Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    Nahh.

I like hovering in mid-air with my flying mount. Even upside-down too, as it freaks out some of the players who think I'm cheating/exploiting bugs.

Its obvious at this point that we are going to either see a complete replacement of the old flight model or some sort of co-feature-thing.

The only people that are currently against this are the trolls.

Dragonflying is going to cause a lot of polarization and it will not end well.

My prediction is that it is another gimmick that BlizZard will shelve like garrisons and the potential for player housing.

Best case: Make both available everywhere. don't have to disable one for the other

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Dragonflying is going to cause a lot of polarization and it will not end well.

My prediction is that it is another gimmick that BlizZard will shelve like garrisons and the potential for player housing.
    TLDR: this person hasnt tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    TLDR: this person hasnt tried it.
    Actually I am in beta but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    They should remove flying at all. Yeah its super fast and comfortable, but its bad for immersion.
    Define immersion. Is it when you go do the same daily for the 34th time? Or when you level up your 24th alt? It's an mmo based on repeatable content, immersion only happens once when you do content the very first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Because it's **not** just about getting from point A to point B. Yiu have flightpaths for that, and portals, and DRAGONRIDING. If you want to get from one hub to the next, deagonriding is literally superior. The only thing an infinite hover allows is exploitation in WPVP.

Would you want to allow flying in Battlegrounds next? Should M+ be allowed to skip trash with flying? Like damn
    World pvp? You're joking, right? This is about in the same line with "immersion". Oh no, flying kills the balanced and fair world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    This is further expanded, the five core dragonflying mounts are clearly using the standard Drake, Gryphon, Wyrm, Pterrordax, and Proto-drake. That knocks out a very large portion of flying mounts. Then they can apply this same style of flying to other mounts where it fits.
    Over 500 mounts would need to be worked on, what about the helicopter mounts and such, mounts with no wings, its a ton of work for very little or no purpose, current system works best, you can choose to be able to fly normally or choose for a faster version of travel, you wanting to take away player choice is a bad thing.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I would like both being available.

I havent played beta so I dont know just how far you can upgrade the new flying style. For the already available version of Soar with dracthyr I have been using it for quick flights. Its faster than mounted flying. Yet, it does not get me across continent. At least not yet.

Could the good separation point be that dragonflying is the flight option that is faster, but you have to pay attention and has some limitations.
    Ordinary flying is slower, but you can point a direction and go watch youtube and perfect control to go, say, pick herbs or some such.

Yet, whatever the end result is, I would prefer old flying to stay, but I would also like to keep dragonflying. Even the little amount I have got to use it on dracthyr is that i like it.

I am fine with it if i can just get to instanced content extremely fast and do not have to actually interact with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It gets me to the fun part of the game faster.
    Except it doesn't? With your mount it flies there at 310% speed. With my dragonriding, I fly there at 910% speed.
    So i'll be getting there almost 3 times faster... So you think fun part is faster? Gratz, you prefer dragonriding.
    But you and everyone else would know this if you had actually tried it... But in 1 months, everyone will love it.
    You heard it here first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually I am in beta but thanks.
    Actually I dont believe you for one second.
    This feature is here to stay... It's just too good and read above. You haven't tried it at max level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still haven't seen any proper argument as to why they should remove normal flying, instead of just having both.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Except it doesn't? With your mount it flies there at 310% speed. With my dragonriding, I fly there at 910% speed.
    So i'll be getting there almost 3 times faster... So you think fun part is faster? Gratz, you prefer dragonriding.
    But you and everyone else would know this if you had actually tried it... But in 1 months, everyone will love it.
    You heard it here first.

- - - Updated - - -

This feature is here to stay... It's just too good and read above. You haven't tried it at max level.
    I have. I hate it. Congrats on already being wrong. You are massively projecting your own opinion here.

"I have no proof that you're not in beta and haven't tried this at max level. But to further my argument, I'm going to say you aren't because people who disagree with me obviously lie about not liking it."

See, that's not a good faith argument there. And if you're just looking for an echo chamber, this ain't the place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I have. I hate it. Congrats on already being wrong. You are massively projecting your own opinion here.
    Well, i dont believe you either as mentioned in my previous interaction with you on the same topic. Sure, you could be the exception but I also know you around these forums

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    "I have no proof that you're not in beta and haven't tried this at max level. But to further my argument, I'm going to say you aren't because people who disagree with me obviously lie about not liking it."

See, that's not a good faith argument there. And if you're just looking for an echo chamber, this ain't the place for it.
    Yes, because time and time again, with pretty much every interaction i've had with people on the topic has turned out they were lying and hadn't at all tried it with all glyphs, maxed out system and zones.
    Of course there is gonna be people who dont like it, nothing is universally loved... However... This will be a smash hit success loved by a vast majority of the playerbase and it will be carried forward into future expansions.

Well, i dont believe you either as mentioned in my previous interaction with you on the same topic. Sure, you could be the exception but I also know you around these forums

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because time and time again, with pretty much every interaction i've had with people on the topic has turned out they were lying and hadn't at all tried it with all glyphs, maxed out system and zones.
    Of course there is gonna be people who dont like it, nothing is universally loved... However... This will be a smash hit success loved by a vast majority of the playerbase and it will be carried forward into future expansions.
    Go make your own topic then. If all you have to say is "You're a liar you haven't done it blahblahblah" it's a waste of everyone's time and breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Go make your own topic then. If all you have to say is "You're a liar you haven't done it blahblahblah" it's a waste of everyone's time and breath.
    Nah, i'm good. I think its a good thing having a discussion about it, specially when people are being disengous about the system and just joining the usual hate train towards blizzard. You dont have to interact with me either, you're not really adding anything of value yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    in 1 months, everyone will love it.
    I know i won't. I rather just fly to the fun rather then play some lame mini game.

Sucks Cloud Serpents werent added as a viable dragonriding mount. They would look so cool doing all those sweeps and turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Sucks Cloud Serpents werent added as a viable dragonriding mount. They would look so cool doing all those sweeps and turns.
    They have been. There is a cloud serpent variant now. At least it was shown on WoW Head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Dragonflying is objectively a better version of flying in every single way. This has nothing to do with opinions.