Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Listening to the community way too much was the biggest mistake.
    There was a variety of things I liked and disliked, but at the end of the day the community basically forced the game to do a 180 half way through, and that really killed any chance the game has of being coherent.

I can only hope that wont happen again this expansion, as its getting REALLY tiring investing into these systems only to have all of that upended a few months in.
    Very worried what that would look like with professions especially.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The ass-pull that this BIG BAD DUDE'S been the one, from the VERY BEGINNING of Warcraft's lore, pulling strings and plotting and scheming just to have it be "I was just trying to unite us against what's to come".

The big bad dude that, until the announcement, has never been even hinted at in the story.
    i kinda give them a pass on this one because Shadowlands has been a thing since vanilla, and its logical to assume there may be a big bad lurking in the Shadowlands we've never heard of. I would also assume something similar for the Void Lords, that there is probably a super powerful Void King or Void Queen in charge of them that is unnamed at this time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post

There were definitely some spots that weren't crowd pleasers. The Maw, which is literally supposed to represent Hell, obviously wasn't the most visually appealing place to be.
    The maw is hell they even send there sylvanas to do daily until we gonna need her aid

3+ Year Old Account
    Way too many micro-systems. Torghast was extremely bad. Alt unfriendliness. Lore was below average to say the least. The Maw should have never been created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Shadowlands tried to tell a cohesive narrative by forcing you to run the zones in order -- something we haven't had to do in a while. That's fine, I like a good, tight story. This wasn't it.
    only to make each zone totally isolated from next one making it more of doing 4 different arcs instead of actual single one, genius
    No one liked how in cata we portal around like clowns, and it was in same continent Azeroth and u can even technically fly to each zone if u want (except Stonecore), so we get an even far worse version of 100% instanced isolated zones to 'lvl' in them, with one of them (Kyrian) ur story is questionable at best and flat out evil at worst and trying to convince u they are the good guys with brainwashing cult so u have no 'pre-judgement'
    Of all factions in wow, 2 zones i really wanted to be on the 'bad' guy side and be with them against the so-called hero player: Westfall, and Bastion
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

zones
    leveling design
    dungeons
    convoluted systems

I quit after Castle Nathria for obvious reasons but the biggest thing was the maw.

Holy shit the maw was just insultingly bad. I payed money to play that. How much of a fucking asshole do you have to be to make the maw and put it in a game that is supposed to be fun?

Also all the other stuff was pretty bad. Dungeons were annoying, Castle Nathria was dogshit, leveling felt worse than going to work and you basically had to buy wow tokens to craft legendaries.

I had some fun with thorgast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Osperand View Post
    The Maw was just awful, tried to be dark and menacing but just became a chore. Felt like a level 1 character walking everywhere.
    Unless you were a worgen or a druid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I quit after Castle Nathria for obvious reasons but the biggest thing was the maw.

Holy shit the maw was just insultingly bad. I payed money to play that. How much of a fucking asshole do you have to be to make the maw and put it in a game that is supposed to be fun?

Also all the other stuff was pretty bad. Dungeons were annoying, Castle Nathria was dogshit, leveling felt worse than going to work and you basically had to buy wow tokens to craft legendaries.

I had some fun with thorgast though.
    I hated the maw. Limitation you had cause you made big blue mad and sends towers and those annoying npcs that pick you up and drop you pissed me off. Not to mention the chains and possibility of getting nuked 100-0 in a few seconds sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    We had 2 consecutive shitfests in BFA and SL. And looking at the amount of bugs this close to launch and the "new" systems that are nothing but the same old shit being reskinned and renamed just to hoodwink unthinking people like you. You can have fun with your new "expac" but I aint touching it with a ten foot pole. And I'd bet at the end of DF you like the other fanboys would say "oooooh this expac might be shite AGAIN but Ion has learnt his lesson so let's forget about this expansion and look forward to the next expac because Ion and his boys have reaallly learnt their lesson this time" lmao. People like you would just gobble whatever nonsense they churn out expac after expac which is why the devs do not bother anymore. Who cares about improvement as long as the marketing and hype is good enough to hoodwink people into buying their snake oil every time.
    This aged horribly lol

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This aged horribly lol
    How so? If anything my words came true. Same old shitfest with all the same old "systems" lmao. Fanboys like you will never learn. If it is that bad now already I cant wait to see how bad it can get come mid and end-expansion lmao. Even the fanboys at metacritic think it's terrible lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Thay should make covenant swapping AND account wide cosmetics being usable no matter what covenant you are in available from the start.
    Being locked out of tmog and mounts because I'm in different cov, killed the fun in collecting things for me.

Also, Thorgast should have used more different set pieces than Sanctum one only. They should give us layers based on 4 zones with other ones based on Korthia and ZM in 9.1 and 9.2.

Well for me
    SL starting quests were not good experience, specially intor parts which I h8. It was good that later on we could skip it.
    The story completely ruined and there were lots and lots of story bugs and loose holes.
    Professions were good and I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed Shadowlands for the most part, the biggest gripe I had was the lack of content updates in all honesty. I though Castle Nathria was a very impressive raid (aside from a boss or two). I loved the aesthetic of the place and thought it was one of the highlights of the expansion, the following raids were somewhat disappointing.

I loved the idea behind Torghast, when I first read up about it, I was super excited, but as others have mentioned it wasn't executed as well as it could have been. The Maw in general, was great to run through and do your business but slowly got old, as did Korthia and Zerith Mortis. I never really enjoy areas that are added through-out the course of an expansion, they always encourage grinding in some way or form and these areas weren't any different.

I didn't like that all the zones were connected through flight-paths from the main hub, it felt like everything was too disconnected for my liking, Dragon Isles has rectified this for me, with the inclusion of Dragon Riding, it's very fun to be able to go through all the zones at rapid speed. Really enjoying that.

Shadowlands dungeons were a highlight for me, I'm a pretty avid Mythic Plus runner and the dungeons on a whole were really enjoyable. I played pretty lightly through-out the first season as we as a guild were more raid focused, but I played a hell of a lot of the dungeons through-out season 2 and 3. I think these have been some of the best dungeons that they have rolled out and I have been playing since Wrath.

I'm really hoping to see more consistent updates this time round and I like the idea what they have done with merging the dungeons together for the Mythic Plus seasons, will be a breath of fresh air not having to play the same 8 dungeons for 2 years. I've been enjoying the expansion quite a lot since it's released, hoping it continues.

classes being oversimplified boring.

torghast not buffing your gear ilvl depending on layer difficulty (so you can torghast on alts without grinding for gear).

pvp abandoned and forgotten by blizz.

incredibly bad story writing and story telling, with characters so revoltingly repulsive and unbelievable that it hurts.