1+ Year Old Account

The kind of dragon we wanted.

What we wanted

What we got

There are other complaint threads you could have posted in but then you wouldn't get as much attention otherwise, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I for one always wanted to play out my Scalie fantasies.

ah yes because an entire game trailer is comparable to a blank 3D model render of a dance animation.

Dude I don't even like Dracthyr but if you're going to make yet another fucking thread on this, at least make an attempt at a point.

No, thanks. I never asked for something like that. On the other hand, I was surprised by dracthyr. In a good way. I still have my concerns, mostly about transmoging and limitation of visage forms in combat, but the race is fine how it ended.

I wanted drakes that were just short enough to pass through doors. Make them chromatic so they can represent all flights.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is this? You wanted to play a warrior who can ride on a dragon in the open world?
    You know that is exactly what we are getting right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why would you want the first dragon? It looks kind of boring.

At least the ones we got can dance!

Seriously, considering the Drakthyr just came out of a 20,000 year nap, they should be a lot skinnier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both look stupid.

Dracthyrs problem is that some furry/scaley designed it. It's yelling uncanny valley design. I am glad that we got visage form that works somewhat well with chosen identity toggled on since Evoker as a class is awesome.

It's shame that they didn't go with more hunched body shape with wings that have physics or better animations and not so stiff like they are made of plastic. And worst is the small head with uncanny valley face. It screams furry/scaley so badly that whoever designed it should get slapped in the face. But ofc that is just my own opinion.

Here is a simple dragon head I made in blender (my first try at sculpting in blender and pretty much overall):
    https://imgur.com/gallery/1DOpGrm
    I know it has way too large eyes. I modelled it after old jurassic park toy I have.
    I would prefer my design much more than what we got but I would also prefer much more something menancing looking like Smaug or already in the game dragons head looks. Why we got furry design instead of something cool? Dunno. It's a shame they have so horrible designer in their team. Prolly same fella who makes WoW UI because oh boy that shit is ************ ***** ********* and **********...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Both look stupid.

Dracthyrs problem is that some furry/scaley designed it. It's yelling uncanny valley design. I am glad that we got visage form that works somewhat well with chosen identity toggled on since Evoker as a class is awesome.

It's shame that they didn't go with more hunched body shape with wings that have physics or better animations and not so stiff like they are made of plastic. And worst is the small head with uncanny valley face. It screams furry/scaley so badly that whoever designed it should get slapped in the face. But ofc that is just my own opinion.

Here is a simple dragon head I made in blender (my first try at sculpting in blender and pretty much overall):
    I know it has way too large eyes. I modelled it after old jurassic park toy I have.
    I would prefer my design much more than what we got but I would also prefer much more something menancing looking like Smaug or already in the game dragons head looks. Why we got furry design instead of something cool? Dunno. It's a shame they have so horrible designer in their team. Prolly same fella who makes WoW UI because oh boy that shit is ************ ***** ********* and **********...
    1- what makes it a "furry" design, that your head would change?
    2- the head is actually too large in comparison to the other humanoid races.
    3- how is your head better? it is literally the exact same style, hell other then a few things here and there like the GIANT eyes, you can pretty much make that head ingame now.
    4- the fact you think the same person who made a model worked on the code for the Ui is just... why?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-11-28 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This is the kind i wanted, Born to slay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Both look stupid.

Their head and neck are defintely too small for body 4. The whole model looks too feminine with those meaty thighs and narrow shoulders. Your head doesn't improve much on it, though. The jaw is too small and the overbite is still present. What I like about it is bigger snout.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    What we wanted
    Nope, I didn't want that boring, uncreative thing being portrayed the exact same way in so many cliched movies, games, and books.
    Dracthyrs, on the other hand, are much more interesting. Tyty.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I never realized the Dracthyr dance was that level of straight up dirty, a lovingly crafted masterpiece

Blizzard always so impressive at the weirdest things

Uff thanks God you have over 20 different races and 12 other classes to play, if you don't like Dracthyr

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This subforum is to discuss the Evoker class, not the dracthyr racial model. There are also plenty of threads in the appropriate subforum already discussing this, so this thread will now be closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead