Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can't play with VPN?

Hey,
    So I decided to reinstall this game after waiting for this game to go to beta,
    I have to use a VPN ( Private Internet Access ) on my main computer for security reasons and personal use.

I have no trouble playing any other game, but when I joined in with my friend. I was having major issues.

he wasn't able to see me but I was able to see him in real-time. when I looked at him he was all deformed too.
    then I wasn't able to loot anything or extract out. the only thing I was able to do was exit the game by force.
    I tried doing multiple rounds and a similar situation happens too.
    I also would waste a full mag, and the gun would lock up and I wouldn't be able to reload.

I have a great connection with the VPN to anything. I even downloaded this game at 10mb/s. I don't understand why I would have this extreme desync/network issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hoshanaeckhart View Post
    Hey,
    I have to use a VPN ( Private Internet Access ) on my main computer for security reasons and personal use.

I have no trouble playing any other game, but when I joined in with my friend. I was having major issues.

he wasn't able to see me but I was able to see him in real-time. when I looked at him he was all deformed too.
    then I wasn't able to loot anything or extract out. the only thing I was able to do was exit the game by force.
    I also would waste a full mag, and the gun would lock up and I wouldn't be able to reload.

I have a great connection with the
    VPN to anything. I even downloaded this game at 10mb/s. I don't understand why I would have this extreme desync/network issue.
    thanks for any help

You really should consider which forum you post stuff like this in....

I think you have the wrong forum my friend.

Is this some kind of chat AI? Just looked through their post history and I can't see a human writing everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Is this some kind of chat AI? Just looked through their post history and I can't see a human writing everything...
    Probably using google translator, and it's not really accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with VPN without any trouble. I use NordVPN on EU WoW.

1. Check if You Have Internet Access
    2. Restart/Reinstall Your VPN Software
    3. Use a Different VPN Protocol
    4. Check if Your Chosen VPN Server is Working
    5. Restart/Reinstall Your Web Browser
    6. Check if the Right Ports are Open
    7. Stop Firewall from Blocking VPN
    8. Contact Customer Support
    9. Check your credentials
    Do check out PureVPN's crazy Black Friday deal as they are offering 88% off on 5-year plan.
    What a huge discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ROR View Post
    I play with VPN without any trouble. I use NordVPN on EU WoW.
    While this thread is very ehh now, but aint that risky. I just worry Blizzard auto bans accounts using VPNs. Well any online game. I would just never risk that. Or maybe im very ignorant on this topic.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    While this thread is very ehh now, but aint that risky. I just worry Blizzard auto bans accounts using VPNs. Well any online game. I would just never risk that. Or maybe im very ignorant on this topic.
    Its the later, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Good to know. I thought about paying for a VPN some day, more to unlock content on Netflix or some, but I would worry about using it for online games cause companies be stupid ^^
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

No worries, so are VPN users. Those who blindly believe the marketing speeches that is. So, yea works both ways

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know. I thought about paying for a VPN some day, more to unlock content on Netflix or some, but I would worry about using it for online games cause companies be stupid ^^
    For Netflix etc it's fine, and can be used. Even though Netflix is working against it more and more sadly.

For safety/security? It's absolutely laughable. Especially as a non US resident, to use a US company for your safety. A company that is required by law to store all their data/ip adresses used (nordVPN even ammended their ToC and such for this lately) in case it's needed for a investigation.

Far as blizzard is concerned? They care about some hardware id markers.
    They don't care what protocol you use to connect to them, its irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    For safety/security? It's absolutely laughable. Especially as a non US resident, to use a US company for your safety. A company that is required by law to store all their data/ip adresses used (nordVPN even ammended their ToC and such for this lately) in case it's needed for a investigation.
    Depends what you're actually using it for.
    People think VPN is used to hide who you are, which its not.
    ipsec IS a secure protocol and its business standard as well, so you can "laugh" all you want but thats because you dont know what you're actually talking about, kinda like djuntas but at least he's aware about it.
    You are correct in that using a 3rd party vpn could very well (and often does) mean all your traffic is logged. That doesn't make the technology unsafe or not secure, it just falls under "I'm a stupid user trying to use things that are not meant for that" type of deal.

Far as blizzard is concerned? They care about some hardware id markers.
    They don't care what protocol you use to connect to them, its irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends what you're actually using it for.
    ipsec IS a secure protocol and its business standard as well, so you can "laugh" all you want but thats because you dont know what you're actually talking about, kinda like djuntas but at least he's aware about it.
    You are correct in that using a 3rd party vpn could very well (and often does) mean all your traffic is logged. That doesn't make the technology unsafe or not secure, it just falls under "I'm a stupid user trying to use things that are not meant for that" type of deal.
    Yea.. except I was talking about the tons of youtube sponsored bullshit claiming you are "protected" and "invisible" online, which you're not. Claiming anything otherwise is just plain ignorance. There is a reason any decent big company uses an inhouse VPN solution instead of relying on a cloud based/other company based (whichever you want) VPN.
    Then again, I luckily have no idea about VPN or security, even though it's been my job for years kek

There is a reason any decent big company uses an inhouse VPN solution instead of relying on a cloud based/other company based (whichever you want) VPN.
    Yeah it's called GDPR. And if it wasn't for that, it'd be foolish not to use your own network purely because ease of it all.

Yea.. except I was talking about the tons of youtube sponsored bullshit claiming you are "protected" and "invisible" online, which you're not. Claiming anything otherwise is just plain ignorance. There is a reason any decent big company uses an inhouse VPN solution instead of relying on a cloud based/other company based (whichever you want) VPN.
    Then again, I luckily have no idea about VPN or security, even though it's been my job for years kek
    Try reading what i wrote again "mr professional" kek.
    I explicitly told you it depends what you use it for and that at its core its a protocol, not a service....

10+ Year Old Account
    I was very nearly written up at my previous position because I started to complain to management that we were selling paid VPN to residential customers basically claiming exactly that, and I felt it was in poor business practice. Their response was "Has anyone asked you how exactly it works?" to which the answer was no, not really. Which, I mean, is sort of the selling point... sell to ignorant users...

We stopped selling it not long after largely because it was causing too many problems for older people when certain secure sites would stop working, and showing them how to turn it on/off was too frustrating for them.

That all said, there HAVE been instances of people getting in trouble for using a VPN, but the worst case scenario is you just contact support and just explain it. I have seen in the past that Blizzard recommends having on file that you use a VPN so they don't think it's account sharing. Then again, game has been around for over a decade so their stance may be looser now. Either way, I'd say it's safe. I'm under the impression Overwatch is more strict about it but the same applies. It's not not allowed but issues have happened before.

Then again, if you are actually violating some law or something, ie: playing a game that isn't allowed in your country, that's a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

[COLOR="#000000"]
    I Guess the other question is: What is 'this game'? When you say 'join with a friend' what does that mean? Are they hosting?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I Guess the other question is: What is 'this game'? When you say 'join with a friend' what does that mean? Are they hosting?
    I don't think OP is a "real" poster. They've posted off-topic threads in the WoW section multiple times and have advertised a few times as well.

That all said, there HAVE been instances of people getting in trouble for using a VPN, but the worst case scenario is you just contact support and just explain it. I have seen in the past that Blizzard recommends having on file that you use a VPN so they don't think it's account sharing. Then again, game has been around for over a decade so their stance may be looser now. Either way, I'd say it's safe. I'm under the impression Overwatch is more strict about it but the same applies. It's not not allowed but issues have happened before.
    This is a thing of the past. Blizzard cares about hwid markers and not what protocol you connect with.
    If you suddenly connect with VPN and have different hwid markers that's never been used before with your account? You're in trouble. Warden checks for that.
    If you do with the same computer? No issue at all, they don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a thing of the past. Blizzard cares about hwid markers and not what protocol you connect with.
    If you suddenly connect with VPN and have different hwid markers that's never been used before with your account? You're in trouble. Warden checks for that.
    If you do with the same computer? No issue at all, they don't care.
    That's what I figured.

How does that play into using services like GeForce Now, because it's a VM being hosted somewhere that would have a different hwid.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

That's what I figured.

How does that play into using services like GeForce Now, because it's a VM being hosted somewhere that would have a different hwid.
    My guess would be that blizzard has to whitelist the ip ranges of geforce, probably the easiest and most logical solution i can think off.
    It wouldn't be fool proof as account sharing would then be a thing.