10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Not gonna drag this down further, so this will be my last reply, but they did pull it out of thin air and then justified it with existing lore. Not saying there's anything wrong with it because it opens up a lot more possibilities.
    You have it backwards. The goal was to make the dragon characters of WoW playable (Alexstraza, Kalecgos, Wrathion, etc.). Since you can’t play as a massive four legged dragon, they created bipedal, player-sized dragons, and created lore around those new models. Beyond size and number of legs they walk on, there’s little different between a dracthyr and a dragon. Evokers even have the abilities of some of Warcrafts dragon characters.

In short, you don’t get to the Dracthyr without decades worth of dragon lore to base them upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Very true. The fact that there weren’t even any classes from WC3 that Evokers could’ve been based on is interesting for the future.
    Not really, they just used HotS instead. Evokers have several abilities from Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing HotS.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-21 at 11:36 AM.

so after checking out the dungeon journal we dont kill iridikron and the dragons that get revived in the blight of galakrond fight look like the other 3 incarnates
    the final boss is also that infinite dragon from uldaman so its definitely that relic

im wondering if iridikron is just trying to revive and empower his fellow incarnates

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A character sort of needs to have lore before they build an expansion around them. I can't think of any expansion based on a character(s) that have no lore.
    Zovaal says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Zovaal says hi.
    His plans have been in motion since W3
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Zovaal says hi.
    Shadowlands (and BFA) revolved around Sylvanas, not the Jailer. Zovaal was just an ass-pull used to justify her actions so that we couldn’t kill her. That said, he was supposedly pulling strings since WotLK. So even he really didn’t come from nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    His plans have been in motion since W3
    Did they pull it back all the way to WC3? That’s some Fast and Furious level retconning right there.

Hopefully in future expansions, Blizzard doesn’t produce an antagonist like that again. The Incarnates in Dragonflight are a pretty good sign that they’ve learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    My guess is no new class next expansion but a reshuffle where certain existing specs will be turned into support.
    Hm, I hope not. I hate the idea of specs changing so drastically. It has happened a few times admittedly (Survival hunters, Blood DKs changing to tank) but it just seems sucky to suddenly have your favored spec change so. Back with the leaks and teases for the Evoker for example, I was really concerned that Arcane was going to be really changed since some of the guesses and rumors indicated that Evokers were going to take a bunch of Arcane Mage themes and abilities (in the end, was just the name, thankfully).

If you're going to alter a spec drastically enough to change its role you might as well just create a new one, I feel.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2023-05-21 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    Please, can't a moderator ban Teriz permanently? Varodoc was the first step, Teriz is the second step for a better world. I'm even willing to convert and worship any old god if need be.
    I mean… he’s entirely right, though, in this case. We were told as much during the Dragonflight announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't care whether he's right or not, he derails the thread.
    As long as people respond it will continue

On topic to the thread:
    They are reworking mage with 10.1.5 I'm wondering if by the end of the expansion we will see major changes to many of the classes that are still similar to the BfA designs.

I'm hoping anyways because WW has had the same playstyle since then

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    so after checking out the dungeon journal we dont kill iridikron and the dragons that get revived in the blight of galakrond fight look like the other 3 incarnates
    the final boss is also that infinite dragon from uldaman so its definitely that relic

im wondering if iridikron is just trying to revive and empower his fellow incarnates
    Then why do they all have completely different names from the incarnates? Plus the journal says these drakes just got reanimated by Galakrond's Blight

But yeah I don't think Iridikron gets killed, we can barely even touch him during the fight after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw checking things on the PTR and I am just so very tired of watching my character be used yet again to screw things up just so I can even get a chance to see the story. Do the devs have a shame fetish?

Also why would Morchie ride on an infinite dragon? She IS an infinite dragon. If you are going to give away that she is Infinite, it is far more dramatic for her to transform than to just show up with one. And they don't even give the poor drake a name before we kill them.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-21 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also why would Morchie ride on an infinite dragon? She IS an infinite dragon. If you are going to give away that she is Infinite, it is far more dramatic for her to transform than to just show up with one. And they don't even give the poor drake a name before we kill them.
    To be fair, if I could have an intern piggyback me to the fields of battle that would be a way to assert my dominance to the 5 people I mean to fight in mortal combat.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    To be fair, if I could have an intern piggyback me to the fields of battle that would be a way to assert my dominance to the 5 people I mean to fight in mortal combat.
    Btw I am looking forward to the anti-woke police pronouncing WoW dead because in the new questline with the whelps they tender never gender them.

Btw I am looking forward to the anti-woke police pronouncing WoW dead because in the new questline with the whelps they tender never gender them.
    You'd have to have a streamer or youtuber rant about it first. It's not like they read quest text.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

The dragons during the Galakrond fight use the "Elemental Protodrake" models that the "Lieutenant" Proto Drake use, which is just a less fancy Incarnate model.

Personally, I'm in shock. What actually happens in that questline? I haven't bothered with it yet.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Personally, I'm in shock. What actually happens in that questline? I haven't bothered with it yet.
    I am not doing it twice so I just checked out the intro quests. Maybe WoWHead will get off their butts reposting the same thing in ten different threads to actually do an original piece on it.

I am not doing it twice so I just checked out the intro quests. Maybe WoWHead will get off their butts reposting the same thing in ten different threads to actually do an original piece on it.
    Wowhead has been in a hurry to tell me about the Diablo-KFC crossover where you do battle with Colonel Sanders and use his still beating heart as a trinket, but it has posted nill on the Legendary q-line I'll never do because I don't play Evoker. Very nice.

Wowhead has been in a hurry to tell me about the Diablo-KFC crossover where you do battle with Colonel Sanders and use his still beating heart as a trinket, but it has posted nill on the Legendary q-line I'll never do because I don't play Evoker. Very nice.
    Honestly I gather that the drop rate on HC is not bad so I might get it on an alt. I like that they did it though. Helps drive the story for the class and make it feel special cause let's face it, they are never gonna get another place in the spotlight for the next decade. Meanwhile my paladin felt thematic every time faction war was important and will definitely feel so when we eventually face the Light.

That actually sounds damned awesome...

Odd they didn't include any mention of the "Wallpaper Paste" consumable item; couldn't be the Colonel without it.

With that mentioned, is the promo event starting this week? I want to level some more alts.