Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    yup, pretty much what the whole "I"m done with Blizzard/WoW" was by Preach. We all knew he'd be back for the next expansion.

And this goes for many of the content creators who left videos "quitting" wow and being "done" with Blizzard only for them to run right back to WoW with the new expansion
    He said neither of these things but don't let the witch hunt stop ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    He said neither of these things but don't let the witch hunt stop ya.
    I never said he said any of those things as I was talking about other content creators in the part you quoted me on.

All I said about Preach was his whole show of being "done with wow" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ6w--GhpaM

thumbnail alone - "we're quitting wow"
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-11-29 at 08:25 AM.

I never said he said any of those things as I was talking about other content creators in the part you quoted me on.

All I said about Preach was his whole show of being "done with wow" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ6w--GhpaM

Take it from me, my guy. It's not worth engaging that guy on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ya, seems so. I'll take your advice on him, thanks o7

10+ Year Old Account
    Like most content creators on YouTube Preach is going to do whatever is best for his stream and revenue. When it was best to announce he was done with WoW he did that. Now that there's a new expansion he's reversed himself. It's just business. To question the sincerity of it is only to point out the obvious. Check in a few months from now and see how it's going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yeah! I got to do a decent bit of raiding in WoD which was pretty good. Only Normal mode stuff, and primarily PUGs, but it was still fun. I really enjoyed the Hunter gameplay back then... Jumping around like an idiot and never standing still was so much fun.
    Warlords was a decent expansion for raiding. If you didn't raid it was less decent by quite a bit.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Hot dam, this was a pretty good insight video and good to see Preach use his calm and understanding personality to actually get some really good interviews with people involved with WoW, both current and past. This is not completly new insight, but there are definantly some more open and honest answers from Blizzard in this video than what we have had in the past.

This video is ofcourse not to be critical of WoW or to put Blizzard on the stop on some of the their core issues, but it is a video, that creates an honest conversation, that is about giving more insight and knowledge to the players of what is currently going on at Blizzard. The entire conversation about the modular development of WoW and its different eras was amazing and as always, love to hear Ion talk when he is actually just talking about design and what is good/bad, instead of being locked into defensive mode when he has to take the wave of critique head-on.

I applaude Preach for doing this, and no matter if he got money for this or not, it was still a really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I applaude Preach for doing this, and no matter if he got money for this or not, it was still a really good idea.
    Right? Instead of trying to get as most as possible from the interviews themselves, people are so damn focused on the "intentions" part it's just mind boggling. Who cares if it was opportunistic or not? Who cares if he did it for money or out of genuine love for the game? We won't know anyway, but the value of the work he did is still there.

Also, it makes you think all the people criticizng Preach are some damn moral beacons, fit to lecture everyone around on what's good and what's bad. But what exactly legitimizes them as such...? Oh, right. The ability to post in the internet.

Jesus the irony.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah did you listen to what he actually said in the video?

Because it seems you did not lol.

But if you're going to be one of the Relapses folk, at least thanks for letting me know ahead of time so I don't waste any time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Right? Instead of trying to get as most as possible from the interviews themselves, people are so damn focused on the "intentions" part it's just mind boggling. Who cares if it was opportunistic or not? Who cares if he did it for money or out of genuine love for the game? We won't know anyway, but the value of the work he did is still there.

Also, it makes you think all the people criticizng Preach are some damn moral beacons, fit to lecture everyone around on what's good and what's bad. But what exactly legitimizes them as such...? Oh, right. The ability to post in the internet.
    Even if he left Blizzard HQ with a huge bag of money, it does not change what info he sent on to us. Its not like he comes with facts, that are wrong. Sure, he has opinions, but they are few in my opinion, he is mostly just explaning things.

One can have any opinion they like about Preach quitting WoW and then maybe going back. Does this change anything about this video, not really. What i do know, is that this is biggest insight into Blizzard we have had in a while and im happy to see the backend of things, especially if i have to consume Blizzard products again.

There are plenty of critical works out there when it comes to Blizzard, hell, i even made some myself, so i think it is alright with one that looks a bit more postiive at Blizzard and actually try to make them not look like monsters and like people instead.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

sellout
    10char

I mean, this is the guy who said he was done with WoW ... now he's back. I can't see him as a genuine fellow because of that. But then again, plenty of Youtubers recently pushed Established Titles and they turned out to be fradulent, so, Youtubers gonna do what makes them money.

He could have said "we're taking a break" or "we're really scaling back coverage for now" but "done" is pretty big, I remember when he made his video about it and it seemed definitive and permanent, like his brand had moved on. His caveat was he, himself, personally may/would still play WoW.

At least Bellular or Asmon never said they were completely done with the game or company, but also called out the bullshit pretty plainly.

Edit, I watched the vid and have a better feeling about the whole affair. He acknowledges how he fell out of love with WoW and that led to his announcement. I personally know how that felt, and how it feels to want to love the game and even the company as a whole again despite that. I quit during Shadowlands and always felt an urge to go back and at least peek in, hoping A) the game got better and B) Blizz as a company got better, so Preach giving them another chance is pretty on target.
    Last edited by Doombringer; 2022-11-29 at 08:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not worth engaging because you're stubborn and can't accept when you're wrong.

This is called clickbait and generally uses hyperbole as a way to get attention. If you watch the actual video he says he's still playing WoW with his friends, it's just not going to be covered daily going forward, which it had been up until that point. It was mainly meant as an explanation to the part of his viewerbase that had come to rely on him as a source of WoW info/news.

Furthermore, he also states that if he sees significant changes/improvements he will be revisiting the game in the future. I'd say firing 37 employees and reprimanding another 40, and completely re-constructing the way expansions are designed (less modular content, no infinite grinds, no grinded barrier of entry - legendaries, soulbinds, etc) is pretty much exactly the criteria he set for returning to the game.

But it seems like outrage rules these forums, rather than actually thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
    This is called clickbait and generally uses hyperbole as a way to get attention. If you watch the actual video he says he's still playing WoW with his friends, it's just not going to be covered daily going forward, which it had been up until that point. It was mainly meant as an explanation to the part of his viewerbase that had come to rely on him as a source of WoW info/news.
    well if you bothered to read my original post, I literally said: "we all knew he was coming back for the next expansion"

and sorry, but if you are seriously trying to excuse clickbait and hyperbole :/

Furthermore, he also states that if he sees significant changes/improvements he will be revisiting the game in the future. I'd say firing 37 employees and reprimanding another 40, and completely re-constructing the way expansions are designed (less modular content, no infinite grinds, no grinded barrier of entry - legendaries, soulbinds, etc) is pretty much exactly the criteria he set for returning to the game.
    literally none of this has anything to do with what I was talking about.

But on this one point:

I'd say firing 37 employees and reprimanding another 40
    bobby's still in charge

and look at that even more lawsuits being filed despite "37 employees fired": https://www.ign.com/articles/activis...ssment-lawsuit

almost like firing the abusers is not enough and the studio needs a serious change in leadership, environment for employees and so on.

also if someone is going to return to the game after specifically quitting due to the lawsuits and what went down (not saying Peach did or said this, don't put words into my mouth)... then you can't while Bobby still in charge.

But it seems like outrage rules these forums, rather than actually thinking.
    Maybe read before replying next time. Thanks.
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-11-30 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Like most content creators on YouTube Preach is going to do whatever is best for his stream and revenue. When it was best to announce he was done with WoW he did that. Now that there's a new expansion he's reversed himself. It's just business. To question the sincerity of it is only to point out the obvious. Check in a few months from now and see how it's going.

- - - Updated - - -

Warlords was a decent expansion for raiding. If you didn't raid it was less decent by quite a bit.
    both statements are the straight and simple truth.

every sane person, older than 12 years, should realize the first statement by his own. especially for Preach.

while the second statement is strongly based on taste, i nonetheless still don’t know of any long term raiding player, that will not say exactly the same. including myself. the raids of WoD were top notch, no question. also the world design was great. and as often in wow, the small side stories were good (Yrel, Nerzhul, etc). besides that (general/overarching story arc, non raiding content, garrison problem, etc) not so much. but for raid loggers WoD was a 8/10 expansion.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-11-30 at 11:22 AM.

Great video. 10/10. Very rarely do we get this kind of content.

To everyone crying about Preach quitting and now is back: He never quit playing wow 100%. He said he would play with his friends now and again, but he wouldnt cover the game as part of his content anymore.

Maybe he didnt even bother playing seriously with his friends either. Cant blame him.

In any case, Blizzard seems to change and nothing would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    What's even funnier is that you think this is some kind of Burn.

The NFL has worldwide acclaim, with regular season games being played in London, Berlin, and Mexcio City. No Euro athlethes can even come close to competing in it, and the Super Bowl brings in more views and money globally than your shitty Soccer teams.

Sit down Euro. Let the grown-ups talk.
    I dont know if you are getting your statistics from dr. Trump himself but you are horribly misinformed.

NFL is a laughing stock outside the US. We all think its so fucking boring to watch because of all the breaks all the time. There are people from EU competing in the NFL - you have imports you know? Its just that literally almost no one in EU cares about American Handegg so we dont play it - and as thus we dont produce any competitive teams???

And no - LOL. The super bowl doesnt come close to the viewership that soccer has. https://www.ballerstatus.com/2021/01...e-world-today/

Even competitive Esports are outranking superbowl these days

Embarassing by EU standards - pretty standard day at the office by US standards