Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    I'll be the first to admit I don't like flying and think it was a mistake for them to add it to the game in the first place, but in this case it's absolutely a you problem if it's about exploration. I've been mostly running on foot on my dragon if I'm in areas I haven't been before, and only when I'm going over already explored areas or trying to get to something I otherwise can't reach do I actually fly. Just because you can fly doesn't mean you have to if you don't want to unless you're in war mode or something where it would be foolish not to, which is why I don't like flying personally since it's a massive advantage and deterrent for ganking.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    As a druid main with herbalism I can think of 1 way normal flying is better.
    That is easily remedied by speccing 40 knowledge points into botany as it allows you to gather herbs without dismounting.
    Then you can zip around the place, land pick up the herb, lift off repeat.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    If he wants to explore by ground mount there is absolutely nothing stopping him. The reason people are "demeaning" is because he is trying to take flying away from everyone because he doesn't have the self discipline to not use it. Its called being spiteful.
    This logic is just self serving. Dont be dicks regardless

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    This logic is just self serving. Dont be dicks regardless
    I mean, we can also say he is just outright wrong and we are just as immersed, if not more with the dragon mounts. It's easier than ever to explore every nook and cranny and fits with the theme. So, what is the advantage of going back to ground mounts?

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I really like the system itself, but I feel like it was a major mistake putting it at the start of the expansion. I'm flying through entire zones in a matter of seconds, basically just jumping around from quest marker to quest marker and ignoring the world itself. The feeling of exploring a new continent has completely vanished for me, as I'm not slowly uncovering the map and finding interesting places anymore. I'm dashing from one place to the next at breakneck speed, not caring what is in between them at all.

    The system also makes the new areas feel small as hell. I've already seen the entire expansion in like 20 minutes by collecting the glyphs. And now I can just go from one end to the other in 2 minutes. There's zero sense of scale. It almost feels like playing a few small new patch zones.

    The gameplay itself feels amazing, but I would've prefered just having ground mounts and then getting dragonriding for each zone at the end. They barely feel like actual zones to me, as it's like I'm teleporting around and skipping everything instead of actually exploring.
    Dragonflying isn't destroying exploration. We've had flying relatively early on in previous expansions. This is nothing new

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I mean, we can also say he is just outright wrong and we are just as immersed, if not more with the dragon mounts. It's easier than ever to explore every nook and cranny and fits with the theme. So, what is the advantage of going back to ground mounts?
    I don't disagree with you, just the way people convey their opinions without any leash.

  7. #247
    How you go is entirely up to you.

    I run a lot of places, myself.

    Sometimes I hop on a ground mount. I make plenty of stops along the way and aim not to cheese the exploration by using a flying mount...

    When I need to travel a long distance I might hop a flight master or go dragonriding. I like having the choice.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFromMarketing View Post
    "I'm flying through zones in a matter of seconds"

    This is what the majority of the community wanted, so it's what we all got.

    At least it's a gameplay feature that requires some involvement as opposed to pressing your wyvern key and holding down spacebar until you can't be touched by anything.

    For what it's worth I think it's fine. Blizzard cannot, or doesn't want to make fighting random mobs fun or exciting so letting us skip them is the next best thing.
    I think the answer is "cannot". At least personally, I'm not going to enjoy fighting through random mobs that don't give me anything unless Blizzard significantly changes WoW's combat system to something more modern/actiony.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFromMarketing View Post
    "I'm flying through zones in a matter of seconds"

    This is what the majority of the community wanted, so it's what we all got.

    At least it's a gameplay feature that requires some involvement as opposed to pressing your wyvern key and holding down spacebar until you can't be touched by anything.

    For what it's worth I think it's fine. Blizzard cannot, or doesn't want to make fighting random mobs fun or exciting so letting us skip them is the next best thing.
    I disagree with that last part. I actually thing the random npcs you fight in Dragonflight are the best they've been. There are a lot of dull ones mainly the mindless grunts, but there are also some really great encounters where enemies have basic boss mechanics that you have to dodge or interrupt. They've struck a really nice balance.

  10. #250
    You problem with exploration that you jump... don't jump and you can go explore

  11. #251
    People like OP are why we had to wait a year to fly every expansion since WoD

    If you don't like flying you can walk - stop forcing your will on other players

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •