Any tips for surviving War Mode as enhancement shaman?

Hi!
    I play enhancement shaman as my main for as long as I can remember and love it, to be honest. However, I recently switched War Mode on, and I am being obliterated by almost everyone. Recently, I got crushed hard by a Warrior in tank mode, and he barely lost any HP, in tank spec! I am ilevel 263 and do quite well in dungeons, or during leveling. Not a single mob poses a real threat. Yet, any alliance character wearing plate is destroying me! I am not pretending to be really good at PvP, but these fights do not even feel fair against my shammy.

Obviously, I could simply switch War Mode off again, and enjoy leveling at peace, but where is the fun in this? I still enjoy the occasional fights with mail/cloth players, where we both give everything to stay alive. There, you win or lose some, and that's fun.

For info, I am following more or less the talent tree from Icy-Veins.com called 2.4. Physical: Single-Target and Raids. I tried to switch Ancestral Guidance for Earth Shield, for the fun only coz it barely helped for PvP.

Anyway, any tips are welcome for surviving against melee plate enemies.

Cheers!

Welcome to warmode

Tanks will destroy most things

1+ Year Old Account
    Shaman is very mediocre at 1v1. Sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak View Post
    Hi!
    I play enhancement shaman as my main for as long as I can remember and love it, to be honest. However, I recently switched War Mode on, and I am being obliterated by almost everyone. Recently, I got crushed hard by a Warrior in tank mode, and he barely lost any HP, in tank spec! I am ilevel 263 and do quite well in dungeons, or during leveling. Not a single mob poses a real threat. Yet, any alliance character wearing plate is destroying me! I am not pretending to be really good at PvP, but these fights do not even feel fair against my shammy.

Obviously, I could simply switch War Mode off again, and enjoy leveling at peace, but where is the fun in this? I still enjoy the occasional fights with mail/cloth players, where we both give everything to stay alive. There, you win or lose some, and that's fun.

For info, I am following more or less the talent tree from Icy-Veins.com called 2.4. Physical: Single-Target and Raids. I tried to switch Ancestral Guidance for Earth Shield, for the fun only coz it barely helped for PvP.

Cheers!
    you are sure he was been on simillar ilvl?

anyway for warriors its as easy as it can be
    we have 3 pvp talents to equip
    can have 10-14 sec physical immunity to sit down burst cds
    can get totem that mirror back all dmg
    extra heal from healing surge after 3 sec can work wonders to
    need to test "no go zone" totem to should be funny against mele :P

ascendance bypas armor and make you ranged for it duration, more or less, with decent build
    earth grab, increased selfheal from talents are not bad choices
    i can heal 90% hp with critical Healing Surge on myself (given thats after using FS, HST and with 10x MSW), although its not that realiable in pvp without stable maelstrom generation, wolfs or ascendance heavy builds may help

there is posibility to easly build in lightnig lasso which is some crazy skill in pvp especially on 1vs1

warrior never was been an issue from my experience although i dont have to much time to extra play with other players on WM atm sadly so maybe im outdated or something

ancestral guidance is nice for heavy aoe/burst cds m+ its not that good while you are doing world quests or pvp etleast with current health pools and rather limited dmg :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2022-12-07 at 11:18 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak View Post

Cheers!
    Wow, this build is crap, no wonder you struggle in world pvp.

Get one shot build + earth shield/elemental/orbit/improved shields + feral lunge, hex, focused insight. Drop thundershock (wtf, this talent makes Thunderstorm useless in pvp) and Ancestral Guidence (useless in single player, small teams).

Buy health pots and gliders. Get Blood Coin 4 set, always use pvp trinkets in open world (for insane set bonus) and you are set. Most people don't use these in open world so you already have a big advantage.
    Last edited by melzas; 2022-12-11 at 01:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use all Crowd control totems from the shaman tree, all speed boost and defensives (laso, earth grab etc etc), make your enhancement tree the "
    physical ST " with as much as many cds as possible (ascendance etc). Name it "warmode" and ..good luck.

Well to "enjoy" warmode you have to be fully PVP specced, otherwise forget about being viable.
    Usually what is good in PVP and what is good in PVE/leveling is completely opposite, so your leveling speed will suffer a lot by going PVP oriented talents.

I do not know what is the warmode bonus these days but unless your faction dominates the server its unlikely that the bonuses outweigh the time lost from PvPing.
    Now if you enjoy that sort of PVP then go full PVP spec and give it your best.

Though to tell you the truth shamans were never a good DPS class in PVP, outside of some gimmicks.