Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    WoW subscription plummeting like a rock a couple months into WoD so hard that Blizzard became too embarrassed to continue publishing the numbers is an objective measure of decline. The customers voted with their wallets.
    Wow, weird how an entire expansion about "awesome orcs" fell right on its face eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Like im wondering why DF videos got so many dislikes,i see nothing wrong with the upcoming expansion.Just curious what the f... is wrong with people being obsessed on hating wow non stop? unsub and leave,why is it that hard ? im not blizzard fanboy,but i cant stand this community,i swear to god.

Blizzard definately did lots of bad stuff in the past and i get it,but some of the community folks are the worst psychos ive ever seen,ex girlfriend syndrome.
    euuuuhhh its post 2017? Trump era has started?

Look at twitter with its new dictator Elon musk.
    Hating is the new trend. If you do not hate you are not cool.

And be carefull to say something about it...then you get called woke, sjw or they should your are cancelling them.....(while they sent their goons after you :P).
    This is the world now. A bunch of agressive, hating , new age emo hipsters. Aka Neckbeards.

And yeah, i think the video's are not bad. I like what i have seen and played of current wow content. For the first time in years i feel like i am playing a wow made by a dev team that is trying.
    Old style talent system...i started with basic talent set ups. but have since made several ones for my own playstyle. so freaking fun.
    Upcomming mount system, how the dragon folk work ( spell that you need to press so cool). ( still dislike the look of them....they still are to.....south korean mmo style for me). Proffesion revamp that looks cool.

So again...i think its just haters, hating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wow, weird how an entire expansion about "awesome orcs" fell right on its face eh?
    I think WoD could have been great ( or better remembered) if they fixxed somethings ( at least for me) ( but WoD, for me is the worst expansion).
    things they should have fixxed:
    - garrisons : make them something to stay in wow.
    - story wise. It started out strong. With both space goat and mini hulks story lines. But it became a quick horde expansion. Where most of the focus was on horde villians, heroes etc. Something that was very much so until shadowlands.
    - cut content for alliance focus like a whole raid gone.
    - removing the stats etc.
    - and the end of mist, removing/changing the raiding teams mythic/herioc numbers etc was a death sentence for several guilds i knew. it was kinda....go ultra Hardcore...or just do raids.

I can sum this up for you:
    Rushed
    buggy
    Most classes arent dont/clunky
    less content yet somehow has a bigger price tag

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Why do you guys care so much if people don't like the game? There are more posts here complaining about the complainers lol. If someone dislikes the game why does that effect you? You're clearly going to be having the time of your life, flying on a magical dragon in the mystical dragon isles, saving the world yet again.
    Addressing this point: I can only speak for myself but nothing in this world frustrates me more than seeing the same fucking people posting non-stop flames towards the developers only to turn around and make a post asking everybody which flavor lizard wizard is their favorite. It is massively hypocritical and it happens all the time around here. People want to feel powerful behind a keyboard and shit all over the hard work of this games' developers (who are obviously incredibly passionate about this game) so they can get an internet high five from some stranger who vaguely agrees with their disappointed sentiment. And instead of giving legitimate, actionable feedback, the devs have to scroll through 20 fucking pages "lul retail WoW sucks, anybody 'member Ulduar???!" to find one guy who's actually telling them why the game sucks and what they could do to make the game better. (Oh, and that guy is getting flamed for disrupting the circlejerk too.)

Why were the last 2 expansion hated? Last 4 if you consider the fact the Legion was supposed to be a part of WoD. Every expansion you guys buy into the hype and say "beta was AWESOME THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EXPANSION IN A LOOONG TIME".

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    I think WoD could have been great ( or better remembered) if they fixxed somethings ( at least for me) ( but WoD, for me is the worst expansion).
    things they should have fixxed:
    - garrisons : make them something to stay in wow.
    - story wise. It started out strong. With both space goat and mini hulks story lines. But it became a quick horde expansion. Where most of the focus was on horde villians, heroes etc. Something that was very much so until shadowlands.
    - cut content for alliance focus like a whole raid gone.
    - removing the stats etc.
    - and the end of mist, removing/changing the raiding teams mythic/herioc numbers etc was a death sentence for several guilds i knew. it was kinda....go ultra Hardcore...or just do raids.
    Oh, I definitely agree it had a ton of potential, and the questing experience is probably still one of the best they've done.

And the idea of ability perks that amplified abilities instead of having to give new abilities with the bloat was also pretty good imo.

But then they dropped the ball fast. I remember leveling and being excited to make the garrison building to use the ogre way stones and teleport around.

And then like a month or so after hitting max level, never wanting to even go around Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    They fucked up 3 of the last 4 expansion and had tons of scandals that have not been solved. Many people see major flaws in the new expansion, because there is "nothing to do" outside of raiding and m+.
    In general, the players have been burned one time too often, so now everything Blizzard does gets negative feedback.
    Well. Personally, I found BFA and Legion to okay expansion. Sure, i dislike the story in BFA with Sylvannas but overall, I was okay with. Just my personal opinion of course.

The scandals was most certainly not good and people like those involved should have been removed long ago.

However, I do wonder what people hopes to achieve by hating and dislike Blizzard. They could just move onto other games. There are other games out there. There are other activities as well. It seems they just want to continue to hate Blizzard regardless.

Why were the last 2 expansion hated? Last 4 if you consider the fact the Legion was supposed to be a part of WoD. Every expansion you guys buy into the hype and say "beta was AWESOME THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EXPANSION IN A LOOONG TIME".
    I'm not quite sure where you're getting the idea that Legion was supposed to be part of WoD.

If anything, it's pretty clear that WoD wasn't even going to go the direction it did originally, since one of their first interviews said Grom was going to be the big bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the comments. Two things are usually mentioned, Disney and How to train your Dragon. Thats all you need to know. Same thing happened with Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's the same old routine since the beginning of time (since Vanilla). People get addicted to the game -> they are too mentally immature to realize it's their addiction they hate and not the game itself -> they proclaim the next expansion is the spawn of satan and a 0/10 while supposedly the expansion they started with was a 10/10.

I'm also past the game and unsubbed and over it but I have no delusions; the game hasn't become much worse; the old expansions were never 10/10 either.
    Don't think it's people's addition. This is the first prepatch where jobs came into it with broken talents for weeks(some of which they just fixed last week and wouldnt be surprised if some are still broken) and it has a bigger price tag with worse quality. I think you can objectively see the flaws in this xpac without having to be invested in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like im wondering why DF videos got so many dislikes,i see nothing wrong with the upcoming expansion.Just curious what the f... is wrong with people being obsessed on hating wow non stop? unsub and leave,why is it that hard ? im not blizzard fanboy,but i cant stand this community,i swear to god.

Blizzard definately did lots of bad stuff in the past and i get it,but some of the community folks are the worst psychos ive ever seen,ex girlfriend syndrome.
    Every wow video has dislikes
    also the addons that show dislikes dont actually show accurate counts, they use estimations and statistics, and speaking like all the wow videos had high dislikes, i am sure it will make every video think it has high dislikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Read the comments. Two things are usually mentioned, Disney and How to train your Dragon. Thats all you need to know. Same thing happened with Mists of Pandaria.
    MoP had better class design and all you talents worked lol.

I am in beta and I can say that the new expansion is not ready for launch.

But what will determine the fate of the expansion is the pace that content patches that come out. Another year to release a single content patch isn't going to work moving forward. I think BlizZard recognizes this which is why they have increased the size of their team and paired back needing to manage any expansion specific systems.

I rarely like or dislike videos, so my say may be pretty useless for you.

But not one of the expansions so far has got me hyped for any part of the game, and it's my dumbass loyalty to the game that's gonna make me sub for a few months, until its dull once again.

I can understand people disliking the videos, as they are all at best very 'meh'

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Dislike ratio will improve once the devs stop making games they want to play and instead start making the game that customers wants to play.
    The fuck? Is this sarcasm?

Devs SHOULD make games that they want to play. That's how you get people who are passionate about what they're creating. Otherwise you might as well just outsource your laundry list of player requests to China. On top of that, it's not like the playerbase even has a unified desire for the direction of the game so there's no such thing as "the game that customers want to play". That being said, WoW has become more of a corporate product now than one directed by devs that are making a game they're excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Addressing this point: I can only speak for myself but nothing in this world frustrates me more than seeing the same fucking people posting non-stop flames towards the developers only to turn around and make a post asking everybody which flavor lizard wizard is their favorite. It is massively hypocritical and it happens all the time around here. People want to feel powerful behind a keyboard and shit all over the hard work of this games' developers (who are obviously incredibly passionate about this game) so they can get an internet high five from some stranger who vaguely agrees with their disappointed sentiment. And instead of giving legitimate, actionable feedback, the devs have to scroll through 20 fucking pages "lul retail WoW sucks, anybody 'member Ulduar???!" to find one guy who's actually telling them why the game sucks and what they could do to make the game better. (Oh, and that guy is getting flamed for disrupting the circlejerk too.)
    That's actually intelligent. I totally get you now. In fact, I can see how annoying it might be to hear people saying endlessly, "Why isn't Mario 64 more like Banjo Kazooie".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The fuck? Is this sarcasm?

Devs SHOULD make games that they want to play. That's how you get people who are passionate about what they're creating. Otherwise you might as well just outsource your laundry list of player requests to China. On top of that, it's not like the playerbase even has a unified desire for the direction of the game so there's no such thing as "the game that customers want to play". That being said, WoW has become more of a corporate product now than one directed by devs that are making a game they're excited about.
    I think he means that devs should be making the games. At blizzard, devs are not in control. The money men and the lawyers are in control and they make the game for profit. If the devs made the game (like before Activision) wow would still be amazing.

I don't understand, the Like/Dislike ratio seems to be about 80/20, sometimes 70/30. Considering all that happened recently, I think these numbers are pretty good.

The viewership ratio is a lot more concerning.

Personally, I only remember pushing the Dislike button for trailers and cutscenes with Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Almost like its failures had nothing to do with its theme, and moreso the actual content (or lack thereof)

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Almost like its failures had nothing to do with its theme, and moreso the actual content (or lack thereof)
    That's the point.

Theme isn't what decides the quality, despite the other posters weird idea that devs should make a game that the customers want to play.
    That's like asking for a soulless husk.

Yup and I was kinda like that but SL was the last straw for me, I stopped about halfway through, and I haven't even thought about buying the new xpac, it looks to me one of the worst yet, I honestly prefer bfa compared to SL and this new DF. Alot will say "yeah yeah see you on release" but nope, wow is done to me until the next xpac which i will keep an eye on and fingers crossed its not shit like DF is. I miss playing wow but I won't be back this xpac.
    Last edited by Gamingsince1981; 2022-11-22 at 01:44 AM.