1. #2781
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Feels like Emerald Dream stuff is a definite for 10.2 then. Could tie up all kinds of loose ends with that. Nelf storyline (possibly Forsaken storyline by proxy), Ysera and Merithra storyline, open area west of Ohb'ahran plains. Could even bring in Decatriarch Wratheye for a link to Decay.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #2782
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Feels like Emerald Dream stuff is a definite for 10.2 then. Could tie up all kinds of loose ends with that. Nelf storyline (possibly Forsaken storyline by proxy), Ysera and Merithra storyline, open area west of Ohb'ahran plains. Could even bring in Decatriarch Wratheye for a link to Decay.
    Well Decay is the closest link to what the theme of the Emerald Dream is. Maybe some Sundered Flame stuff to. That last part is speculative cause if the head guy of the Sundered flame is gonna die, they might not be relevant anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  3. #2783
    Have to keep in mind 10.1.5 is gonna have a mega dungeon and likely an outside zone as well

    I think the frost incarnate is definitely going to have some storyline with ysera likely a clutchmate similar to Alex. I'm ready for the big reveal of "omg iridikron made a deal with the void"

  4. #2784
    Immortal Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    7,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Have to keep in mind 10.1.5 is gonna have a mega dungeon and likely an outside zone as well

    I think the frost incarnate is definitely going to have some storyline with ysera likely a clutchmate similar to Alex. I'm ready for the big reveal of "omg iridikron made a deal with the void"
    Well, roadmap does not show any new zone in 10.1.5. It is also not really needed, looking at Tazavesh.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  5. #2785
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Aren't those like the best zones Blizzard creates? Like Duskwood, Tirisfal, Silverpine, Gilneas, Drustvar, Revendreth, even Grizzly Hills for a lesser extent with the dead World Tree and the werewolf problem.

    Then ones that are more like Diablo, funnily enough. Besides Nazjatar and the ED my dream expansion is one set in an alternate Azeroth where Gilneas was not destroyed by tidal waves and is run by a Greymane that has two living children. The catch is that in that universe instead of worgen, Arugal summoned Venthyr with their boss included.
    These definitely are the best zones to my taste

  6. #2786
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well Decay is the closest link to what the theme of the Emerald Dream is. Maybe some Sundered Flame stuff to. That last part is speculative cause if the head guy of the Sundered flame is gonna die, they might not be relevant anymore.
    Spoilers for the 10.1 campaign, but the last chapter is called A Flame, Extinguished and Emberthal takes in the Sundered Flame who refuse to follow Sarkareth (and he mind controls all his remaining followers). I think the Flame will be incorporated into Emberthal's new creche and that plotline is solidly finished after 10.1, unless Sarkareth escapes the final fight which would be a neat twist. Maybe he gets sucked into a portal to see the Void Lords/Azshara

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Fyrakk's pink + orange and very fire focused look is a breed apart from the more standard Void look. If there's any meat at all in the Iridikron Light theory it's the aesthetic one though, as we're now two raids in and both have been underground, while 10.1 will have a void-themed end boss, which doesn't really lend itself to Iridikron who'd be both underground and void.
    You have to give the WoW team credit for not doing Iridikron in the underground, Neltharion/Deathwing zone and raid. I also predicted a Lifelands jaunt with all the Elements/Life lore behind the Dragons, but the Dream is also a swerve from what a lot of people were predicting I think (as opposed to "the tree is a zone lol" which would piss so many people off I would be shocked if they did it)

  7. #2787
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Having killed two of her siblings isn't gonna make her suddenly good, especially after being imprisoned for thousands of years.
    Yes, she might not agree with Iridikiron later down the line, but due to the sunk cost fallacy she'll still be on the side of the primalists, perhaps her own faction similar to the sundered flame.
    That's my feeling as to what at least should happen, as well. I think it would be more interesting to use her as a recurring villain and keep the untainted Primalists around. However, keeping in mind Blizzard's history with this sort of thing, I'd be reluctant to assume they'll take the most interesting route.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I will say that Fyrakk being corrupted just because he wanted to breathe fabulous purple fire on moles while laughing his ass off rather than because he had moping to do does endear me to him, at least on the off-chance he makes it through the patch. I also would much prefer that Vyranoth remain in charge of a left-over proper Primalist recurring villain faction, as they fill a different niche from Old God cultists, but this is Blizzard we're talking about so her taking a love and peace suppository is near guaranteed.
    This new set of villains is refreshingly short of self-indulgent cinematics highlighting their insufferably tragic history. I am also inclined to agree re: Fyrakk, though it does effectively seal his fate, when I think he would be the best kind of recurring villain to have. I think variety is important when we account for the recurring villains likely to appear in future expansions, and we have a few more villains like Vyranoth and not quite too many like Fyrakk personality-wise, though I still wouldn't turn my nose up at the former since she at least does the "extremist irrevocably convinced they're justified in their beliefs" far better than the last few villains we had with that kind of personality, likely owing to the fact that she has well-defined, tangible objectives unlike the Jailer and isn't pathetically misguided from both a Watsonian and Doylist perspective like Sylvanas. Still, I think that a better villain to have frequently pop up with that kind of personality would be the likes of Vanessa VanCleef, since her objectives are so comparatively close-to-earth and the fantasy equivalent of Ulrike Meinhof strikes me as an interesting blueprint for a villain.

  8. #2788
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,727
    Anyone else wants to get Dracthyr seperate transmogs for their drakonid and visage forms? Especially with all the new "here are shoulders, cloak and a tabard" ensambles that fit quite well with the dragons but are kinda hard to match with fitting hands/legs/boots.

  9. #2789
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Anyone else wants to get Dracthyr seperate transmogs for their drakonid and visage forms? Especially with all the new "here are shoulders, cloak and a tabard" ensambles that fit quite well with the dragons but are kinda hard to match with fitting hands/legs/boots.
    Yes.
    That drake and visage form don't have seperate appearance options is like the #1 reason why i don't play one.

    If i try to make a mog for one form, the other will aesthetically suffer.
    And i refuse to commit fashion crimes on my characters.



  10. #2790
    I am Murloc! Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes.
    That drake and visage form don't have seperate appearance options is like the #1 reason why i don't play one.

    If i try to make a mog for one form, the other will aesthetically suffer.
    And i refuse to commit fashion crimes on my characters.
    The only answer is, never go into visage form.

  11. #2791
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes.
    That drake and visage form don't have seperate appearance options is like the #1 reason why i don't play one.

    If i try to make a mog for one form, the other will aesthetically suffer.
    And i refuse to commit fashion crimes on my characters.
    I think mecagnomes are still waiting for more customisations for their extremities as well ^^'

    But honestly the toggle for transmog shouldn't be too cumbersome to implement for dracthyr

  12. #2792
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I wonder if neltharion gauntlet of dracthyr mind control will play a part in the story they want to tell this expansion.
    Just a hunch, but that might be something they keep on the backburner for Dracthyr story in future expansions, when Order (and just dragons) plays a role. The Baine questline gives me hope for several small-scale race/class-related stories in minor patches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I also would much prefer that Vyranoth remain in charge of a left-over proper Primalist recurring villain faction, as they fill a different niche from Old God cultists, [...]
    While I'd like Vyranoth survive as a recurring antagonist, keep in mind that the mortal Primalists are predominantly former Twilight's Hammer, so they would be fine with Old God/Void influences, and at least the higher-ups might know of the pacts that Iridikron made, and see the corruption of all the (remaining) Incarnates as their endgame.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  13. #2793
    Seems every dragonflight is getting a set of armor. Whats odd is the Newest armor the Blue dragon flight has a Infinite dragonflight color tint!
    Chromie becomes new aspect of the Bronze An Nozdormu Becomes Murozond But is swayed to become a friendly ? or some shit idk lmao

  14. #2794
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    Chromie becomes new aspect of the Bronze An Nozdormu Becomes Murozond But is swayed to become a friendly ? or some shit idk lmao
    God I hope not I can’t stand Chromie anymore.

  15. #2795
    I would be really happy if both Iridrikon and Vyranoth manage to stay alive but have their power lessen than only one remaining alive and its alignment changed. Their ideals matter in this conflict and they shouldn't be changed. They are interesting character and this expansion should carry on most of its interesting cast (let it be visually, story based or character based).

    One way they could also accomplish this is the same way they've ended wc3 they need to face off a common evil (let's say dark Tyr) and realize that what corruption they see in their foe is kind of a necessary strength because alone they couldn't have win against their common foe. Then they go their way promising to remain ever watchful of the aspect and to bring them down if they ever stand against them when they will rid the planet of the evil titan watchers Odyn or some other shenanigans.

  16. #2796
    Immortal Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    7,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    God I hope not I can’t stand Chromie anymore.
    Well, she still improved from her early days of time schizofrenia that prevented her from correctly recalling events and people.

    Not sure about her chances, there is a pretty strong indication that this infinite dragon we team up with in time travel quest chain is her future/alternate version.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I would be really happy if both Iridrikon and Vyranoth manage to stay alive but have their power lessen than only one remaining alive and its alignment changed. Their ideals matter in this conflict and they shouldn't be changed. They are interesting character and this expansion should carry on most of its interesting cast (let it be visually, story based or character based).
    Not sure about them being interesting. They are a very cookie cutter villains with known goals that just look cool. Peeps were simply tired with overarching schemes and "there was someone behind the final boss" meme. Rash was actually liked just becasue how simple she and her plans were past SL. No Jailer-like 5D chess moves. And their ideals are to kill every Titan spawn (which basically means us and so many other races) and wreck Azeroth with elements, so dunno what's so good and worth keeping about it.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-03-19 at 07:32 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  17. #2797
    Scarab Lord Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    4,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

    Not sure about them being interesting. They are a very cookie cutter villains with known goals that just look cool. Peeps were simply tired with overarching schemes and "there was someone behind the final boss" meme. Rash was actually liked just becasue how simple she and her plans were past SL. No Jailer-like 5D chess moves. And their ideals are to kill every Titan spawn (which basically means us and so many other races) and wreck Azeroth with elements, so dunno what's so good and worth keeping about it.
    It's pretty much about having memorable designs and easy to understand goals and origins that doesn't need to take a dump on established lore to exist. That's all it takes nowadays.
    But yeah "I prefer the void over titans so I'll kill everyone even remotely related to titans" doesn't strike me as interesting and memorable. And if we empower the aspects again, there isn't really a good position for them to occupy if they "change their alingment and entire personality" but stay as cool looking monster dragons.

  18. #2798
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure about them being interesting. They are a very cookie cutter villains with known goals that just look cool. Peeps were simply tired with overarching schemes and "there was someone behind the final boss" meme. Rash was actually liked just becasue how simple she and her plans were past SL. No Jailer-like 5D chess moves. And their ideals are to kill every Titan spawn (which basically means us and so many other races) and wreck Azeroth with elements, so dunno what's so good and worth keeping about it.
    I would personally be inclined to argue that it's a tad beyond the simplicity of their objectives, but moreso that their objectives are sensible and consistent within themselves—the Jailer's convoluted plan, in addition to clearly having no pre-determined endgame on a Doylist level by the time Shadowlands was released, or even by the time it ended, was simply lacking in any consistent motivation. The Primal Incarnates' motivations, in addition to their simplicity and explicitly being stated, are subject to a degree of internal consistency and sensibility that was wholly lacking from not merely the Jailer, but the entire rogue's gallery of Shadowlands.

    I also think you're confusing value on a Doylist and Watsonian level re: the Incarnates' objectives. I believe Skildar's suggestion was that the Primal Incarnates ought to stick around on account of that their ideology fills a sensible niche within the new Cosmic Forces arc—it absolutely makes sense that a number of Azerothians of non-Titanic extraction have become disillusioned with the Titans, even if they are generally benevolent in spite of their occasionally-iffy necessary evils, and that certain Azerothians would seek to represent Azeroth alone. It also helps to add more convolution, as it means that the generic modern fantasy solution of "FWEEDOM GUD EVERY1 W/ ANY ULTERIOR OBJECTIVES BAD" will itself be subject to a degree of scrutiny instead of blindly heralded as the correct option subject to universal praise like it was when Illidan decided to fry Xe'ra for saying "hey, maybe you shouldn't potentially risk the entire existence of the universe as we know it so you can stay a literal demon because you think becoming a better person inexorably translates to an absolute loss of autonomy".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It's pretty much about having memorable designs and easy to understand goals and origins that doesn't need to take a dump on established lore to exist. That's all it takes nowadays.
    I'd also add that they're remotely entertaining to watch—or at least Fyrakk is. The fact that I can actually name even a single distinguishing personality trait I gathered from each one in the cinematic trailer for 10.1 is another remarkable point of superiority to the likes of the Jailer.

    On the topic of designs, although I assume you're talking about their fairly distinct and interesting-looking visage forms, I'd assert that the only one who had a particularly appealing non-visage form to me was Raszageth. This is just a matter of personal opinion, but I think that of their Proto-Dragon forms, the only one that really seemed very unique was Raszageth's.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-20 at 07:46 PM.

  19. #2799
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    God I hope not I can’t stand Chromie anymore.
    That would be so uninspiring.

    Now Iridikron somehow becoming the Balck Aspect after being touted as the most dangerous and powerful of the Primal Incarnates would be far more interesting.

    Esp the effect on Wrathion and Sabellion and the drama that could ensure. Not to mention the Drscthyr’s black flight essence.

  20. #2800
    Immortal Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    7,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Now Iridikron somehow becoming the Balck Aspect after being touted as the most dangerous and powerful of the Primal Incarnates would be far more interesting.
    Precisely just as "interesting" as N'zoth joining Army of the Light.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •