Blizzard needs to redo the old Heritage Armour quests, it's criminal how Core races get full questlines through multiple zones and even cutscenes (for Humans and Orcs), while Void elves only get one quick quest from Alleria.

The funny thing is that an actual questline for the Ren'dorei Heritage Armour would present the opportunity to finally revisit Quel'Thalas, even if only in Scenario form, and could tell a story of divergences and reunification.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard needs to redo the old Heritage Armour quests, it's criminal how Core races get full questlines through multiple zones and even cutscenes (for Humans and Orcs), while Void elves only get one quick quest from Alleria.

The funny thing is that an actual questline for the Ren'dorei Heritage Armour would present the opportunity to finally revisit Quel'Thalas, even if only in Scenario form, and could tell a story of divergences and reunification.
    I think it's fine if humans and orcs get more attention. Warcraft started with them.

Finished the human heritage, nothing too earth shattering there. Still, nice enough. And I do like that its not just the red tint that has a robe but all three.

Durak is using a grown up orc model, which looks incredibly awkward next to his sister, who's slightly younger and uses the child model.
    Orc puberty hit hard I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    I think it's fine if humans and orcs get more attention. Warcraft started with them.
    I also played the Blood elf Heritage questline and they got an entire questline spanning through Eversong Woods, Ghostlands, and even an instanced scenario in the Sunwell.

I know that the Worgen Heritage questline takes them to an Emerald Dream version of Gilneas.

Meanwhile, all Allied races get for their Heritage armour is a turn-in quest to their racial leader. This is so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Durak is using a grown up orc model, which looks incredibly awkward next to his sister, who's slightly younger and uses the child model.
    Orc puberty hit hard I guess.
    They hit 'adulthood' at 10, so that sounds about right, even if the model could've used a little more work and... the voice just isn't that good, he sounds too... Smooth, for an orc.
    Twas brillig

Turalyon not appearing at all for the Human heritage quest is very funny, I assume it's a budget reason and not "lol he dies" because these are both very specific moments in time and not supposed to be evergreen events.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Turalyon not appearing at all for the Human heritage quest is very funny, I assume it's a budget reason and not "lol he dies" because these are both very specific moments in time and not supposed to be evergreen events.
    Isn't that questline about the Defias and Onyxia? Given how Turalyon literally has 0 ties to these guys, it's not at all surprising. Turalyon unfortunately doesn't have a lot to contribute in that storyline, because he was already gone by the time Onyxia and the Defias entered the picture. He has no connection to the parties that were involved at the time.

Besides, that's the Heritage armour for STORMWIND humans, and Turalyon ultimately comes from Lordaeron. Blizzard might have felt like he didn't belong in a heritage questline centred around the Kingdom of STORMWIND.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-03-22 at 12:20 AM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Next expansion we DEFO getting world revamp/tinkers/void vs light/etc.
    Tbh as much as I would like tinkers… I highly doubt we’re gonna get a new class two expansions in a row…

Unless they’ve secretly had tinkers finished since BfA but just needed and expansion to put them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Best part of the orc heritage quest is Jorin reappearing and planning to reunite his clan's Outland and Azeroth groups
    Oh, Jorin's back? That's a nice development.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Oh, Jorin's back? That's a nice development.
    EVERYBODY is back, the orc heritage chain reads like a wishlist of old orc characters, the only guy who didn't show up that I was hoping for was Oronok Torn Heart, but everyone else is there.

Ariok, Rexxar, Leoroxx, Gorgonna, Gorfax Angerfang has gone from being a nobody to having some decent lines even
    Twas brillig

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Krastinov's original story in Scholo from Strat wasn't horror to you? Or the constant screams on the way to Thaddius?
    That's 100% horror imo. Nazmir and Drustvar were good horror zones. Granted I really hate horror, but they felt like it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I don't remember Krastinov original story, I should read it up on wowpedia.
    But the constant screaming is a nice addition I would say. Take Sanctum of Domination or Icecrown Citadel, you could hear screaming on a whole level of these raids but I was never felt stressed out by it. There is room for horror in wow but techniques should be adapted to make it work.

I think the only scenario that worked well on me in terms of horror was the ulna one where you are in very very dark forest, and black shades with glowing eyes are slowly coming towards you from all sides. At the same time you hear this little girl all afraid and whimping clinging to you for aid.

The other one I have in mind is not really horror but I was kind of stressed out by it, probably because it was the first time I didn't feel safe in wow. In zul farrak when you ring the gong, a horde if trolls appear and you have to push them off as they climb the pyramid. It was a good and stressful experience, but weirdly enough this one doesn't work at all today ^^
    I don't remember hearing screaming in Icecrown? I should know, I've done it several times trying to get Invincible lol. I think you meant to say Naxxramas?
    Also, guess I'll just skip Sanctum. No thanks.

Ugh, just hearing people scream stresses me out and gives me anxiety. Fuuuck that.
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2023-03-22 at 04:42 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Just finished the story part of Forbidden reach an it just came too me those Dragon flight armor sets that we are seeing are going to be Dracthyr Heritage armor of sorts i dont think its going to be a every race set

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The equivalent for that is the actual unlock questline.

And in general, they can't just re-make older things/create new stuff every time something else gets a new shiny update.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'll admit that I'm deeply disappointed in the Human Heritage Armor questline, especially the bits with Vanessa. Evidently, Vanessa gets to have an entirely unprompted personality replacement after having previously felt nothing but illimitable hatred for Stormwind and its leadership. The dialogue is no less pathetic than I expected, either. The Defias join her, too, with the entire subfaction that had anything in the way of nuance seemingly disintegrating to make way for the precursor to a commune. I had hoped that Vanessa would become a recurring villain and remain wholly in-character, yet it seems we get to be treated to another Anduinite hatching from the hollow carcass of a character that used to have depth, going straight to friendly banter with a representative of the kingdom that oversaw her father's murder and implicitly disowning the name she got from him—after, mind you, having overseen enough in the way of terrorism and murder to make even the most level-headed, utilitarian sort turn to the sunk-cost fallacy. This is especially amazing given she isn't even in proximity to Anduin, yet even his residue is sufficient to poison her beyond repair as a character.

This is quite shocking given how good the Orc questline was. Normally I have a good laugh where Blizzard fumbles, but this is legitimately frustrating. How in the hell could they screw this up so terribly?
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-22 at 07:21 AM.

Doing the orc heritage quests on my orc warlock will feel hilarious.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think Turalyon could be evil. Though it would have to be a complete brainwash, not one where he genuinely believes it.
    Yeah well at that point even freakin Velen could be evil. Brainwashing is a copout. This is a key reason I don't like the Old Gods existing. It is such an easy way to create villain motivations: "Oh I listened to a hentai protagonist for too long and now I am misanthropic." Nah, screw that.

--snip--
    It would have been a very nice questline if the goal was for Shaw to educate us on moving forward and let go on ancient bickering to focus on the future of stormwind kingdom. We invite the defias to honor them and bury the hatchet, all a scheme to murder them all and try and rid stormwind of this old enemy that pollute their lands. The last of defias dies and their rebellion with them. They could always bring back Vanessa using necromancy, old fashion but effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    It would have been a very nice questline if the goal was for Shaw to educate us on moving forward and let go on ancient bickering to focus on the future of stormwind kingdom. We invite the defias to honor them and bury the hatchet, all a scheme to murder them all and try and rid stormwind of this old enemy that pollute their lands. The last of defias dies and their rebellion with them. They could always bring back Vanessa using necromancy, old fashion but effective.
    I'm not quite sure if I like that, either—it feels out-of-character for Shaw. I think the idea of trying to reconcile with the Stonemasons without any strings is perfectly sensible and would be nice, though most of the Defias' hardliners, such as VanCleef herself would obviously refuse and maintain their status as a terrorist organization. I think the Defias are very good long-term villains, or better yet a faction which could oscillate under VanCleef between heroism and villainy under different circumstances, and squandering them in any way would be pretty inadvisable. VanCleef definitely shouldn't have been reduced to an Anduinite, regardless.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit that I'm deeply disappointed in the Human Heritage Armor questline, especially the bits with Vanessa. Evidently, Vanessa gets to have an entirely unprompted personality replacement after having previously felt nothing but illimitable hatred for Stormwind and its leadership. The dialogue is no less pathetic than I expected, either. The Defias join her, too, with the entire subfaction that had anything in the way of nuance seemingly disintegrating to make way for the precursor to a commune. I had hoped that Vanessa would become a recurring villain and remain wholly in-character, yet it seems we get to be treated to another Anduinite hatching from the hollow carcass of a character that used to have depth, going straight to friendly banter with a representative of the kingdom that oversaw her father's murder and implicitly disowning the name she got from him—after, mind you, having overseen enough in the way of terrorism and murder to make even the most level-headed, utilitarian sort turn to the sunk-cost fallacy. This is especially amazing given she isn't even in proximity to Anduin, yet even his residue is sufficient to poison her beyond repair as a character.

This is quite shocking given how good the Orc questline was. Normally I have a good laugh where Blizzard fumbles, but this is legitimately frustrating. How in the hell could they screw this up so terribly?
    I guess after circumstances forced her to work alongside all of them in Legion she kinda mellowed down. Plus it is hard to fight against Varian when he has been dead for years now. Still it would be nice for her to stay as a sort of anti-hero. Her conclusion on: "Guess I'll hand out soup to people" Is pretty much a character assassination.
    At least they did not completely forget the character and tied the story somewhat to the expansion.