Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,733
    Old flying > dragon riding.

    It is annoying and a lot of us simply don´t need/want it.

    I am cool with it existing, I think it is good that they made it. But replacing old flying is a big failure.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    They should remove walking at all. It's immersive but bad for exploration speed and leveling.
    C wut I did here?

    The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean it should be removed.

    And if you don't like it - don't use it. Simple.
    The main reason I don't like flying is that it absolutely kills world PvP. In the recent expansions, I've had a lot of fun with the world PvP, but as soon as flying becomes a thing, world PvP stops existing. Me not flying will obviously not fix this.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    They should remove walking at all. It's immersive but bad for exploration speed and leveling.
    C wut I did here?

    The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean it should be removed.

    And if you don't like it - don't use it. Simple.


    First i started writing arguments, but then i decided to stop, cause its a waste of time to talk with people like you, who think everything will be fine when you just prune yourself, but its not. But you wont get the point or change your mind/view, so its just a waste of time.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    No entirely. There is something called animation retargeting they could deploy that could transfer the animation from one skeleton to another.
    it would still be man hours,

    as yes they can use animation retargeting, but the old style rigs werent designed with this,

    they could break models or worse screw them entirely, its not an easy fix as just copying and pasting as you suggest it is.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They said that starting with DF they're focusing more on doing evergreen features and not just expansion one-offs. I don't know how they'd bring it forward but I think they already hinted that it's sticking around.
    At this point, If Blizzard said the sun would rise in the East tomorrow, I'd be skeptical.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/SGi3Y6D

    This is how it feels on live now after finally trying the Soar ability, even as just a simplified version it immediately made me hate coming back to normal flying. I can not wait until Dragonflight comes out just so I can spend time flying around, it's so refreshing. I swear, this better become evergreen and the start of 'mount classes' in Warcraft just like how they have a variety of 'mount classes' in Guild Wars 2.

    I really hope that by the end of this expansion, all of the Dragon, Pterrordax, Gryphons, Wyrms, and Protos have their animations retargeted so they can be integrated into the new flight system. Then over the next few expansions, they should slowly come up with other 'mount classes' for mounts that don't fit in those previously mentioned classes. I'd love to see all sorts of new methods of traveling.

    Dragonflying is probably the single most refreshing updated mechanic WoW has received since launch and I hope it does to travel what Mythic+ did for dungeons.
    How about no? How about you just have your dragonmount work in other areas and leave the others be so those that want regular flying can have it? You are not the only one playing the game.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-11-19 at 12:40 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    How about no? How about you just have your dragonmount work in other areas and leave the others be so those that want regular flying can have it? You are not the only one playing the game.
    I think I'd consider that if regular flying wasn't just /noclip with no mechanics or anything to make engaging gameplay that contributes nothing but degenerative behavior.

    Seriously, explain to me how legacy flying isn't degenerative game design.
    Last edited by Sugani; 2022-11-19 at 12:49 AM.

  8. #28
    It really just doesn't make a lick of sense for any flying creature/apparatus that doesn't use flapping wings. All the magical flying mounts that step through the air, those that have fast beating scaled wings (like insects), those which worm their way through space or all the mechanical mounts with scientific(fictional) propulsions. None of them work sensibly with dragonflying. If anything Blizzard should maybe create some broad mount categories (like GW2) and use them going forward with different feature sets. Bending everything into a pretzel to fit the DF gimmik is just bad design. Not to mention there are indeed accessibility issues for some people.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-11-19 at 05:56 AM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    Seriously, explain to me how legacy flying isn't degenerative game design.
    It gets me to the fun part of the game faster.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    The main reason I don't like flying is that it absolutely kills world PvP. In the recent expansions, I've had a lot of fun with the world PvP, but as soon as flying becomes a thing, world PvP stops existing. Me not flying will obviously not fix this.
    This is why I like Dragonriding personally! It has a cooldown. If normal flying was replaced with dragonriding, youd be able to get to where you need to go at an awesome speed, then leave when youre done with it, but none of the current thing where you jist wait from a safe distance, gank slmebody, then nope out of there as soon as theres an opening.

    I fucking love dragonriding, man. Would 100% prefer it and jist delete the old system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It gets me to the fun part of the game faster.
    Not faster than Dragonriding, lol.

  11. #31
    I don't want my everyday movement to be a minigame.

    I want it to be at best a fire-and-forget afk-while-doing-it necessity that happens in between the things I ACTUALLY want to be doing.

    Movement isn't and shouldn't be "content". It's what connects actual content.

  12. #32
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/SGi3Y6D

    This is how it feels on live now after finally trying the Soar ability, even as just a simplified version it immediately made me hate coming back to normal flying. I can not wait until Dragonflight comes out just so I can spend time flying around, it's so refreshing. I swear, this better become evergreen and the start of 'mount classes' in Warcraft just like how they have a variety of 'mount classes' in Guild Wars 2.

    I really hope that by the end of this expansion, all of the Dragon, Pterrordax, Gryphons, Wyrms, and Protos have their animations retargeted so they can be integrated into the new flight system. Then over the next few expansions, they should slowly come up with other 'mount classes' for mounts that don't fit in those previously mentioned classes. I'd love to see all sorts of new methods of traveling.

    Dragonflying is probably the single most refreshing updated mechanic WoW has received since launch and I hope it does to travel what Mythic+ did for dungeons.
    I have only done Dracthyr starting zone once, but I can already say; NO FUCKING WAY!

    Dragon flying is horrible, rwstrictive and annoying........And on a freaking 5 minutes CD for a few seconds of flight.

    Normal flight remains the single best addition to the game and nothing in the last 15 years have even come close.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    The main reason I don't like flying is that it absolutely kills world PvP. In the recent expansions, I've had a lot of fun with the world PvP, but as soon as flying becomes a thing, world PvP stops existing. Me not flying will obviously not fix this.
    Flying doesn't kill world PvP.
    PvP is, and always was, a thing for a very very small minority, in a PvE game.

    Ganking low-level players near flight masters IS NOT PvP, it's disrupting other people's game time.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  13. #33
    People are going to get tried of Dragonriding very fast

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    Dragonflying is probably the single most refreshing updated mechanic WoW has received since launch and I hope it does to travel what Mythic+ did for dungeons.
    Nope, I'm still good with flying as is. Not really fond of the Dragon Isles one. It's fine for where it is, but no I don't want it replaced everywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    Seriously, explain to me how legacy flying isn't degenerative game design.
    What exactly makes it bad for the game? The only thing that has anything to stand on is PvP and even then World PvP isn't as popular as everyone thinks it is.

  15. #35
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,120
    Why not just have both for people who like one or the other? Why does one need to be removed?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Why not just have both for people who like one or the other? Why does one need to be removed?
    Exactly, just make it a choice people can make.

  17. #37
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,262
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I have only done Dracthyr starting zone once, but I can already say; NO FUCKING WAY!

    Dragon flying is horrible, rwstrictive and annoying........And on a freaking 5 minutes CD for a few seconds of flight.

    Normal flight remains the single best addition to the game and nothing in the last 15 years have even come close.
    I fucking love how everything in this post is wrong.
    1- dragon riding does not work like the Dracthyr soar racial, the soar racial is a super basic version of dragon riding that is just supposed to be a racial
    2- dragon riding does not have a cooldown, it has an energy bar that refills as you fly fast. Or stay on the ground, or gather, or kill.
    3- even the dracthyr soar racial does not have a 5 minute cooldown.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Why not just have both for people who like one or the other? Why does one need to be removed?
    In my dream game we got both, also we got instant mount up druid style and interactions not dismounting ( mining, herbalism, quest item pickup )

  19. #39
    'Legacy flying' should remain exactly as it is, there's no reason to change or remove it. You're going to move slower than dragonriding and that's perfectly fine because there is no required interactions - simply point and go.

    Dragonriding should be extended to the entire in-game world and as a 'reward' for it's required interactions you move significantly faster. Simple.

  20. #40
    WoW is played by a wide variety of people, some of whom have disabilities including not being able to optimally use their hands.

    Normal flying can be done by using literally one finger. I love dragonflying too, but would never advocate to replace normal flying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •