Opening $19.99 worth of loot boxes was way more rewarding than OW2's Legendary Skin.

This is what 20 dollars used to get us. Just depressing to watch now. I can't get over it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=efPH7Ueh9J8

Like yeah, absolutely, fuck loot boxes. But the fact that we're getting such insanely smaller rewards just just. Not alright, man........

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Yeah, doesn't feel right. We used to get roughly $2.00 in rewards in OW1 if you played tank or support.

Now? You get $0.02, and only if you play support. and even if you do all of your weeklies in a season, it's not even enough to earn a battlepass, or a legendary skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    A single skin costs just about as much as half of OW1's purchasing price. And in OW1 by simply playing the game you'd unlock a good number of skins, or the ability to purchase them, at quite a rapid pace.

They've really got to change their monetization method. Luckily most people seem to not be putting up with this nonsense. Saw very few of the two new halloween skins (previous events would usually have three or four new legendary skins plus a handful of rare and epics) being used.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think there'd be any problems if the level-earned lootboxes were still in the game. Just get rid of the purchaseable ones and everything would be fine. Alas.

Eh, all I saw was opening $20 worth of boxes full of crap I don't want. Just give me a cash shop and let me buy the skin I want for $20 straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Eh, all I saw was opening $20 worth of boxes full of crap I don't want. Just give me a cash shop and let me buy the skin I want for $20 straight up.
    20 bucks for a skin is absolutely retarded.
    How can any sane person ask for something like that?
    A skin is never worth more than 5 bucks. They should start realizing that with a lower price you make more money.

Lil bro out here really shilling for Biggie Transactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you would actually spend $20 on a skin, really makes that saying true. "A fool and his money..."

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdkartoffl View Post
    20 bucks for a skin is absolutely retarded.
    How can any sane person ask for something like that?
    A skin is never worth more than 5 bucks. They should start realizing that with a lower price you make more money.
    Honestly, 5 dollars seems expensive for some of the skins in the game.

There are very few legendary skins I can see being worth 5 dollars.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I love Overwatch, been playing it since the first betas, but I hope this new monetisation model sinks it into the fucking ground. It's so predatory and unrewarding for players, considering what we were originally promised. If they'd told me when Overwatch 1 was releasing that this is how it would turn out, I'd never have bought it. Even if it's free to play now, they made insane revenue from the first game just from lootboxes. Dialling back the current monetisation would be a huge benefit to the players and would still make them insane money, possibly more if people were willing to buy more skins. The only reason not to is pure greed. You only need to look at the god awful battle pass that doesn't even reward currency to see how greedy they're being. I hope the game dies so the practice isn't adopted more widely.