Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #301
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,121
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    But it's real truth. Casual players don't like challenging game. As simple, as that. They have different motivations to play it. And it was real reason, why attempts to remove flying destroyed game for half of it's playerbase.

    Yeah, dragonriding is fun while leveling for the first time. But how about day by day routine? Not many players reached 70lvl now. Not many players started to do WQs and other engame content. Too early to judge now.
    I like this whole "I speak for all casual players" take you're rocking with.

    Hint: you don't.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    But it's real truth. Casual players don't like challenging game. As simple, as that. They have different motivations to play it. And it was real reason, why attempts to remove flying destroyed game for half of it's playerbase.

    Yeah, dragonriding is fun while leveling for the first time. But how about day by day routine? Not many players reached 70lvl now. Not many players started to do WQs and other engame content. Too early to judge now.
    I’m as casual as you can get. I want meaningful world content. Legacy flying sucks, I want something engaging and fun. Dragonflying hits that on all levels.

  3. #303
    I dislike dragon riding. It just isn't my cup of tea. I prefer Legacy flying. Could my opinion change the longer I use dragon riding and get used to it? Sure. As of right now, I like having both. Let me have options, that's all If I want to be slow, let me be slow ^^.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

  4. #304
    Maybe people wait till the expanding of Dragonflying until the expansion is over then make your decision. Its a new thing people are enamored by it but tread lightly and see how it functions throughout the rest of the expansion.

  5. #305
    #Return normal flying in the game!

    Dragonflight is boring but keep it for does who like it, dont Delete the normal flying due to promote new bad systems.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    it does to travel what Mythic+ did for dungeons.
    m+ is overrated, because it's so small: that a handful of specs can easily dominate entire seasons (and usually entire expansions); 20man raiding also has metas but because the size is so much different: the problem is alleviated; 5man's best advantage is that it can be formed in the middle of the day of any day with minimal effort.

    they should re-introduce 10man hard mode; but it would be in its own unique instances (and not flex either) to not contaminate the competition; it would create a good middle ground between the big 20 and small 5.
    "If you have questions or suggestions about moderation, you go to a global (blue) moderator with them and discuss the matter in PMs. These kinds of discussions NEVER work out in public." xskarma, global moderator off mmo-champion, defender of democracy

  7. #307
    After having a few days with dragon riding, I would not want the system to replace legacy flying. Vigor is my main objection here. Admittedly, I'm not done the tree yet, and I'm sure it will get better, but it really feels bad when you mess up and have to afk on the ground until you get enough Vigor to get going again.

    If Blizzard removed Vigor as a mechanic entirely, I would have no objection.

  8. #308
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,326
    Gotta say I'm enjoying dragon riding a ton more than I thought I would. Would not mind at all if this became a mainstay.

  9. #309
    I think Dragonflying is great but even as someone who'd probably do more DR than normal flying, I'd rather not have DR than see normal flying removed for pants on head asinine reasons.

    Both systems work fine.
    Both systems work fine even in tandem, old flying arguably even improves DR since you can use a "normal" flying mount to get to a high launching platform before going fast to your destination without venting vigor.

    For the first time in a long time Blizzard have added a new system that is, so far, a fantastic QOL addition to the game. I hope they don't tarnish it by listening to the madness coming from people who just want to kill off existing flying for no good reason.

  10. #310
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Somewhere with trees
    Posts
    298
    I feel like a broken record repeating this -

    People keep freaking out that legacy flying is being replaced. It's not. It's being added back in a content patch, and internally, legacy flying mounts are already known as 'floating mounts', which has been in since before even the prepatch when all of the files were downloaded. Floating mounts are not going away. They are being recontextualized as a mid-expac convenience feature rather than a main travel method.

    Do not cry. Do not fret. You have your options. It just needs Pathfinder like all of the other Pathfinder expansions. Then you can have walking-speed flying back so you can AFK towards your objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

  11. #311
    Half the selling point of dragonriding is the customization. If players weren't so hellbent on keeping stuff exactly the same (#nochanges), then old mounts could actually get some great customization (maybe a face lift for 18 year old low poly models?). Mount equipment could have been the first step. Probably not gonna happen, it's quite resource heavy proposition.
    But without customization, I don't think I will miss dragonriding that much (and this is why I hesitate to collect customization for my drakes, because I don't know what's the plan with them). It's too buggy and overall inconvenient. Like when you arrive to the ground and the dragon keeps sliding on the ground, oftentimes backwards. Or when it doesn't react to steering. Or when you get dc-ed when flying too fast/landing too fast/waddling in the water too fast. (probably some anti cheat mechanic of the game? Still happens to demon hunters as well, I imagine dracthyrs gonna join that fun club too). Or how you can't idle in the air, you have to look for a surface to stay in place. Or when you run out of vigor and your drake just stops flying and falls downwards. Or when you try to land on a mountain peak, it's really difficult and annoying to find landable surface. I'm looking at you Dragonscale Expedition: The Highest Peaks
    I constantly find myself running out of vigor in Taldraszus when I want to quickly go from low ground to high ground (rushing to an announced rare for example)
    It it's a toggle, then I'd probably pick the old fashioned flying. Speed is cool with dragonriding, but the hassle is too much atm.
    Last edited by Lei; 2022-12-03 at 07:53 AM.

  12. #312
    I would be extremely surprised if by the end of 10.0 most people aren't tired of the feature. It's great as a minigame and novelty, but I'm already way past the point where I just had enough. It's way too active of a playstyle for something as simple as travel, and I find it extremely exhausting that I have to constantly be 'on'. And ironically when you mess up you literally have to go afk until vigor recharges because the terrain just isn't designed for ground mounts. It's great for long distances, but for everything else it's just annoying.

    And I can guarantee you, when they finally add normal flying, it'll feel waaaaaay too slow for these gigantic zones. They'll need to bring it out with at least 500% speed or it'll barely be usable.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    People keep freaking out that legacy flying is being replaced. It's not. It's being added back in a content patch, and internally, legacy flying mounts are already known as 'floating mounts', which has been in since before even the prepatch when all of the files were downloaded. Floating mounts are not going away. They are being recontextualized as a mid-expac convenience feature rather than a main travel method.
    Do you have any references to any of that? All I've seen is the devs saying we'd get regular flying back, nothing in the game files and this is the first time I've seen the term "floating mounts".

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I would be extremely surprised if by the end of 10.0 most people aren't tired of the feature. It's great as a minigame and novelty, but I'm already way past the point where I just had enough. It's way too active of a playstyle for something as simple as travel, and I find it extremely exhausting that I have to constantly be 'on'. And ironically when you mess up you literally have to go afk until vigor recharges because the terrain just isn't designed for ground mounts. It's great for long distances, but for everything else it's just annoying.

    And I can guarantee you, when they finally add normal flying, it'll feel waaaaaay too slow for these gigantic zones. They'll need to bring it out with at least 500% speed or it'll barely be usable.
    That is such a gross take. Disgusting.

    Every time I hear someone defend legacy flying I basically hear them wanting blizzard to enable the cheat menu so they can toggle no-clip god mode.

    If you don’t want to play the game, find someone else to enjoy.

  15. #315
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    I feel like a broken record repeating this -

    People keep freaking out that legacy flying is being replaced. It's not.
    Like I said here to a different poster, you do know that the entire premise of this thread is the OP wishing that basic flying was removed altogether and replaced by dragonriding in all zones and expansions, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Like I said here to a different poster, you do know that the entire premise of this thread is the OP wishing that basic flying was removed altogether and replaced by dragonriding in all zones and expansions, right?
    It's not only that, though; by not removing legacy flying, you're taking on additional baggage always to consider moving forward rather than innovating and building upon the features of Dragonflying. Legacy flying is a blight on WoW that interferes with many aspects of the game. It's no different than turning on a cheat mode and activating /noclip mode or god mode. It's a completely broken mechanic that people have been conditioned to think is healthy for the game. But it is not. It's like wanting the flying mode from creative Minecraft in survival Minecraft; they are at odds with one another.

    In future expansions, I hope they strive to flesh out newer and other fun ways to traverse the land. Give me an underwater or island-based expansion, it takes place in an archipelago with a special unique mount that specializes in traversing that type of landscape like the Skimmer from Guild Wars 2. I personally want more fun world exploration, and we can not have that with legacy flying remaining in the game.



    Defending legacy flying just means you're defending the desire to have a shittier less engaging game.
    Last edited by Kilrox; 2022-12-03 at 05:24 PM.

  17. #317
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrox View Post
    It's not only that, though; by not removing legacy flying, you're taking on additional baggage always to consider moving forward rather than innovating and building upon the features of Dragonflying.
    Wrong. Keeping the original flight mechanic in the game in no way, shape or form affects the "innovation and building upon the features" of dragonriding. The original flight feature requires no update. All the work that has to be done in a map to accommodate dragonriding also accommodates the original flight mechanic by default. It's like motorbikes and cars: both use the exact same streets.

    Legacy flying is a blight on WoW that interferes with many aspects of the game. It's no different than turning on a cheat mode and activating /noclip mode or god mode.
    It "interferes with many aspects of the game" as much as dragonriding does.

    It's a completely broken mechanic that people have been conditioned to think is healthy for the game. But it is not.
    Big claims. Why is it not?

    It's like wanting the flying mode from creative Minecraft in survival Minecraft; they are at odds with one another.
    Except those aren't even comparable. You can still die with the original flight mechanic, while in MC creative you cannot. You can't spawn any item you want as many times you want anytime you want, while in MC creative you can. You're literally comparing apples to rocks.

    Defending legacy flying just means you're defending the desire to have a shittier less engaging game.
    Nah, you're wrong. Defending legacy flying means defending the ability to choose which mechanic I wish to engage in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  18. #318
    Great cuckhold system that should not have left internal testing servers.

    Even if you get your hacks on enabling all the stamina in the world, it's still an illusion, and your mount is still controling you, and not the other way around.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrong. Keeping the original flight mechanic in the game in no way, shape or form affects the "innovation and building upon the features" of dragonriding. The original flight feature requires no update. All the work that has to be done in a map to accommodate dragonriding also accommodates the original flight mechanic by default. It's like motorbikes and cars: both use the exact same streets.


    It "interferes with many aspects of the game" as much as dragonriding does.


    Big claims. Why is it not?


    Except those aren't even comparable. You can still die with the original flight mechanic, while in MC creative you cannot. You can't spawn any item you want as many times you want anytime you want, while in MC creative you can. You're literally comparing apples to rocks.


    Nah, you're wrong. Defending legacy flying means defending the ability to choose which mechanic I wish to engage in.
    Look, all you need to look at is Blizzard figuring out solutions for every single expansion since its inception on ways to control its implementation in the game because it completely invalidates level design; it trivializes it entirely. It provides an overpowering method of controlling the player's character.

    And I know I'm right because the only defense anyone has in favor of keeping Legacy flying around is that "it's more convenient." Right, exactly, like any other broken mechanic in any game. There is virtually no reason not to have Dragonflying completely replace it, as long as a few more abilities are added, like providing a method for the player to hover at some cost. I can also understand being sour over not being able to use all the mounts you've earned, but I think that's a muted problem that can be resolved over time by introducing them as total conversion skins, as we see for the storm proto-drake mount reward.

    I'm done with this broken record reply. If you don't get it, you won't get it.
    Last edited by Kilrox; 2022-12-03 at 10:26 PM.

  20. #320
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrox View Post
    Look, all you need to look at is Blizzard figuring out solutions for every single expansion since its inception on ways to control its implementation in the game because it completely invalidates level design; it trivializes it entirely. It provides an overpowering method of controlling the player's character.
    Guess what? Dragonriding "completely invalidates level design" and "trivializes it entirely" just as much as regular flying does. Even much more so, in a sense, when you consider that dragonriding can be twice as fast as the original flight mechanic.

    And I know I'm right
    Then you already defeated yourself, because in that sentence you basically admitted that you're close-minded and won't even attempt to look at the issue from someone else's standpoint. The only "broken record" here is you, unfortunately.

    If you don't get it, you won't get it.
    Same as above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •