Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Why is that when people want a new class they want one of the specs to be a tanking one. What is sooo wrong with all 3 specs being DPS. I mean warlock, mage, and rogue (Just to name a few) do just fine without tanking.
    I don't think it was so much about necessarily wanting variety as it was about other facts.

-having a new class with a tank spec might get more people to tank; tank shortage isn't going to be solved by this, but it might at least do a little bit
    -tank felt like an obvious choice for Evoker, as dragons tend to be big meaty monsters and their scales etc. are renowned for their durability
    -only 2 specs feels lazy to some people, as though design just decided to save money and not add a 3rd; with DH at least it makes sense since there isn't really a natural 3rd that fits
    -tank players might be disappointed they don't get to be a dragon, meaning they as a role got excluded from "the new hot thing" and would have to either DPS or heal

And I'm sure there's more.

Why is that when people want a new class they want one of the specs to be a tanking one. What is sooo wrong with all 3 specs being DPS. I mean warlock, mage, and rogue (Just to name a few) do just fine without tanking.
    3 DPS specs was fine come early WoW, when classes were designed to be as open as possible to catch a wide idea of general archetypes in how a class is presented. Once we get more specific classes that don't have that wide capture requirement, trying to stretch them into multiple DPS specs seems to absolutely stretch things. See the 3rd specs for DHs requests that go "Ah, yes, let's add a ranged spec to the class known for fighting exclusively in melee combat with warglaives"

plus like, there's a non-zero amount of people who want Warlock Tank Spec as a thing, and giving people at least the option to tank and heal may increase the likelihood they will

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    I wouldn't think the "One spec for each flight" thing was too common as imagine folks would figure "Yeah, if they're not giving us Gladiator Stance back, we're not getting 5 specs". But, they were an RPG class so I figured folks broke it down into the "DPS, Heals, Tank" thing using various abilities. I know I mentioned some stuff about 'hey let's get a time magic based healer using bronze powers', and that'd obviously synergise with either red or green from there, but... After Legion, I doubt any folks were seriously considering 5 specs being viable when its very clear if a spec isn't doing enough to distinquish itself, its on the chopping board

Most of the stuff race wise I'd seen was for Draknoids, with maybe a touch of "Hey remember that random humanoid dragon guy in BWD". Mind my biggest hope was we get a dragon race that changes between Sandstone Drake-esque form to a visage, but, well, that ain't happening
    Even a three spec "DPS/Heals/Tank" hybrid would've been preferable to what we wound up with. Alas.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, three classes where people have wanted there to be tanking or heals for years. Time-based Healer Mage spec? Yep, that's been an idea. A demon-transforming Tank Warlock spec? Been discussed. A dodge and parry heavy Tank Rogue? Yep, that one too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Depends...maybe its a 4 spec class like druids? :P

For me , i rather have a 2 spec class with in depth specs. then a forced 3 spec class. with a tacked on 3 spec.

As for hero classes....yeah i agree. They need to be 1 every 3 expansions MAX.
    Honestly if we didn’t get four specs with a class based on the 5 Dragonflights, a four spec class simply isn’t in the cards. I can think of no other class concept that could support 4 specs except maybe the Mechanic/Tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no issue with classes that have multiple DPS specs. My point is that Blizzard seems to be moving away from classes having more than one DPS spec, and seemingly is pushing the notion that you can merge two DPS concepts under one spec via talents.

3+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I hope its a Necromancer class. We just had an expansion themed around the Afterlife and various beings that inhabit it. But with today's Blizzard I could see them having a spec based around Kyrians/Venthyr and Night Fae/Necrolords. They could do four but I think that would be insulting to Druids. Just no Maw BS. And since Evokers just filled the 'missing Mail class' slot, I think Necromancers should wear Leather. Because y'know wearing the skin if dead creatures makes sense for them

Yes, I KNOW Death Knights exist. I want a LIVING Death magic user, not a former soldier of the Lich King.
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2022-11-29 at 12:50 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honestly if we didn’t get four specs with a class based on the 5 Dragonflights, a four spec class simply isn’t in the cards. I can think of no other class concept that could support 4 specs except maybe the Mechanic/Tinker.
    I think a 4 spec is pretty much not doable without sounding stupid. Look at rogue's, hunters 3 specs is barely working. They had rework some of those specs several times to make it work.
    Think mage or paladin is a good example if it just working.