Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft Short Story: "The Vow Eternal"

Warcraft Short Story: "The Vow Eternal"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Attend the wedding of the century with Wrathion as he seeks knowledge about the Dragon Isles, the ancestral homeland of Azeroth’s dragonflights.

Wrathion scoffed. The pleasure of your company. Ha! This wedding was a monumental event in Azeroth’s history—the joining of two powerful leaders—and yet he knew he had been invited only as a courtesy. No one in Azeroth really wanted a black dragon—especially him—at any sort of grand occasion. It was good political theater to trot out someone so instrumental in defeating the old god N’Zoth and saving the world, but neither the couple nor their high-profile guests would deem being in his company a pleasure.

Wrathion crumpled the scroll with unnecessary vigor and flung it into a corner. Weddings were notoriously sappy affairs, and this one was likely to be especially so. According to the reports of his Black Talon operatives, it was a true love match, one that had blazed to a flame during a poetry competition, of all things. There would be other giggling, happy pairs; families with their giddy children; old friends reuniting.

Positively stomach-churning.

Read and download this humorous and heartfelt short story by New York Times bestselling author Christie Golden.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol /10char

Cool story.

It's great to see what's going on with so many beloved characters, small teases into the future with Kurog Grimtotem (will we have Grimtotems and Magatha as villains or is he an isolated case?) appearing and an overall big step forward into the Dragon Isles.

I liked it, even if Wrathion is far from one of my favorite characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a nice read. Was hopeing Ebonhorn to show up but no. Also this cements Baine and Mayla as a couple but they seem rather reserved in showing it.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

The friendship between Arator and Dagran is rather unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    That was a nice read. Was hopeing Ebonhorn to show up but no. Also this cements Baine and Mayla as a couple but they seem rather reserved in showing it.
    I mean, it makes sense, they both are rather reserved/quiet people in general. They don't seem like the kind of people to parade around.

None of the night elves make any appearance by the way (and I'm not sure if Tyrande would be warmly welcomed in any case, given her history with Thalyssra and her complicated past with her home city Suramar). This implies their relationship with the Horde and possibly even the Alliance is still somewhat distant at this point.

Wrathion could not help his mouth from hanging just the slightest bit open in disbelief as Taelia welcomed all three warmly. Here was Jaina’s brother, a Forsaken, who was accepted by his family and former compatriots. Even so, he stayed close to Calia.

In theory, he has enemies on all sides, Wrathion mused, but he also has family—blood or found—on all sides too. Wrathion realized perhaps he was a touch . . . jealous.

Wrathion took note of who else was not in attendance. “I cannot help but notice that there are no night elves present,” he shared airily.
    His Talons had informed him that Tyrande and Malfurion were still smarting after what they viewed as mistreatment at the hands of the Alliance during the war. Wrathion had also learned that the kaldorei were preoccupied with a new development. He did not know the nature of the endeavor . . . yet.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    I mean, it makes sense, they both are rather reserved/quiet people in general. They don't seem like the kind of people to parade around.
    Yeah thats true. I enjoy slice of life storys so this was a nice treat. Seeing the day to day for such decorated lore figures even if its for 1 event.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

It's still funny to see how desperately writers have been trying to portray Turalyon in a positive light lately. We are not so easily deceived tho. Everyone knows that he is a zealot who will soon become a villain.

His Talons had informed him that Tyrande and Malfurion were still smarting
    lol, what a clown of an author, still smarting over that little genocide.

Christie Golden can't write anything but useless love stories and fails to do it in a satisfying way everytime... Can't Blizzard get someone else for this kind of job?

Nice read, well written too. It's really nice that they are releasing these little backgrounds stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Christie Golden can't write anything but useless love stories and fails to do it in a satisfying way everytime... Can't Blizzard get someone else for this kind of job?
    Don't give them any ideas, they might give even more writing power to Danuser

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    lol, what a clown of an author, still smarting over that little genocide.
    It's written from Wrathion's POV, and he's a snarky ass who would literally not give a single fuck about the Night Elves and their tree. I fail to see how this comment from him isn't entirely in character, much like his sass RE Baine.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Why?‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I was entertained. Folks, as expected, trashing on Christie Golden's writing.
    I have always enjoyed her work.

I appreciate the added story telling.

My requirement is always the answer to one question, "Was I entertained?"

wrathion disgusts me, I feel like throwing up when I see it, and I was wondering when it will die? because I think I should die soon, it would be fair since you killed the best heroes, medivh, lothar, varian, guldan... sargeras out of order... but what is this? and you put me... wration? wrathion He is not worthy of being the lineage of the great Neltharion/Deathwing. He is a being that is mostly disgusting... It is ridiculous that someone like him pretends to be the appearance of the earth... I think that Blizzard lost the north with the lore and the heroes. ..legendary heroes are needed at the level of garona, maiev, lothar, antonidas, guldan, sargeras... names that instill great respect or fear in you, not a name like wrathion, that being is ridiculous and disgusting... you know because.....personally I want a legendary warrior and a worthy one, no taelia or another female, I want someone worthy of broxigar.real heroes.

I'm glad this is available in PDF so I can send it to my Kindle. I hate reading books/stories like this on my computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    wrathion disgusts me, I feel like throwing up when I see it, and I was wondering when it will die? because I think I should die soon, it would be fair since you killed the best heroes, medivh, lothar, varian, guldan... sargeras out of order... but what is this? and you put me... wration? wrathion He is not worthy of being the lineage of the great Neltharion/Deathwing. He is a being that is mostly disgusting... It is ridiculous that someone like him pretends to be the appearance of the earth... I think that Blizzard lost the north with the lore and the heroes. ..legendary heroes are needed at the level of garona, maiev, lothar, antonidas, guldan, sargeras... names that instill great respect or fear in you, not a name like wrathion, that being is ridiculous and disgusting... you know because.....personally I want a legendary warrior and a worthy one, no taelia or another female, I want someone worthy of broxigar.real heroes.
    Gonna go on a limb here and say that nobody gives a shit about what you want.

You could try writing tho, see if people buy your books, since you know so well about what characters or narratives are worthy and which aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Why can't a female be a real hero?