Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's less of an MMO than Vanilla and TBC, but thankfully not a second-life treadmill.

I, like many waiting for Wrath again, love the slack between requirements and enjoyment. Initiative is really the leverage point, here. I can do it as much or as little as I want and still keep in step with most other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    First expansion I ever quit, so I woulnd't call it fun to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    People who want to "get over with" content so they can move onto some other game or alt sound like they actually desire a daily second work shift.

Nothing is preventing you from, you know, skipping the content that you want to "get over with" so you can get to something thats more fun to you.
    This is 100% not True, I despise leveling especially quests, but to get to the content I want to play i.e., Dungeons and Raids I have to level every expansion. If there was a way to bypass leveling I would do it in a heartbeat, I would not even be able to play classic if not for the character boosts. I have long said after you have done the BS chore of leveling in a new xpac you should be able to hit a button on an alt and instant level to max.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This is 100% not True, I despise leveling especially quests, but to get to the content I want to play i.e., Dungeons and Raids I have to level every expansion. If there was a way to bypass leveling I would do it in a heartbeat, I would not even be able to play classic if not for the character boosts. I have long said after you have done the BS chore of leveling in a new xpac you should be able to hit a button on an alt and instant level to max.
    There is "MMO's" that are just want you want. Just a city then raids and dungeons and maybe a road between the cities if there is more than one.

This is what leads to a boring MMO though where you only login 1-2 day a week and play 3 hours to raid........

Classic was dead as they released TBC classic

What we have here is the niche that longed for the golden days realizing they aren't so golden meanwhile the niche that likes to raidlog stuff as it was and the speedrunners are happy

Y'all don't want a classic wow ...y'all want a time Machine and a neutralizer

Quote Originally Posted by creambones View Post
    Outside of raiding, is there anything to do?. No world quests, no rare mob/boss farming for gear, no mythic+ for challenging runs and rewards. You have nothing to do for the entire week once you clear the raids in 1 day.

Naxxramas difficulty is the same as a Mythic+ in Dragonflight.
    The thing is that it was like this back then, but people loved it then. People love it now despite all the problems with it and like to view things through rose-tinted glasses.

If you weren't raiding, there wasn't a lot to do and when they put things to do like Argent Tournament it was meh and boring (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Y'all don't want a classic wow ...y'all want a time Machine and a neutralizer

This pretty much as well sums up a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    Thank god there is not a giant list of chores you have to do daily, or else you fall behind other players. There's retail if you're into that.
    They just got rid of that.

People finally realizing that Wotlk wasn't as amazing as they thought. Especially that there is so much more to do in retail than in classic

You have to wait for Argent Tournament to get the dailies.

What's wrong with being able to raid log? You have time to play other games, enjoy life outside of your computer chair.. you know, stuff people do when World of Warcraft isn't their whole life.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What's wrong with being able to raid log? You have time to play other games, enjoy life outside of your computer chair.. you know, stuff people do when World of Warcraft isn't their whole life.
    I personally don't think anything wrong with it but we got a nice subset of the population that wants what wow felt like back then and simply can't get it....

I appreciate the fact that I don't have to X hours of mandatory daily grinding. It's no way "boring" it just means I can play as much as I want or need to.

T7 burnout has officially kicked in. Ulduar has to be coming in January.

Plenty to do, achievements, dailies, alts, you're just not doing them to get gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Original Wrath was boring. I completely skipped Naxx and Ulduar. To this day, I have never raided in Ulduar in any form. Did a little tournament. Played ICC some.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

If only they had the RDF tool in the game, like they did with all their other systems reagrdless of patch, from the start. 3.3 was the friendliest WoW had been by that point in terms of having alts and it would do wonders in the reforged version we are playing in terms breaking the monotony of questing and enticing people to, you know, level alts.

Oh no, I can't play Wrath for 24 hours a day, my life is ruined.

I'm enjoying the casual aspect of it. No obligation to log on every single day, enjoying raiding and maximising damage and parses every week. Much better than Dragonshite.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm behind the curve massively, as I've only played Wrath Classic a little bit since it launched, but I did get my first character to 80, a DK that will likely be farming max level content for gold to funnel to alts. Not sure if I want to do a Hunter or a Warlock next, but so far I've enjoyed it. Hell, I might not make any alts and focus fully on my DK... So, for me, nah, it's not boring. I don't play every day, but I don't feel the desire to.

Raid logging is why I liked the game pre-legion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonflight exists so that's the alternative. In my case Classic's appeal was lost with lack of Dungeon Finder, I was casually levelling through Classic (40ish) but I don't want to spend time trying to form a group for a normal dungeon instead of just questing and queueing in the meantime. I'm not really the target audience for Classic though, I'm someone who heavily plays Retail and my social circle is there.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )