BfA raids still not 'easily' soloable? No damage scaling vs level above content

Hey, I just tried to do Uldir on LFR difficulty with my level 70 character. I was under the impression that raids from 2 expansions ago would be easily soloable due to the damage buff but it seems to not be the case as I'm doing my regular damage in there. As far as I know, even Ion said this should be the case explicitly.

Is this intended, as a new design philosophy yet again or just a bug/oversight?

There's no hard and fast rule on when the legacy content scaling bonus will kick in. Back when it was first introduced, it was believed to be when you were 11 levels higher than the intended level for the content, IE roughly 2 expansions, but it was never an established rule by Blizzard.

So far we have 8x damage scaling in Legion content since SL launched, but none in BFA content as of DF. I think at best, we'll see Blizzard fix some fights that are mechanically difficult to overcome, such as G'huun, but I doubt you'll see any scaling changes implemented during DF or we'd have gotten them already.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I remember back in MoP when I could easily solo Cata raids in ToT lfr gear. Now they keep dialing back on soloing, proudly presenting they enabled legacy buff to Legion raids. Lol, this should have been there when Shadowlands started and now we should get BFA buff.

But seems like Blizzard hates soloing old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Hey, I just tried to do Uldir on LFR difficulty with my level 70 character. I was under the impression that raids from 2 expansions ago would be easily soloable due to the damage buff but it seems to not be the case as I'm doing my regular damage in there. As far as I know, even Ion said this should be the case explicitly.

Is this intended, as a new design philosophy yet again or just a bug/oversight?
    I'm not sure, why they do it. Back in old times it was simply about outleveling content. Raid bosses were max+3 levels, so in next xpack they were max-7 and after +2 xpacks they were max-17. But constant level squishes and scaling changes turn things into complete mess. But, I guess, that's intentional design. My theories:
    1) They want you to grind +2 xpacks endgame gear in order to do -2 xpack raids. Getting max level is too easy task. Wanna old gear? Buy new xpack and grind gear for months, bro!
    2) They realized, that many players were getting fun while doing old content. But they have their own vision of "fun". So they decided to keep old content "challenging". I.e. still require solo skill or group to be done.
    3) This is anti gold farming measure. They just don't want solo players to farm gold easily.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.