Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe when we get to Avaloren we find that several Scarlet Crusade ships landed there several years ago during WotLK and they've built a small state there.
    I would be down for that. Would give a nice bit of conflict besides whatever rogue Titanforged we find there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would be down for that. Would give a nice bit of conflict besides whatever rogue Titanforged we find there.
    Or maybe we'd get no conflict from them. Could be our base of operations in an entirely hostile land.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when we get to Avaloren we find that several Scarlet Crusade ships landed there several years ago during WotLK and they've built a small state there.
    From a story hook and setup standpoint, that would be cool. On the other hand, this is a place with multiple failed excursions organized by Titan keepers. How did the SC survive? Unless Avaloren is not dangerous at all and the Titan expedition didn't return cause it has beer fountains and tig-biddy anime hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    From a story hook and setup standpoint, that would be cool. On the other hand, this is a place with multiple failed excursions organized by Titan keepers. How did the SC survive? Unless Avaloren is not dangerous at all and the Titan expedition didn't return cause it has beer fountains and tig-biddy anime hookers.
    The Titanforged expeditions happened thousands of years ago. Since then who knows what has happened to the local civilization and how many of their defenses are still operational.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Titanforged expeditions happened thousands of years ago. Since then who knows what has happened to the local civilization and how many of their defenses are still operational.
    Thousands of years unbothered by the outside world? It better look like freakin Amaurot.

I am very curious about the human heritage storyline. The Defias on the move again, attacking Northshire and robbing Stormwind Keep, and with an unlikely ally (probably Vanessa lets be real) that may have lore implications (if it's Vanessa, who stole the Defias from her?)

They made a point to encrypt these two heritage quests so I think there may be some pretty big details in them. The Defias in the Human one and then Outland shenanigans with Orcs.

Regarding Scarlets: they absolutely will be a plot thread given the BFA foreshadowing and the "Heir of Lordaeron" they seem to have (who is now conveniently aged up post timeskip).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I am very curious about the human heritage storyline. The Defias on the move again, attacking Northshire and robbing Stormwind Keep, and with an unlikely ally (probably Vanessa lets be real) that may have lore implications (if it's Vanessa, who stole the Defias from her?)
    Thank fucking god. The VanCleefs are the only good villains Blizzard produced for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

They made a point to encrypt these two heritage quests so I think there may be some pretty big details in them. The Defias in the Human one and then Outland shenanigans with Orcs.

Regarding Scarlets: they absolutely will be a plot thread given the BFA foreshadowing and the "Heir of Lordaeron" they seem to have (who is now conveniently aged up post timeskip).
    Im......gonna not judge just yet. Wary with how things will play out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's actually a fairly clever idea I didn't think of. Absorbing Iridikron's power would be a nice way to empower either of them with Neltharion's old charge.
    I think Sabellian and Wrathion are both doomed to failure in the pursuit of the Obsidian Throne. Ostensibly, Blizzard offered us a “choice.” So now for them to choose a victor is to tell many players that their choice was the wrong one, which they are loathe to do.

It’s going to be a dark horse candidate. Ebonhorn, Iridikron himself, or even a time-displaced Neltharion… I find all of them more likely, given the philosophies of the current writing stable. Iridikron with a face turn being the front runner by that logic, as he is also an original creation of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think Sabellian and Wrathion are both doomed to failure in the pursuit of the Obsidian Throne. Ostensibly, Blizzard offered us a “choice.” So now for them to choose a victor is to tell many players that their choice was the wrong one, which they are loathe to do.

It’s going to be a dark horse candidate. Ebonhorn, Iridikron himself, or even a time-displaced Neltharion… I find all of them more likely, given the philosophies of the current writing stable. Iridikron with a face turn being the front runner by that logic, as he is also an original creation of this team.
    Without getting into spoilers its looking fairly likely to be Ebonhorn/Ebyssian. Wrathion being locked into the aspect role means he won't be able to get spammed around expansions like Blizzard wants him to be.

There is also the chance that the Aspects cease to exist as a concept so NOONE gets to be the Black Dragonflight Aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is also the chance that the Aspects cease to exist as a concept so NOONE gets to be the Black Dragonflight Aspect.
    That would be completely unfun. Hyping up dragons and the aspects and then "Lol sorry no aspects now."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They where pretty open that "choosing" sabellian or wrathion is of no consequence and is purely a fun way to change up reputations a bit. It's the community that is spreading rumours about blizzard counting the keys given to each to choose an aspect or other theories.

They also told all the sylvanas loyalists that they made the wrong choice multiple times in shadowlands so theres that.

Alternatively they might choose the best option narratively, and just ignore the players who complain bout which one they chose.
    It hardly even matters in the grand scheme. Both Sabellian and Wrathion could be the leader for equally valid reasons. You could even hve a co-leader deal just to cut the proverbial knot.

Just anything so long as it isn't Ebyssian. Just leaving the choice of aspect for an eternal cliffhanger would be better than that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Eh the choice really isn't much of one since you can change so easily after the weekly reset. It just seems to be a way to make things a bit interesting.

I completely missed the Defias bit, was it datamined? That's very interesting, and could be building up towards a future storyline.
    Also is it me or based on the comments on official articles, datamining and the forums, people seem more inclined towards a world revamp? I felt like these pas few years we were quite the minority, but now people are more vocal about it. It could be a post-SL effect, I don't know, maybe it's just an impression...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id like this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That would be completely unfun. Hyping up dragons and the aspects and then "Lol sorry no aspects now."
    On one hand, I agree. On the other hand how do you validate the existence of dragon aspects if they can't even deal with their own internal problems without needing help from creatures that haven't even evolved back when they took their office.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    On one hand, I agree. On the other hand how do you validate the existence of dragon aspects if they can't even deal with their own internal problems without needing help from creatures that haven't even evolved back when they took their office.
    Is there a single faction of Warcraft beings that didn't go through a huge change WITHOUT murderhobos?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And basically a repeat of Cataclysm ending.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.