View Poll Results: How hard will Heroic Vault of the Incarnates be?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Heroic will be laughably easy

6 13.04%
  • Heroic will be easyish (Emerald Nightmare)

13 28.26%
  • Heroic will be just right

10 21.74%
  • Heroic will be a little overtuned (in my opinion Denathrius P3 and Sylvanas P3 were)

11 23.91%
  • Heroic will be way overtuned (like Sepulcher was)

6 13.04%

How hard will Vault of the Incarnates be?

Getting excited to come back, it’s been a while!

I generally take the company line, but one of the things that really ought to have gone smoother was the tuning of Sepulcher, which IMO was just a mess. And more importantly, a mess that the information was available to avoid it.

Early numbers should have indicated that way too many folks were getting stuck at Anduin, that there were too many pass/fail mechanics and too many bosses for more casual guilds.

So will there be an overreaction, an underreaction, or just right?

Edit:
    Laughably Easy: Void Reaver, WotLK Naxxramas, Kel'Thuzad, Desaugne

Easy: Emerald Nightmare, Obsidian Sanctum, basically anything that rarely causes a pug to fall apart

Just Right: Lots of heroic raids such as Nighthold, most of Castle Nathria except Sludgefist and Denathrius IMO, things where good pugs succeed and bad pugs fail

Little Overtuned: Only really good pugs can succeed, which IMO was stuff like Denathrius P3, Sludgefist, most of Sanctum except for Fatescribe and Sylvanas,

Way Overtuned: Most of heroic Sepulcher especially Anduin, Rygelon, and the Jailer. HFC Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden in Tomb, anything where pure pugs are gonna really struggle.

One other note, although Emerald Nightmare Mythic was regarded as quite easy, I think heroic was fairly well tuned for an entry-level raid.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2022-11-23 at 03:44 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Given what I've done on testing and keeping in mind the numbers are not right for testing purposes of mechanics explicitly.

It's forthe most part a simpler raid. There is one boss that will likely be a " weak aura boss" but it isn't going to be a repeat of last tier.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty easy. Probably easier than EN

They're going with an easy start and probably will keept it on that line through all DF.

If anything harder raids just shown how players are much more prone to call it a day than to put effort in the game, especially at a casual level where m+ is a very compelling option that fits many more gameplay session structures.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Getting excited to come back, it’s been a while!

I generally take the company line, but one of the things that really ought to have gone smoother was the tuning of Sepulcher, which IMO was just a mess. And more importantly, a mess that the information was available to avoid it.

Early numbers should have indicated that way too many folks were getting stuck at Anduin, that there were too many pass/fail mechanics and too many bosses for more casual guilds.

So will there be an overreaction, an underreaction, or just right?
    People forget that we had two raids stuffed into 1. Anduin was supposed to be a hard end raid boss. Blizzard failed by making it into 1 raid.

I expect the new raid to be slightly more difficult than 9.0 raid. As it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    People forget that we had two raids stuffed into 1. Anduin was supposed to be a hard end raid boss. Blizzard failed by making it into 1 raid.

I expect the new raid to be slightly more difficult than 9.0 raid. As it should be.
    Nah, I think it's gonna be easier than Castle Nathria. Blizz doesn't want a repeat of that SLG shitshow and guilds burning out on the penultimate boss.

None of the SL raids were received that well, and all three of them were pretty difficult. It's pretty clear what direction blizz will go in for DF regarding raid difficulty.

Extremely. It will be so intense that when you wipe your heart will explode and you will, naturally, die IRL.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    It's pretty easy. Probably easier than EN
    Let's hope not.

- - - Updated - - -

People "forget" because that's a nonsense conspiracy theory other people use to excuse Blizzard overtuning the raid.

It's difficult to predict, since Beta raid fights are rarely about tuning and more about functionality. It's conceivable they'd overcorrect after Sepulcher, but it's also entirely possible they're largely happy with a heroic raid taking some time and effort rather than just being a day-1-PUG faceroll.

Mythic I expect to be significantly easier than Sepulcher was, but that's not a surprise to anyone. Sepulcher was an anomaly. Ideally it's a ~10-day race, but it's not impossible we have a week 1 clear, too, depending on how the simultaneous H/M launch plays with their tuning goal.

So my prediction is... heroic about average except for the last two bosses, which will take the average rando heroic guild some progression and be a no-go for most PUGs early on. And mythic will last 9-11 days.

The fact that there are eight bosses will make it much less time consuming to clear unless they make them absurdly difficult.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

It will be easy like heroic gunship in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    None of the SL raids were received that well, and all three of them were pretty difficult. It's pretty clear what direction blizz will go in for DF regarding raid difficulty.
    You'd think that, but the dev team has a history of being anti-casual, even to the detriment of their game. On the off chance they do make it easier I expect it will be just a temporary reversion of their hardcore instincts, as it has been several times in the past.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Nah, I think it's gonna be easier than Castle Nathria. Blizz doesn't want a repeat of that SLG shitshow and guilds burning out on the penultimate boss.

Castle Nathria IMO is up there in terms of great raids. SLG Mythic may have been a cluster at first, but that only mattered to 100 players.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought Castle Nathria and Sanctum were fun af. I bailed after Sanctum cuz all that FO shit is just rehash. If Vault is anywhere near the first two, it will be a fantastic raid.

I think it depends? People who like to say they want to walk on hot coals are a minority because they are not only competing with more casual based games but more so to another progression path inside their own game. If they make raiding more annoying and dark souls boss fight like then i will just piss off to KSM and unsub after 2-3 weeks since at this point they have to bribe me to continue on with it because i am only here for the experience, i do not care for gear ( can always farm transmog later ) or ranks or epeen flexing.

People forget imaginary facts? Cool!

The only way I will even entertain entering the raid is if the fights are basic kill boss 1-3 mechanics that are not 1 person screws up and it wipes the raid mechanics, 1-3 phases. I don't want to spend 10-15mins on each boss. a Boss fight should be no longer than 5 mins tops ever. I love WOTLK because the boss fights are 2-3 mins long.

I’ve been purely playing classic, how has herouc been?

Saw that the mythic race finished today due to a hotfix, looks like an intense fight.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    The only way I will even entertain entering the raid is if the fights are basic kill boss 1-3 mechanics that are not 1 person screws up and it wipes the raid mechanics, 1-3 phases. I don't want to spend 10-15mins on each boss. a Boss fight should be no longer than 5 mins tops ever. I love WOTLK because the boss fights are 2-3 mins long.
    OK boomer kek