Poll: What should happen to Dragonriding?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    While they've already done 4 of the more common skeletons, they still have quite a few to go :
    Those that are done or doesn't need to.
    Grypon.
    Cloud serpent
    Dragonhawks
    moths
    bats/great bats
    hippogryphs
    vultures/birds
    flayed wings

Those use existing models for their animation and belong to one of the 5 core animations, which they could pretty much just flip a switch for.
    The rest of them? They use pretty much the same skeleton.
    Some of the others, super rare novelty mounts? Sure, their animations would have to be fixed BUT do they REALLY? Would anyone really care? Not me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Those that are done or doesn't need to.
    Grypon.
    Cloud serpent
    Dragonhawks
    moths
    bats/great bats
    hippogryphs
    vultures/birds
    flayed wings

Those use existing models for their animation and belong to one of the 5 core animations, which they could pretty much just flip a switch for.
    The rest of them? They use pretty much the same skeleton.
    Some of the others, super rare novelty mounts? Sure, their animations would have to be fixed BUT do they REALLY? Would anyone really care? Not me at least.
    None of the models you noted there have the requisite dive or surge animations, at a minimum.

None of the models you noted there have the requisite dive or surge animations, at a minimum.
    Answer my last question though, even for the rarest and quirkiest mounts, is it really needed? Does anyone care if they dont have the "right" animation whatever that is?
    Do those mounts even need dragonriding enabled?
    I think people are creating a problem where there is none.

While they've already done 4 of the more common skeletons, they still have quite a few to go :

• gryphons
    • horses(cats,yaks,dogs,pigs,etc) with wings
    • bees/flies
    • cloud serpents/worms
    • dragonhawks (!)
    • planes/hovercrafts/helicopter
    • elementals
    • animites/blood..things
    • moths
    • bats
    • great bats (plague/gravewings)
    • jellyfish
    • rockets
    • flying carpets
    • horses (moose?) without wings
    • hippogryphs
    • vultures/parrots/birds
    • rylaks/flayed wings
    • nether rays
    • sky golems
    • kites/gliders

Which is to say, it wouldn't be quite the simple task it originally seems.
    It is simple. It will just require a certain effort.
    Evem though some will be awkward to do, but they brought it on themselves when they added them .. such as flying jellyfish but these can also stay forgotten in the old swimming in the air system.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take both please and thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Enable both. Regular flight for AFK straight line flying or when you just want to hover in place waiting for something, Dragonflight for getting around quickly when you're actually there to pilot your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Option 2. Alongside a World Revamp. /hopium
    Would be great, though even with a revamp EK and Kalimdor will never have the verticality that makes Dragonriding feel so good unless they were to redesign it from the ground up and do a bigger version of the world with everything scaled up to be lore-accurate.

Dragon riding wont be fun after another 6 months so option 1, keep it as a DF exclusive feature, besides, they'd have to add mounts each time to suit this making less mounts and more mount customisation which people tend to dislike long term.

Less is more in theory, not in practice in wow's case, wow has always benefit from having more general content and the problem with dragon riding is its a niché with talents basically disguised artifact weapon/azerite/anima system while trying to act like its new content.

In reality, its not, it wont last.

If I had to make a suggestion, remove it entirley, make regular flying at level 70 as soon as .1 patch, remove talent systems and focus instead on making vertical progression based zones more interesting i.e. make systems for flying itself rather than a new type of mount.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Answer my last question though, even for the rarest and quirkiest mounts, is it really needed? Does anyone care if they dont have the "right" animation whatever that is?
    Do those mounts even need dragonriding enabled?
    I think people are creating a problem where there is none.
    People spent time getting these mounts and being told “they’re second class mounts indefinitely” will matter, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It is simple. It will just require a certain effort.
    Evem though some will be awkward to do, but they brought it on themselves when they added them .. such as flying jellyfish but these can also stay forgotten in the old swimming in the air system.
    If they make dragonriding a permanent system for the whole game/world, they can’t simply abandon the flying mounts people put time into earning. Hell, the jellyfish mounts such as the hivemind and zereth mortis versions you noted were hefty time investments. “Sorry, this is a forgotten mount now” isn’t a response Blizzard can make.

People spent time getting these mounts and being told “they’re second class mounts indefinitely” will matter, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

If they make dragonriding a permanent system for the whole game/world, they can’t simply abandon the flying mounts people put time into earning. Hell, the jellyfish mounts such as the hivemind and zereth mortis versions you noted were hefty time investments. “Sorry, this is a forgotten mount now” isn’t a response Blizzard can make.
    Why not? Can you use all your ground mounts to fly with? No? Why would this be different?
    The only time it would create an issue is if they decided to remove old flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they can. They do it all the time with all sorts of things. Achievement criteria, legendaries, set bonuses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Dragon riding wont be fun after another 6 months so option 1, keep it as a DF exclusive feature, besides, they'd have to add mounts each time to suit this making less mounts and more mount customisation which people tend to dislike long term.

Less is more in theory, not in practice in wow's case, wow has always benefit from having more general content and the problem with dragon riding is its a niché with talents basically disguised artifact weapon/azerite/anima system while trying to act like its new content.

In reality, its not, it wont last.

If I had to make a suggestion, remove it entirley, make regular flying at level 70 as soon as .1 patch, remove talent systems and focus instead on making vertical progression based zones more interesting i.e. make systems for flying itself rather than a new type of mount.
    How will Dragonriding not be fun in 6 months? That's like saying driving cars in GTA won't be fun after 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You can't have both 'no flying' and 'flying' - because that means designing two completely separate expansions each time.

The best thing about the dragonflying system is that it isn't just flying - you have to be engaged with it, that means it is also game play.

As long as you can't AFK or auto on it - then it will be better than the old school AFK version of flying.
    Sorry, meant both normal flying and dragonriding, letting people do whichever. I gave up long ago on the idea of no flying at all, at least long term.

Honestly loving drangonriding and it has been a BIG part of dragonflight so far, you really think next exact they're gonna try get everyone to go back to ground mounts? That would be ROUGH.

Let people have the option, drangonriding offering speed and old flying offering a slower alternative is something that's fine to have side by side imo.

Option 2, I still prefer normal flight for very short distances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!