Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    people hate lizard wizards
    Thank you for that. I truly appreciate it. Lizard wizards! Good one.

For the OP, the videos are boring, Blizzard has done a really poor job in a really rushed manner, the new class isn't well likely but is playing a pretty pivotal role in the videos..... There are a number of reasons I hope turn out to be overblown.... but that is why there are alot of dislikes.

For one, Blizzard has enemies, as a corporation. Could just be hired goons giving bad PR to help 'the other side'.

For two, this game has the strangest counter propaganda to current mainstream than ever.

The propaganda with WoW, you don't wanna be a loser 'addicted' to working at a video game. "Warcrack." Because it's so new, and fresh, it gives people something to do.

Now, people wanna worship the people that play video games as a job - the Streamers, AKA the exact opposite of 'shaming' the heroes.

A lot of people still hold a grudge because they did not like previous expansions and Blizzard are starting on a negative in terms of goodwill and that's reflected in likes/dislikes.

I've always been fascinated with the hivemind mentality a lot of people have in regards to how they feel about an expansion. For me it's mindblowing that people can say "expansion A sucked" or "expansion B ruled" because every patch is its own thing and it's pretty much never happened that a whole expansion has been 10/10 all the way through or just been terrible all the way through. It's also easy to forget about good things or bad things when you treat a whole expansion as 'good' or 'bad'. Heck, a lot of people love Wotlk (I don't) and that expansion launched with an old raid as the first tier. Imagine if Dragonflight launched with Antorus as the first raid, people would be outraged! I loved MoP like many others did but Siege of Orgrimmar did drag out too long, even though I really liked that raid. There's always ups and downs both in the better expansions and the worse ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Point to me where Blizzard (or Activision-Blizzard) released that number. I'll wait.

(gets out popcorn)

I wonder if DF is even going to release in China now. We may not get a sales-as-of-release-day number now.
    I mean technically the service runs 1-2 months longer before the contract expires and let's be real, they will make sure it returns in the future with all the customer data still in place. I doubt they will give up on a chance to make some money in their favorite market.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    What did you want?
    Well, lets see.
    - A class that could be played by a few if not all races. Meme on me if you want: but I really do want to play a Dwarf Tinker.
    - I wanted a little more love for world pvp. Outdoor objectives, viable rewards. I may be asking a lot but I'd like if the actual overworld presented real threats both from environment and players and rewarded you for participating. I dont particularly like raids or dungeons anymore but I love big expansive open world sandbox experiences where I can just run into anyone and just team up because content might actually need cooperation. When I last played everyone just kept to their own path and ignored each other as best they could.
    - Honest engine: I didnt know I wanted it, but I actually find I DO want dragonriding. Not enough to make me resub though.
    - The talent trees were a nice touch. Looking at them I was surprised to find they were less shallow and superficial than I was expecting. However I would like to see more evergreen systems than just this. Churning out content that makes all past content obsolete sucks. Chew through a patch in a couple weeks then cancel subscription and wait for content.

I think my problem is that I just outgrew what WoW offers, and sadly it isnt my game anymore. I still come around here out of habit at this point.
    Last edited by raz98; 2022-12-01 at 04:44 AM.