Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Were you good at sports in school?

I wasn't , I was one of the worst in school.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Was a great punter in american football, and loved playing left wing in rugby in high school.

I was pretty decent at sprinting, not so much at longer runs. as a very young child I also did gymnastics, but at that age cartoons were more important to me then training, so the moment I got an excuse to throw a tantrum to quit - I did (fell of parallel bars and it was just bruising, but it was enough of an excuse for me)

teamsports? I kinda sucked. mostly cause my aim is crappy, so whether it was throwing the ball or kicking the ball or bouncing the ball - I was more likely to miss than to hit. the only game I could play ok-sih was a weird variant of volleball that people outside of USSR may not even know anything about, where you were allowed to catch a ball before throwing it (and it was teams of 6 or was it 8?) , and catching i could do so I would be placed in a spot where I would catch it and then throw it to the nearest teammate who would then pitch it across the net.

I was the fast/agile kid so I was great at things like soccer, floorball, dodge ball and things like that.

100/200m track, had a few district records during my time. I should have stayed with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played tight end and defense tackle for American football in high school and I can say I was decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit sports when I got to high school. My biggest feat, and it honestly wasn’t that big, was making ODP when I was in 6th grade. Then WoW came out and I didn’t care about soccer and just wanted to stay home and play WoW.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was okay...I thought about maybe joining the football team for a short time...playing through a few weeks of flag football in gym I was passed to a lot, but that idea kinda died after a teammate got jealous of me being passed to so much and literally deflected a pass with his body meant for me

I was alright at handball, well I could catch the ball and pass it quickly and accurately, also because I have always been quite.. Stocky I guess, I am not impressively tall at 1,76 but my shoulders and chest are rather broad so I was good at blocking shots and making sure the opposing players couldn't get an opening to throw the ball in the net.

And my rather solid frame did help somewhat when it came to things like wrestling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing a lot of handball back then. As a goalie made it to the regional team.

Nope. I've always been terrible at anything that required the least bit of motor coordination, be it sports or more technical skills like machining, woodworks etc (even though I like both of these).
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I wasn't , I was one of the worst in school.
    nope - because of old outdated way they are appoaching sports in school in my country

i always had small problems with coordination due to me wearing glasses which meant i sucked in volleyball/football/basketball when i took them off and in primary school it was like 90% of time combination of those 3

it went better in high school when those were less used and we also spend a lot of time doing track exercises - like runing etc + gym .

especially gym changed my life - found that sport can be fun - i added to this swimming in pool which i always enjoyed , jogging , and few others

in general i wish they changed PE in my country - and added much more modern elements - there is no reason to not introduce crossfitt and similiar etc to schools - especially girls would benefit a lot from introduction of fitness elements because they always here hated doing things like football/basketball - but were always forced to - which ended in a lot of them skipping PE completly

Didn't have organized sports in school, but I did get picked among the last for the class soccer matches.

He really didn’t like sports as a child, except football

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not in any of the conventional sports that were offered at my high school.

I did Olympic and Kosen style judo growing up and was very competitive in it. I was able to travel around the US and to several countries to compete (Japan and Canada are my two favorites).

15+ Year Old Account
    I was always picked first.
    Funny, I never learned to swim in school. Which was a requirement to pass the class. But since I was great at everything else, the teacher let me pass with the next best score.

I was an excellent student

I had quit by the time I had gotten to Highschool. Played football, soccer and baseball prior to that. I was offered a spot on the baseball team but turned it down.

I knew at a young age I was good enough to get a music scholarship so I concentrated on that, which I'm happy to say I did end up getting.

Hell yea, I was pretty sick at Madden94

Nope. not really into sports