Dragonflying DC while landing

As title says, I been landing and getting dc'ed and then suck in a constant dc loop

has anyone got a fix for this

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    As title says, I been landing and getting dc'ed and then suck in a constant dc loop

I managed to get around it by quickly clicking off the mount before I dc’ed then on next log in I was good, think it had to do with landing on a slop.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I’ve had this happen too, a couple of times at the sides of staircases, possibly on a slope like the other person mentioned. I’ve learned to fix the weird dc loop by logging into an alt and then back onto my main.

Not really sure what WoW's deal is with DCing people for random reasons like this. Honestly it's one of the more annoying flaws in this game they seemed to have gone out of their way to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Not really sure what WoW's deal is with DCing people for random reasons like this. Honestly it's one of the more annoying flaws in this game they seemed to have gone out of their way to add.
    Last I checked it was a result of anti-cheat tech, which disconnects people if it detects you being in a weird position. The problem is that sometimes movement skills cause a false positive on this, and that's why you DC when landing, or on stairs and elevators, or when leaping, etc. During early SL the giant guy in Revendreth that flings you into the light zone regularly DCed people on landing, even though using it was very much the intended way of playing that part.

It sucks, but it's nothing new. This kind of bug has been in the game for years, if not decades.

either log in again and again until you land OR.. wait 10 minutes

I'm getting disconnected only while Dragonriding, too. Let it be landing, flying too fast into textures (hill / mountain) or changing my dragon's appearance. All my disconnects are related to the dragons and I'm not the only person that's having these problems.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Why not give this small startup company with their first product some time to work out the bugs.

What losers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Yes, this happened when i landed on boxes that left me falling down the map, when trying to log in i instantly disconnected.

Just google "wow character unstuck service" and reset
    Your char to a safe place
    love WoWarcraft

Ye, this is what happens, when a small indie conpany introduces new, super fast mode of transportation, complicated terrain full of clutter and doesn’t update its dated anti-cheat mechanism that has been buggy at best since its conception. Also, when this happened to me, the unstuck website was bogged down (what a shocker), so I had to wait for my character to despawn.

This has been happening since Alpha with dragonriding and usually has to do with landing at high speeds/certain angles. It is ofc much better now (for a while in beta you just DC'd every time you landed unless you landed softly) but they clearly have not figured it out yet. I've also seen the frames skipping when I am at extremely high speeds during dragonriding races.

15+ Year Old Account
    5 mins on alt did the trick for me
    given it hapend once in last ~2 months, or 6 days if its only dragon related, i can live with it

if you want some perspective go read lost ark forums they have some "better" things to do on daily basis :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Pretty sure it's the same thing that was causing Fel Rush to DC DH at Legion launch. Your character's hitbox clips into the ground or some other object in the environment and they game boots you because of it.

Use the unstuck service on an alt. That solved it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I DCd when trying to jump off a cliff. I was running towards an object just on the edge of the cliff, hit the angle between the ground and the object an immediately DCd. Didnt get stuck in a loop.

Why does the game DC when you land or clip things? Does it just not like your position or something?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I can't find it now for the life of me, but I remember a long time ago, Blizzard gave an explanation for why we'll never see flying faster than 310%. It was a technical reason.

Previously, in the game, if you've ever noticed how you're flying faster than the game could render objects in the world, you would see what they're talking about.

However, I watched another player dragonriding the other day, and they were glitchy as hell. Stop, go, jump forward, etc... Their internet connection wasn't keeping up (I surmised it was the other player, and not me, because I could see other players dragonriding fine).

In the history of WoW, the game has always shit on itself when the location of where you are at in the client (local on your PC) does not match up with where the server thinks you're at. Because of this, I was surprised when they announced Dragonriding, because it was going to open up a whole host of new issues. I assumed they got new tech to overcome the previous challenges. Apparently...they're still working out the bugs.

I would not be surprised if Blizzard has a bunch of technical engineers right now cursing out developers for implementing something they said would be a bad idea.
    Last edited by ablib; 2022-12-05 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I DCd when trying to jump off a cliff. I was running towards an object just on the edge of the cliff, hit the angle between the ground and the object an immediately DCd. Didnt get stuck in a loop.

Why does the game DC when you land or clip things? Does it just not like your position or something?
    I got stuck in a disconnect loop when trying to just gently step off a ledge and land two feet down.