Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    If only the Ghanan player hadn't slipped in the end :'(
    If Penaldo gets a penalty, that was one too.

lets see what the hype around brazil is then.

who would you start as GK, gotta be allison for me, nice lad nice mustache no neck tattoo
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-11-24 at 06:24 PM.

Oh boy, I turned the match off after Ronaldo's penalty, thought Portugal would kill the match fast after that. Guess I missed a lot.

I wouldn't count Serbia out vs Brazil, though I think a lot will depend on the ref. Serbia fouls a lot and gets red cards every 2nd match, they also score and concede a ton of goals, so it can be a very volatile match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh nice, this is going to be a diving competition between Neymar and Tadic

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Only knockout stages is hilarious. Good luck bringing 211 countries back to 32 with only knockout games.

5.2 million fans visited the WC in 2014. So as a host you're allowed to host the cup, spend millions to Mae you stadiums eligible but not get the benefits off visitors ( read money )
    I never suggested removing qualification stage. What I suggested is removing inequality from it, e.g. regional principle.

And yes, “money” factor has to be either totally removed - or this event should stop being called a sports event.

- - - Updated - - -

“ Honestly, either use the VAR on everything or don't even bother
    What's the point of having cameras, a chip and I don't know what else if you can't use it when required by the players or manager?”

As long as this remains to be a show, not a sports event - nobody would care about fairness or equality. No wonder VAR or other non-biased means are not mandatory: that would ruin the show aspect of this, which is bad for revenues

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    And yes, “money” factor has to be either totally removed - or this event should stop being called a sports event.
    That's it, people, it's time to unlearn whatever you've been thinking about sports until now. There has never been a sports event in the entire history of humanity, because they were always about money to some extent, thereby disqualifying them from being a "sports event".

What a shot, almost deserved better than the post

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't continue going like this, deservedly Brazil ahead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    That's it, people, it's time to unlearn whatever you've been thinking about sports until now. There has never been a sports event in the entire history of humanity, because they were always about money to some extent, thereby disqualifying them from being a "sports event".
    Have you seen Drudi's post history? It's pretty hilarious
    ---
    Serbia's defense is terrible btw
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Alright, now it's over. Expected more from Serbs and less from Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Have you seen Drudi's post history? It's pretty hilarious
    I mean at this point I'm mostly certain I got baited, but I'm not even mad, it's quality trolling.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2022-11-24 at 08:39 PM.

I mean at this point I'm mostly certain I got baited, but I'm not even mad, it's quality trolling.
    You mean we wont see 211 nations at the WC, with every decision having to go through VAR to have football become a sport?

10+ Year Old Account
    Serbia keep playing like that and it will be 0 points and 0 goals scored. Like watching the worst of Tony Pulis.

Iranian team broke and sang their anthem, or at least moved their lips. Can't blame them, though.

Iranian team broke and sang their anthem, or at least moved their lips. Can't blame them, though.
    Yeah their old captain got arrested today, I would have.

Another head injury where the ref didn't stop it. Not as severe as the others but he did get kicked in the head

- - - Updated - - -

I reckon Qatar just don't have the population to fill stadiums and they can only hold a few hundred thousand away fans.

- - - Updated - - -

if that iranian forward was a little faster Wales would be in real trouble

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not sure if Wales are playing poor, or this Iranian side is better than they looked against England.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'm still not sure if Wales are playing poor, or this Iranian side is better than they looked against England.
    A bit of each, Iran definitely look way more comfortable, partly because Wales is not stressing them the same way England was. It's very worrisome for Wales as the goal difference might come into play, even if they win, and it doesn't look like they'll pull through a big win at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooof. Wales got away with the scare there

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    I reckon Qatar just don't have the population to fill stadiums and they can only hold a few hundred thousand away fans.
    They are simply not interested in football. Peeps were leaving stadium en masse during half-time in first Qatar game.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a straight red any day.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Yeah, keeper clearly lost his head there, never any reason to kick for the ball in that manner, wild

- - - Updated - - -

Well deserved

lets gooooooooooo

this sets up the 2nd place nicely