Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Activision Blizzard Stockholders Approve Proposed Microsoft Transaction

Activision Blizzard Stockholders Approve Proposed Microsoft Transaction
    Originally Posted by Activision Blizzard
    Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) announced that its stockholders approved Microsoft Corporation’s (Nasdaq: MSFT) proposal to acquire Activision Blizzard at the Activision Blizzard Special Meeting of Stockholders held earlier today. More than 98% of the shares voted at the Special Meeting were voted in favor of the proposed transaction with Microsoft.

On January 18, 2022, Microsoft announced plans to acquire Activision Blizzard for $95.00 per share in an all-cash transaction. Subject to customary closing conditions and the completion of regulatory review, the proposed transaction is expected to close in Microsoft’s fiscal year ending June 30, 2023.

“Today’s overwhelmingly supportive vote by our stockholders confirms our shared belief that, combined with Microsoft, we will be even better positioned to create great value for our players, even greater opportunities for our employees, and to continue our focus on becoming an inspiring example of a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive workplace,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard.

The complete results of the Special Meeting will be reported in a Form 8-K to be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission by early next week, after certification by Activision Blizzard’s Inspector of Election.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would be stupid to say no.

Cautiously optimistic about this whole deal. Microsoft has a great record when it comes to breathing back life into struggling game brands. We probably won't see it have a real impact until 11.0 though.

7+ Year Old Account
    “Today’s overwhelmingly supportive vote by our stockholders confirms our shared belief that, combined with Microsoft, we will be even better positioned to create great value for our players, even greater opportunities for our employees, and to continue our focus on becoming an inspiring example of a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive workplace,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard.
    Wow, a little bit late for that Bobby. You shouldn't have to start with it, you should have been all that since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Wow, a little bit late for that Bobby. You shouldn't have to start with it, you should have been all that since the beginning.
    Yeah it's a bit of a weird statement. Maybe they should first focus on meeting the bare minimum of being a decent workplace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, they follow through and buy Kotick out/kick him out.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable announcement of World of Warcraft retail being added to game pass ultimate. They have been making a lot of moves to make the game controller friendly so I would not be surprised if it ends up on console as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    Cautiously optimistic about this whole deal. Microsoft has a great record when it comes to breathing back life into struggling game brands. We probably won't see it have a real impact until 11.0 though.
    It does?

Maybe I'm hyper focused on Halo, but Microsoft has let 343 meander about being incompetent at managing the franchise for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hopefully, they follow through and buy Kotick out/kick him out.
    Why? He earned shit tons of money for ActiBlizz.

3+ Year Old Account
    Any hope for Reforged fixing? Us WC3 Reforged players and modders exist too...
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Why? He earned shit tons of money for ActiBlizz.
    Due to his background, and his shit handling of current situations.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Due to his background, and his shit handling of current situations.
    you have not met him and you dont know the secret stuff that has not been published , maybe he did so much and nothing went out . you must be typical western guy who believe any news puts on your face and only read the bold one only too . you may also be correct but dont write it like you know everything .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    you have not met him and you dont know the secret stuff that has not been published , maybe he did so much and nothing went out . you must be typical western guy who believe any news puts on your face and only read the bold one only too . you may also be correct but dont write it like you know everything .
    So... Ignore the fact of proof that he has threatened previous employee under him? Or, are we talking about his handling of the recent drama only?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

3+ Year Old Account
    friendly reminder that Kotick is in Epstein's travel log
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    One hurdle dealt with, and another to go...

Trash can company, hope they get blocked internationally somehow.

Applied Water Midwest

Applied Water Midwest is a company that manufactures and distributes the AquaPura water treatment technology to homeowners, schools, hospitals and other institutions worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    The guy threatened to have an assistant killed:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...-death-threat/

If I threatened to have someone underneath me in any of my jobs killed I'd be looking at potential criminal charges, and I sure as fuck wouldn't have a job anymore. Why do we hold pieces of abhorrent shit to LOWER standards than regular workers, especially when they earn ~600 times more than the average ATVI employee?
    not to defend bobby, he is a piece of shit (most likely, dont know him pesonaly)
    BUT! he allegedly did something, and WSJ claim to have evidence ... yet presented none and for over a year nothing came out of it, it was not evenmentioned again...
    smells like bullshit to me...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post

If I threatened to have someone underneath me in any of my jobs killed I'd be looking at potential criminal charges, and I sure as fuck wouldn't have a job anymore. Why do we hold pieces of abhorrent shit to LOWER standards than regular workers, especially when they earn ~600 times more than the average ATVI employee?
    Well you answered your own question. Because he's rich af and people with money make the rules. Don't be fooled when someone rich gets caught and punished, that's just other rich people throwing one of their own under the bus to calm down the masses.

The worrying thing is that the acquisition is not at all certain at this point with multiple regulatory authorities having issues with it. And if it fall through, Kottick stays