Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    follow up question: why do you have little doubt in your mind as to that motivation?
    Because, ever since Legion, all the systems were designed in a way that requires one to play almost every day, if not every day, to remain competitive. Dragonflight is the first expansion to finally give us "time to breathe", to the point that World Quests resetting twice a week instead of every day.

wow doesn't have microtransactions baked into the gameplay, nor advertised within the game,
    True. However, we do have microtransactions advertised in the launcher, which is required to open the game, AFAIK. So it's getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    This is a bit like saying Coca Cola has gotten stale over the years because it is just a drink and you can't chew it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think there isn't a daily checklist in DF that you need to do to avoid falling behind, then you're just so casual and disconnected that you're unaware of game mechanics.

Covenant systems like soulbinds are literally rolled into talents now. And you'll be grinding and recrafting your "special embellished" crafted items every tier. They even cost more than legendaries did.
    What daily check list would that be...?

Asking as a player who has ahead of the curve already... the only thing I can think of is crafting knowledge and that isnt needed to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    This is a bit like saying Coca Cola has gotten stale over the years because it is just a drink and you can't chew it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think there isn't a daily checklist in DF that you need to do to avoid falling behind, then you're just so casual and disconnected that you're unaware of game mechanics.

Covenant systems like soulbinds are literally rolled into talents now. And you'll be grinding and recrafting your "special embellished" crafted items every tier. They even cost more than legendaries did.
    Recrafting doesn't cost more than legendaries because it is just a fraction of the original materials

Yes soul binds and covenant abilities are rolled into talents and if you can't see the difference between having it all once you cap vs having it time gated idk what to tell you

As for a daily checklist the only daily thing is tuskar rep and super rares which once you get to a certain ilvl is meaningless

The things you could no life since launch are
    Cobalt rep which I finished
    Obsidian farm for rep which is done and designed in a way to be finished after about 6 resets
    Renown which gives some gear above 380 after 20
    Super rares every day
    Storms which you only do for the weekly sigils

Tell me though what mandatory grind I'm missing out on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    What daily check list would that be...?

Asking as a player who has ahead of the curve already... the only thing I can think of is crafting knowledge and that isnt needed to progress.
    There's nothing
    He's just parroting other BS claims because freedom of choice is such a foreign concept and any criticism towards the systems of the past is bad because you need to constantly log on otherwise you aren't a real gamer and are just casual

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenoteeth View Post
    I dinged 70 and I checked out new content, some are familiar like from good ol' Legion days, some features improved or revamped, but overall they removed all the systems that made Legion/BFA/Shadowlands great, which at the end this expansion will suffer.

Thoughts?
    Your opinions are valid. However, a majority of us are enjoying the heck out of the new systems. Overall, this expansion has the potential to be one of the very best put out there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Mission tables did not take much time at all, and typically you would have some followers getting you resources to turn it into a self-sustaining machine. The initial time investment to get the Garrisons to Tier 3 and have things up-to-snuff was definitely more involved, but typically it was like... five minutes per character per day once everything was running, at least in terms of farming gold.
    Someone forgot that you needed the trading post to gather followers with the best traits, that had a weekly cd?, and RNG followers with rng traits, otherwise it wasn't that lucrative. Or reroll their ability, which came in a later patch. And level them. And gear them. Sure, by the last patch it was easy, (still timegate) but from the start? Na-ah. On 10 chars? Like having 10 alts was the norm in WoD. It started to be more of a norm in Legion with the class hall achieves, mounts etc. And then how it caused an insane inflation in the game and in the economy is the other thing.
    Last edited by Lei; 2022-12-17 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenoteeth View Post
    I dinged 70 and I checked out new content, some are familiar like from good ol' Legion days, some features improved or revamped, but overall they removed all the systems that made Legion/BFA/Shadowlands great, which at the end this expansion will suffer.

Thoughts?
    If you want a long grind to work on i recommend getting all the things...

if you dont want to do whats available in game then there are thousands of other games you can play and enjoy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    You mean the mission table I always heard that "I only do them with 10 characters and it's easy money"? I don't even know how you were supposed to get the resources to do tables with multiples characters without using hours and hours of game time on that alone, not to mention having multiple characters leveled up and upgraded Garrisons. At which point would there be time to do something else in the game? Or was the point that WoD didn't have anything else?
    In WoD, you got enough resources from the table itself to run it. That was part of the problem, the most efficient way to get anything done in WoD was basically sitting around in your Garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Mission tables did not take much time at all, and typically you would have some followers getting you resources to turn it into a self-sustaining machine. The initial time investment to get the Garrisons to Tier 3 and have things up-to-snuff was definitely more involved, but typically it was like... five minutes per character per day once everything was running, at least in terms of farming gold.
    I have completely missed that kind of resource generation. Makes sense.