Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Reminder: Dragonflight Content Before the Weekly Reset

Reminder: Dragonflight Content Before the Weekly Reset
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the timing of the unlock of the Dragon Isles (Monday, November 28 at 3:00 p.m. PST / 5:00 p.m. CST / 6:00 p.m. EST in this region), players will find themselves leveling up with less than a day to go before the weekly reset.

We’ve configured Dragonflight to prevent most weekly rewards from appearing prior to that first weekly reset. As a result, the following content will be unavailable until the new week starts:

• Mythic Dungeons
    • Dragonbane Strongbox from Siege of Dragonbane Keep (Epic quality)
    • Grand Hunt Spoils (Uncommon, Rare, and Epic quality)
    • The weekly quest “Community Feast”
    • The “Aiding the Accord” weekly quests
    • The “Show Yer Mettle” weekly quest
    • Weekly Valdrakken professions quests of any kind
    • Weekly PvP quests rewarding honor

We want players to level at their own pace without feeling like they’re missing out on a week of rewards if they fail to reach level 70 within a few hours after the expansion launch.

Well done blizzard.

oh wow that is amazing!

Makes total sense, and most people probably expected this.

Good that they mention it just in case, but I'm sure we'll see at least 20 threads on the forums going WTF BLIZZ I LEVELED UP IN RECORD TIME FOR EXTRA WEEKLIES AND NOW THEY'RE GONE??!!! HELP BUG REFUND PLZZZZ!!!

If you were someone who weren't doing this it has no effect on you.

If you were someone who were going to do this, it harmed you.

An objectively bad change with no positives and only negatives. Nu-wow audience will, of course, praise it as brilliant and innovative. Nothing quite beats the feeling of maliciously harming other people purely for your own self-satisfaction. The final stage of dopamine burnout, when you can only feel good via sadism.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post

An objectively bad change with no positives and only negatives. Nu-wow audience will, of course, praise it as brilliant and innovative. Nothing quite beats the feeling of maliciously harming other people purely for your own self-satisfaction. The final stage of dopamine burnout, when you can only feel good via sadism.
    Nu-wow audience. Get a load of this guy. This harms no one and you're just finding a reason to be upset.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

10+ Year Old Account

What are you talking about? It's a huge positive for people who want to enjoy the leveling content but still play at a competitive level at endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Nu-wow audience. Get a load of this guy. This harms no one and you're just finding a reason to be upset.
    I guess this level of willful obtuseness is the only possible way to rationalize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    What are you talking about? It's a huge positive for people who want to enjoy the leveling content but still play at a competitive level at endgame.
    Not being allowed to do something you wanted to do is a positive. Words mean nothing. Up is down. Left is right. Freedom is slavery.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    INot being allowed to do something you wanted to do is a positive. Words mean nothing. Up is down. Left is right. Freedom is slavery.
    Ok lol sorry for your loss

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Ok lol sorry for your loss
    thank you, I appreciate it
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Real smoothbrain take.
    It means you don't have to cram a week's worth of content and leveling to 70 in a few days, people who want to keep as up to date as possible won't be left behind for not playing like a basement dwelling no lifer.
    Most of the most hated things in this game have been artificial pressure to force people to play or grind.
    Keeping pressure right at the start is unhealthy, looks like many others agree. You have a few days to get prepared, get to 70, get some gear and hit it hard the week after.
    Far more healthy.

Freedom is slavery.
    DAE 1984 George Orwell????

They should make it two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    They should make it two weeks.
    It wouldn't hurt no. I pretty much always view wow as a work and often burnout as a result. Not sure what would be optimal. Both kinda sucks but im leaning towards the later, as in your 2 weeks.

Seems like a win to me. Not having to rush to 70 to squeeze in some dailies etc. to maximize = win win.

I'm not with you... But i'm also not against you...
    Wow without timegating is in the end, the best wow. Yeh, sometimes i do burnout myself but thats my fault and mine alone.
    Being able to consume the content at whatever rate X player wants too? Thats the right decision.

Reason why i'm not with you is because I'm not doing such things anymore, i grew old lol..

It's the same reason they removed realm first achievements from the game for leveling classes and professions. It was to make it so people didn't feel the need or were socially pressured by others to rush through everything just to get that extra hit from the pipe before a weekly reset. It also puts all regions in the world on equal footing and doesn't give the Americas an advantage the rest of the world wouldn't get.

10+ Year Old Account

I've literally never said this to anyone because of how theraputic and cathardic gaming is, but you SERIOUSLY need a break to get a grip on what is HARMFUL and what is a justified move to allow everyone to be on the same playing field. Please log off and try to talk to someone about grounding you to IRL.

Everyone needs their ribbon guys!!! Stupid move by stupid people leading a company with intern level programmers.

Was to be expected, and it's great to see it confirmed.

People being upset about this is hilarious, i'll have to say. Maybe reconsider your priorities, but who are we kidding here, 'uh?