Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's doubtful they need to spend a lot of dev time on something like this to begin with. Adding an overlying dungeon mechanic and scaling some numbers up isn't difficult. They do it every tier on live, and I highly doubt a massive amount of resources is being dedicated to this.

People will get max level, do the regular dungeons and quickly acquire badge gear and insanely cheap BoEs that are flooding the AH, then they will jump into the 'rune dungeons' to gear up so they can enjoy the new content. It allows a 5 man progression loop to jump into Ulduar eventually without having to find groups for T7 content. I highly doubt T7 content whether it be 10/25 goes away, but it's obviously not going to be as popular as Ulduar. People move on in the game, and T7 content will dry up some. Asking people to do charity with fresh alts, let alone new people jumping in for Ulduar alone would probably be a disaster.

It's just another option. If you want to accelerate the process you to everything you can. Before the only option would be to do raids and buy BoEs. Now you can do 5 mans, 5 man rune dungeons and raids if you want too. This makes old content relevant, gives players options and pushes players at a faster pace to get into the new raid eventually.

Whether you like M+ or dungeons being relevant is completely up to you. Some people don't like timers on content and I get it. But Blizzard and players as a whole obviously like dungeons being somewhat relevant through an entire expansion, which is the entire reason we saw challenge modes and then M+ get designed. Wrath has 12 dungeons, and aside from a daily quest becomes mostly useless pretty quickly into the expansion. This spices it up some and gives more choices to people to gear up alts or mains in the case of people wanting to check out an actual patch that they want to experience first hand.

Options are good is the TLDR.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

No idea what game you are playing.

Everyone has 1 or 2 alts, one of them on full Naxx gear by now.

LFG is completely pointless, you can start a group as a DPS and get into the dungeon 5 minutes after you even started.
    I am playing WoW WotLK Classic in a server where about 2 weeks ago the dominant faction dropped to circa 1500 people at all levels in the LFG channel during prime time. A server where other than the daily heroic you couldn't get a group going within 30 mins even if you offered to tank. But please, do go on and tell me about the reality of my server without playing on it.

Also, to your second point, if everyone has 1 or 2 alts by now with one in full Nax gear and, as a reasonable assumption, the other one in such gear within the next 2-3 months, then what is the point of those new dungeons?

My point stands: either Blizzard should boost the creation/levelling of new alts substantially, ideally by bringing the RDF tool, or this feature will be a waste of resources at best