Dragonflight Update Notes

Dragonflight Update Notes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The ancestral home of dragonkind—the Dragon Isles are awakening, and many long-forgotten secrets are waiting to be uncovered. Heed the dragons’ call as their ancient homelands are revealed once more, beckoning adventurers and treasure seekers to unravel the many mysteries waiting for them.

Head over to Stormwind or Orgrimmar to begin your journey into the Dragon Isles and experience the new content the expansion has to offer, including:

New Level Cap: 70
    Ascend to new heights of power as you explore the Dragon Isles, earning new talents every step of the way to level 70.

Discover the Dragon Isles
    Discover the Dragon Isles and explore four new zones—the Waking Shores, roiling with elemental power; the vast expanse of the Ohn’ahran Plains; the frosty peaks of the Azure Span; and the majestic spires and temples of Thaldraszus—each themed around and revealing more about the ancient dragon aspects.

Soar Through the Air With Dragonriding
    Dragonriding is an all-new skill-based method of aerial movement that allows players to take to the skies on the back of their personal Dragon Isles Drake. Players will customize their drake as they progress through the expansion, collecting more appearance options and enabling them to fly farther and faster. [LEARN MORE]

Meet the Major Factions
    Dragonflight ushers in a unique way to progress with Major Factions. Earn Reputation to unlock Renown ranks and access to rewards when you assist denizens of the Dragon Isles. [LEARN MORE]

Eight New Dungeons
    Four new level-up dungeons and four maximum-level dungeons await players who venture into the Dragon Isles. Whether you’re looking for loot, a new challenge, or to learn more about this ancient land, you’ll need to gather your courage— and your allies— for the trials ahead. [LEARN MORE]

Level-up dungeons:

• Ruby Life Pools
    • Brackenhide Hollow
    • The Nokhud Offensive
    • Halls of Infusion

Max-level dungeons:
    • Neltharus
    • The Azure Vault
    • Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
    • Algeth'ar Academy

Vault of the Incarnates Raid
    Venture into the ancient prison of the Primal Incarnates before their malevolent power can be unleashed against the Dragon Aspects. [LEARN MORE]

Raid release schedule:
    • Week of December 12: Normal, Heroic, and Mythic Vault of the Incarnates will open with the weekly maintenance for each region
    • Week of December 19: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 1 opens
    • Week of January 2: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 2 opens
    • Week of January 16: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 3 opens

An Eye on Professions
    Become a Dragon Isles artisan and fulfill crafting orders for your realm. Hunt down rare ingredients and create ever more wondrous items as you unlock specializations for your profession.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Shadowlands raids and World Bosses have returned to their previous difficulties and are no longer Fated. Fated Raid quests, rewards, achievements, and the mysterious 3 vendors in Oribos are no longer available.
    • The following content will become available after the weekly maintenance starting on November 29:
      • Mythic Dungeons
      • Dragonbane Keep Strongbox from Siege on Dragonbane Keep (Epic quality)
      • Grand Hunt Spoils (Uncommon, Rare, and Epic quality)
      • The weekly quest “Community Feast”
      • The “Aiding the Accord” weekly quests
      • The “Show Your Mettle” weekly quest
      • Weekly Valdrakken professions quests of any kind
      • Weekly PvP quests rewarding honor
        • Developers’ note: We want players to level at their own pace without feeling like they’re missing out on a week of rewards if they fail to reach level 70 within a few hours after the expansion launch.

Items and Rewards
    • Sylvanas Windrunner and The Jailer mount drop rates have significantly decreased (was 100%), and the amount of dropped mounts will decrease to 1 (was 2).
    • The Shadowlands Great Vault has been sealed and no longer provides rewards for completing activities in the Shadowlands.

Pet Battles
    • A new questline has been added that helps new players learn about the pet battle system.

WoW Companion App
    • Players can view maps and world quests.
    • Players can view Major Factions tracks and rewards.

To view all content update notes, click here.

For World of Warcraft customer support, please visit our Support Site or our Customer Support discussion forum. If you’ve found a bug, please let us know about it in our Bug Report Forum.
    Last edited by chaud; 2022-11-23 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eight New Dungeons!

That you will run once before jumping into the M+ System and only see half of them again!

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Eight New Dungeons!

That you will run once before jumping into the M+ System and only see half of them again!
    Um. When SL started, every dungeon was on the m+ list. When I came back and saw it was the current ones I was kinda disappointed. I liked most of the other dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Um. When SL started, every dungeon was on the m+ list. When I came back and saw it was the current ones I was kinda disappointed. I liked most of the other dungeons.
    Well it was like it was at launch for the first three seasons of SL.

Season 4 they decided to add the past expansion Mega Dungeons and "Fan Favorites" Grimrail and Iron Docks.

I really don't understand the whole "8 new dungeons but only 4 are going in the M+ System"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Season 4 they decided to add the past expansion Mega Dungeons and "Fan Favorites" Grimrail and Iron Docks.

I really don't understand the whole "8 new dungeons but only 4 are going in the M+ System"
    Time and developer resources.
    Why spend double the time doing something new when you can just add something old and call it new?
    Same as mega dungeons usually dont get added as an m+ dungeon until later on. Tuning, which takes time.

I agree its weird though and I would prefer doing more of a s4 aimed for like s3 instead.
    Probably they think the best route for keeping things fresh is dividing it.
    So they'll add 8 new dungeons, tune 4 of them, add 4 old ones.
    Next season they'll remove those 4, add the remaining 4 with 4 old new ones and call it new.
    But in the end? We get half the content but stretched over a longer period of time giving the illusion of more content.

This way we have actual "new" content for more seasons. Only my speculation but pretty sure it hits the mark.

Maybe you will understand it better when Season 2 begins and its 8 different/new dungeons instead of regrinding the same set of 8 for 2 years.

It's purely to try and solve the complaints of "Why do I have to regrind the same gear every season, just a higher ilvl". With a different set of dungeons, you'll get a different set of gear, different trinkets etc. More in line with what happens to raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Why spend double the time doing something new when you can just add something old and call it new?
    Same as mega dungeons usually dont get added as an m+ dungeon until later on. Tuning, which takes time.

I agree its weird though and I would prefer doing more of a s4 aimed for like s3 instead.
    Next season they'll remove those 4, add the remaining 4 with 4 old new ones and call it new.
    But in the end? We get half the content but stretched over a longer period of time giving the illusion of more content.

This way we have actual "new" content for more seasons. Only my speculation but pretty sure it hits the mark.
    I don't understand your "Half the content" comment. We're still getting the same number of dungeons, they're just split over two seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I don't agree at all it's about an illusion of more content. I think having them across the first two seasons is a better idea for longevity of m+. Having all 8 in season 1 seems like short term gain for long term loss to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Maybe you will understand it better when Season 2 begins and its 8 different/new dungeons instead of regrinding the same set of 8 for 2 years.
    The system would work fine if Blizzard weren't also the worst I've ever seen at MMO balancing. Every season 1 has been an absolute travesty for balance, and now they're going to have to balance 8 new dungeons for two patches, and 4 new dungeons every patch thereafter. Sounds like an absolute disaster waiting to happen.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

The content looks thin when listed like that. Especially with flappy dragon transportation mode near the top of the billing.

An undocumented change:
    A lot of items now stack in higher amounts.
    For example:

Noggenfogger Elixir now stacks upto to 200 up from 20

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I don't understand your "Half the content" comment. We're still getting the same number of dungeons, they're just split over two seasons.
    Watch us not get anything new for the entire expansion, like a megadungeon.

Watch us not get anything new for the entire expansion, like a megadungeon.
    We've had a Mega Dungeon every expansion since Karazhan in Legion, I wouldn't expect them to stop now. This expansion seems the perfect time to add one, add a Mega-dungeon in 10.1 or 10.2, then for 10.3 we get the normal M+ split mega dungeon, alongside 6 other old dungeons, same as Shadowlands.
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

We've had a Mega Dungeon every expansion since Karazhan in Legion, I wouldn't expect them to stop now. This expansion seems the perfect time to add one, add a Mega-dungeon in 10.1 or 10.2, then for 10.3 we get the normal M+ split mega dungeon, alongside 6 other old dungeons, same as Shadowlands.
    We've also had all brand new dungeons up until this point, whats your point?

We've also had all brand new dungeons up until this point, whats your point?
    We still have all brand new dungeons? Not sure your point. We're getting 8 brand new dungeons in DF, the exact same as in past expansions.

Super happy if people run their M+ dungeons once and get bored and quit lol. For just too long the only thing to do in WoW has been grinding dungeons and raids over and over forever. Finally we have one where the world is full of stuff to do and is generally a beautiful and pleasant world to be in. Looking forward to seeing a lot of new and returning people who actually like the original WoW experience of a fantasy world, adventure, and just straight up fun!

I believe it's been said repeatedly, but there are 8 new dungeons, the same as every expansion pretty much. The only difference is that this time 4 of the new dungeons will be part of M+ in season 1 (along 4 dungeons from previous expansions, balanced and updated to fit the system), and the 4 remaining new dungeons will be part of season 2 (along 4 older dungeons different from the ones in season 1). Very likely that a mega-dungeon will be part of season 3. Blizzard stated that along with the M+ difficulty/reward adjustments, they wanted for m+ seasons to feel fresh and different, rather than repeating the same 8 dungeons for 2 years.

It's alright for people to use their one brain cell to hate on Blizzard, but would be ideal if the hate was directed towards something that's not objectively a false claim, like "DF has only 4 new m+ dungeons".
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2022-11-25 at 02:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eight New Dungeons!

Sounds like you don't wanna get gear, cause week 1 you can't M+ so... a lot of people gunna be spamming heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The content looks thin when listed like that. Especially with flappy dragon transportation mode near the top of the billing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    An undocumented change:
    A lot of items now stack in higher amounts.
    For example:

Noggenfogger Elixir now stacks upto to 200 up from 20
    This does not include content already added, so a lot of content is missing, notice how evoker is not here? or bag changes?

This is only the content in the expansion itself, and a super summarized version of it.
    the prepatch itself already added a ton.

- - - Updated - - -

Because this way each season is different, we get the exact same amount of dungeons but they are spread out, with some "new" dungeons of old added in to fill the gap.

this way each season you have different dungeons to do, different loot to get, instead of what we have had for almost 6 years which was
    "Ok new season! time to do all the same dungeons i did before, but harder, and farm all the exact same gear i have now, but with higher ilvl!!!"
    Like man i sure did love farming the exact same trinket every new season, but higher ilvl...

this puts it on par with raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    I believe it's been said repeatedly, but there are 8 new dungeons, the same as every expansion pretty much. The only difference is that this time 4 of the new dungeons will be part of M+ in season 1 (along 4 dungeons from previous expansions, balanced and updated to fit the system), and the 4 remaining new dungeons will be part of season 2 (along 4 older dungeons different from the ones in season 1). Very likely that a mega-dungeon will be part of season 3. Blizzard stated that along with the M+ difficulty/reward adjustments, they wanted for m+ seasons to feel fresh and different, rather than repeating the same 8 dungeons for 2 years.

It's alright for people to use their one brain cell to hate on Blizzard, but would be ideal if the hate was directed towards something that's not objectively a false claim, like "DF has only 4 new m+ dungeons".
    ignore tomten. best for ya to.

- - - Updated - - -

As we said earlier in the last thread you got clowned on.
    this is more work, and it is better for M+, it is not less work to do this.
    How many times do we need to teach you that lesson old man?
    much better to have different dungeons, and different loot pools every season, then have the exact same dungeons for 2 years.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-11-25 at 04:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Imagine getting a 10.3 in the first place lol

They'll double down on the same bullshit like they did with Shadowlands and wrap DF up in 10.2 saying "it was always planned to be a 3 act story that finishes in 9.2"

Get used to less new and more recycled content

Yeah, I never understood the point of that either.