacht you mean >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mega yacht you mean >.>
    The Blizzard merger with Activision happed in 2008. Prior to that Kotick had nothing to do with Blizzard.
    Kotick became CEO of Activision in February 1991.[11] From 1997 to 2003, Activision acquired nine development studios and released its first hit game in 1995.[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Kotick#Early_career

My bad - but he must have earned lots of yacths since feb 1991. Atleast - he is responsibility of the products since D3 to TBC and with some substanial company growth. Not bad - this dude deserves som yachts(even though he forced the wallet of innocent nerds - just like any other major company).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-11-11 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    There's a difference between leaking on more private platforms and leaking on public forums/platforms accessible by any random people, such as posting/stuff on YouTube or Twitch. Again, NDAs are only as strong as they are enforced. These aren't like government NDAs where you could end up in jail, and Blizz has cracked down on some leakers once they're caught but the most they'll really do is prevent current/future access. If there was some major breach that could cost them money, that's when you'd see Blizz flex their open-ended clauses in their NDA.

I think you're missing the point: it's not just bugs, most random people won't even provide feedback at all. Furthermore, providing feedback can be just as involved as constructing bug reports because if it's not useful feedback, it's pointless. While you can provide some generic feedback along the lines of "X, Y, and Z feels bad", also stating why things feel good/bad, what aspects are causing the friction, and how they related to other systems/aspects of the game are equally if not more valuable to know. Doesn't mean the devs will ultimately agree with you, but focusing on the source of the issues instead of a vague, superficial feedback is way more important. This is generally the reason why you want people who are invested in and know your IP/games well as they will probably provide way more useful feedback (and bug) reports than just a random person who is eternally in a testing phase for the honeymoon enjoyment.

A leak is a leak. Every one of those vids can be found online if you know what to look for and where to look. My point is even though they may have been friends or family of ABK employees, they don't always follow the rules.

Your friends are likely playing DI and just don't want to admit to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Kotick became CEO of Activision in February 1991.[11] From 1997 to 2003, Activision acquired nine development studios and released its first hit game in 1995.[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Kotick#Early_career

My bad - but he must have earned lots of yacths since feb 1991. Atleast - he is responsibility of the products since D3 to TBC and with some substanial company growth. Not bad - this dude deserves som yachts(even though he forced the wallet of innocent nerds - just like any other major company).
    Do you worry about all the yachts the other CEOs of other companies you spend money on have? Weird little dude you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    A leak is a leak. Every one of those vids can be found online if you know what to look for and where to look. My point is even though they may have been friends or family of ABK employees, they don't always follow the rules.

Your friends are likely playing DI and just don't want to admit to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you worry about all the yachts the other CEOs of other companies you spend money on have? Weird little dude you are.
    Buying a yacht = bad, BAD boy CEO. Not good.

This community just hates the yacht community.

Any new leaks or rumors about this?

Buying a yacht = bad, BAD boy CEO. Not good.

This community just hates the yacht community.
    Yachts are apparently a unit of measurement.

Update on this, apparently D4 eas shortly put on Microsoft shop with release of June 5th 2023. Interestingly the install siize was 80GB.

Season Pass on a single player game.

FOMO since day 1. Can't have everything in a single player game if you start later than the release date. I hate what this industry is becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Season Pass on a single player game.

FOMO since day 1. Can't have everything in a single player game if you start later than the release date. I hate what this industry is becoming.
    And did you actually, you know, check what the season pass is about?

Like how it doesn't actually gate any CONTENT?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And did you actually, you know, check what the season pass is about?

Like how it doesn't actually gate any CONTENT?
    You're right. I didn't. But it's a season pass. Doesn't matter if it looks good, there's absolutely 0 reason to trust the devs from now until the end of times as long as they are using that kind of thing in their games.

Well actually, looks like you're wrong.

The Battle Pass awards cosmetics. Like the Shop, these don’t affect gameplay. Additionally, certain cosmetic types are exclusive to the Battle Pass.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2022-12-07 at 09:40 PM.

You're right. I didn't. But it's a season pass. Doesn't matter if it looks good, there's absolutely 0 reason to trust the devs from now until the end of times as long as they are using that kind of thing in their games.
    damn those devs offering extra content outside of the full base game!! LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    damn those devs offering extra content outside of the full base game!! LMFAO
    Which you have to pay for after you already paid full price.

Which you have to pay for after you already paid full price.
    That's how cosmetic MTX work.

They pay for content updates.

It's the fairest model out there, pretty much. What are you demanding, exactly, that they give you the game, cosmetics, AND constant content updates all for just the box price?