Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    but his lawyer said to use "They/Them" and someone that attacked gay people would NEVER mockingly use pronouns, especially if it worked it would both drop some federal charges and be a middle finger to the group

nope, they would never do that /s
    the first non-binary person right wingers will be willing to identify correctly.

remember kids terrorists lie.

I posted in another thread not related to shooting and I guess this is more appropriate.

First discussion of LGBTQ is off limits, that's fine I think the important part of this subject is after a group of people who are on the fringe of society, face discrimination and have been villainized for a long time but this last year or two are no doubt the #1 target of the Republican, conservative party.

I will link my post but gave examples of Tucker Carlson, Trump's ex lawyer, Matt Walsh, the guys father, etc who doubled down by once more saying these people are not worth it and that they should be targeted (of course using dog whistles) since they are some perverted group, which is not true.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53974362

The right wing media pouring the hate on this one is disturbing.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Every Republican who speaks against LGBT+ rights and freedoms carries responsibility for this attack and every similar one. Don't be deluded by their weak-ass hand-wringing; they want this. Or rather, they'd prefer the shooter killed more of them. They want to stoke that violence and fear and force them all back into the closet, if not use it as an excuse to engage in direct sadism towards innocents. Doesn't matter if they're calling gay/trans people "groomers", or talking about their "agenda", or worrying about "traditional marriage", every single one of them implicitly supports these attacks. And they need to be reminded of it. Repeatedly. Ad infinitum. Until they either flee public office in shame, or cross a line where legal action can take place against them.
    Hence why I like the direct solution. But I agree that it's probably not a recipe for stability...

I guess we have to hope that the culture "wave" just erodes support for their bigotry over generations. I mean, that's *usually* how things go. Wasn't that long ago that women didn't have universal suffrage, that segregation was seen as acceptable or even desired, that gays couldn't marry... It just sucks when so many bad things are happening in the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Some big BS right here. The US is the only developed country where this happens so frequently and so deadly

Clearly a mentally stable individual that was in full capacity to own a gun
    Sounds like the issue was that he wasn't prosecuted/convicted? There's a lot of issues with policing in this country...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    Hence why I like the direct solution. But I agree that it's probably not a recipe for stability...

I guess we have to hope that the culture "wave" just erodes support for their bigotry over generations. I mean, that's *usually* how things go. Wasn't that long ago that women didn't have universal suffrage, that segregation was seen as acceptable or even desired, that gays couldn't marry... It just sucks when so many bad things are happening in the here and now.
    We just need to convince those who aren't affiliated with said bigots that reaching across the aisle to bigots is not in any way acceptable. They need to be called out, to their faces, and we need to rub their noses in their malice. Over and over, repeatedly, doggedly, until they finally shut the fuck up and fuck off forever. If they don't like that, they can try and kill us, as they've been trying (and largely failing) to do. That's their options. Shut the fuck up and fuck off forever, or start trying to murder your way to the top. Because you're not getting any middle ground.

No negotiations with terrorists or terrorism-endorsers. And every single bigot falls under one of those two labels.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    We just need to convince those who aren't affiliated with said bigots that reaching across the aisle to bigots is not in any way acceptable. They need to be called out, to their faces, and we need to rub their noses in their malice. Over and over, repeatedly, doggedly, until they finally shut the fuck up and fuck off forever. If they don't like that, they can try and kill us, as they've been trying (and largely failing) to do. That's their options. Shut the fuck up and fuck off forever, or start trying to murder your way to the top. Because you're not getting any middle ground.

No negotiations with terrorists or terrorism-endorsers. And every single bigot falls under one of those two labels.
    Too bad moneyed interests say otherwise. Or are Democrats really just that much of a limp dick that there isn't some kind of corporate money interest tying their hands behind their backs, and they really are just that fucking spineless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    Too bad moneyed interests say otherwise. Or are Democrats really just that much of a limp dick that there isn't some kind of corporate money interest tying their hands behind their backs, and they really are just that fucking spineless?
    They're conservatives. That's why the constant refrains to work across the aisle, to unite the country, all that rot. The ones on the "left" aren't actually that much better than the ones on the "right".

It's not that they're limp dicks, it's that they benefit off the same prejudices by only paying lip service and making it a point of debate so nothing has to actually get done. The biggest step forward for LGBT rights recently happened because of SCOTUS, not politicians, and most of the remaining actual progress is getting done at local levels, not federal.

If they actually felt there was a "fight for democracy" going on, they'd sure as hell be actually fighting, and they're not. It's just rhetoric. So they can be seen saying the right things, and go back to capitalist excesses.

The person is nonbinary so I kinda doubt they are Boebert fans

That being said, at this point Im kinda indefferent? Republicans would rather all of us die than to pass gun control legislation
    No they aren't, they are trying to use it as a defense. The neighbors for the guy said he was a homophobic straight guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The only surprising thing about events like this is that they don't happen more often...given that hatred and scapegoating of these minority groups is mainstream policy for half of the political spectrum in the country.
    Most of these tough guy conservatives are actually chicken shit when it comes to having the balls and conviction to go through with something that would relieve them of their life or liberty. They're armchair warrior tough guys who sit behind a monitor.

I mean, why do you think they have guns in the first place? They claim it's to protect themselves. Which means they realize how powerless they themselves actually are. It stems from their fear of something happening to them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Every Republican who speaks against LGBT+ rights and freedoms carries responsibility for this attack and every similar one. Don't be deluded by their weak-ass hand-wringing; they want this. Or rather, they'd prefer the shooter killed more of them. They want to stoke that violence and fear and force them all back into the closet, if not use it as an excuse to engage in direct sadism towards innocents. Doesn't matter if they're calling gay/trans people "groomers", or talking about their "agenda", or worrying about "traditional marriage", every single one of them implicitly supports these attacks. And they need to be reminded of it. Repeatedly. Ad infinitum. Until they either flee public office in shame, or cross a line where legal action can take place against them.
    They fundamentally can't stop that because one of their core support bases is the pedophile community for whom they have to scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    No they aren't, they are trying to use it as a defense. The neighbors for the guy said he was a homophobic straight guy.
    People are who they say they are.

Sorry that you stop thinking people's identity doesnt matter when they are horrible people.

Sorry that you stop thinking people's identity doesnt matter when they are horrible people.
    didnt your sig used to be proud terf, nice to see uve changed

Indeed. Right-wing shitheels spend years demeaning trans and nonbinary people as delusional, but the instant they get the opportunity to use that as an excuse to avoid any of the obvious links between their hatred and lies and the violence it inspires, suddenly these identities are valid and should be respected. I'm not sure if it's more sad or more pathetic that you'd fall for and repeat that sort of garbage.

The absolute best case scenario for the people who think how this person identifies in a cynical attempt to garner even more support from the "murder the queers" crowd currently cheering him on matters, is that it goes to show that people being made to hate who they are can easily lead to terrible outcomes. Which...you know...is exactly the sort of shit anyone who values diversity, tolerance, and inclusion could have told them.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-11-25 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This you?

Terf is a slur these days. Thats why its bad but you learn to live with it
    This is based af

Full support for gay , lesbian and bisexual ppl but like the whole trans children stuff is super iffy and borderline child abuse from ppl that affirm that stuff
    Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    No they aren't, they are trying to use it as a defense.
    Yep. Regardless of whether or not he/they are actually nonbinary the only reason it's being brought up at all is trying to get out of hate crime charges since Colorado is in fact a state that will prosecute for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

But he didn't say it, his lawyer did, to try to get the hate charges dropped. His neighbors and his family say the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is beyond fucking sad and thoughts and prayers.

Yep every LGBTQ, Woman and POC ought to learn to shoot like working out and get a conceal carry permit. These morons are trying to kill anyone suggesting otherwise isn't a friend or ally.

I was actually considering using one of my properties to open a range specifically for this. Everyone should protect themselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This is beyond fucking sad and thoughts and prayers.

Yep every LGBTQ, Woman and POC ought to learn to shoot like working out and get a conceal carry permit. These morons are trying to kill anyone suggesting otherwise isn't a friend or ally.

I was actually considering using one of my properties to open a range specifically for this. Everyone should protect themselves.
    “Arm more people” is not going to be the answer. It’s not the answer in literally every other modern country that doesn’t experience these incidents. Maybe we should try what works for once, instead of the tried-and-failed “we’ve done nothing, and we’re all out of ideas!” gun legislation that has overseen every one of these mass shoutings.

Besides; the right wing doesn’t want minorities to have guns. They think a white person with a gun is a “trusted defender of freedom and Liberty,” whereas a minority with a gun is a “threat to life and property.”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    “Arm more people” is not going to be the answer. It’s not the answer in literally every other modern country that doesn’t experience these incidents. Maybe we should try what works for once, instead of the tried-and-failed “we’ve done nothing, and we’re all out of ideas!” gun legislation that has overseen every one of these mass shoutings.

Besides; the right wing doesn’t want minorities to have guns. They think a white person with a gun is a “trusted defender of freedom and Liberty,” whereas a minority with a gun is a “threat to life and property.”
    No what would have worked is if people who are now targets had armed and trained themselves sooner. Everyone should arm themselves to protect themselves from these alt-right lunatics.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    The rhetoric coming from some people who hold office is absolutely disgusting and get you in a lot of trouble any other civilized country I've seen people openly say so what about the deaths of the victims because they are gay...sick shit. This is beyond being apathetic towards a mass shooting so gun control is not legislated, it's promoting the killing of innocent people because they are anything but a cis person. It's genocide. Stuff you expect from failed states under harsh dictatorships not any civilized nation. Completely dehumanizing an entire group of people and saying it does not matter if someone kills them. I hate it all. It's a big fuck you wilth my whole chest to anyone spitting homophobic nonsense - you contributed to this emerging nightmare where gay people have to fear living their lives without some psycho using the made up 'groomer' bullshit to harm them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive