talent- any means nessecary

hi all.

just wondering to me this talent looks cool. but a lot of builds avoid it. is there a reason for this? pretty new to DH in all honesty but this seems like a must have Talent?

It's not so much that it's bad, but that to get it you have to give up on a bunch of other 'mandatory' talents if that makes any sense. It has some great synergy with Immolation Aura and Elysian Decree - turning them into chaos damage and boosting them by 20% - but you then have to build around those things which necessitates picking up a bunch of otherwise lackluster Sigil talents (sigils fucking suck) and specializing into Immolation Aura which runs counter to the way MOST people play Demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    It's not so much that it's bad, but that to get it you have to give up on a bunch of other 'mandatory' talents if that makes any sense. It has some great synergy with Immolation Aura and Elysian Decree - turning them into chaos damage and boosting them by 20% - but you then have to build around those things which necessitates picking up a bunch of otherwise lackluster Sigil talents (sigils fucking suck) and specializing into Immolation Aura which runs counter to the way MOST people play Demon hunter
    Not really Most AoE building is running something like this
    https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...UiRGCkBEFgZEBQ
    I wouldn't say I like it as throw glaive is weird and chunky. And you are relying on immolation aura, rage fire, and eye beam right into essence break. in higher m+ keys and more organize groups, you would take momentum over Chaos theory. But since I am pugging most of the time is better not to take momentum since I have no idea how the tank pulls